Pearson's starting eleven  (433)                     

Penguin.

Steamer Duck.    Weka.   Ostrich.   Kiwi.

Kakapo.  Takahe.  Cassowary.

Chicken*  Clay Pigeon  Dodo

Subs:- eddie, Elephant Bird, Birdman of Alcatraz, Big Bird, Bird's Custard, Dickie Bird, Ovis Aves 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Pearson's starting eleven  (433)                     

Penguin.

Steamer Duck.    Weka.   Ostrich.   Kiwi.

Kakapo.  Takahe.  Cassowary.

Chicken*  Clay Pigeon  Dodo

Subs:- eddie, Elephant Bird, Birdman of Alcatraz, Big Bird, Bird's Custard, Dickie Bird, Ovis Aves 

Is Eddie a bird? Actually, he's always clucking away like an old hen so you're right!

I wonder when we talk about 442 if that is what we really mean ?

i don't like being tied to one concept but the idea of 2 strikers working in tandem in vaguely central positions ( I.e. Where the flipping goal is ) seems fundamentally right and having width across the whole pitch with forward sitting players ( other wise known as wingers ) also has considerable benefits. I honestly reckon that is what we are on about. Rather than rigid formations written down as 442/4411/diamonds and all that malarkey. .... Wingers with 2 forward predators in the middle ...and enough speed precision and muscle in the middle to feed them. 

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

News flash - eddie withdrawn from subs list. He has sprained a right wing and will be out as long as he wants, ok.:thumbsup:

At least eddie lays golden eggs.:D

Golden labrador eggs

4 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

I don't mind 442.. I mean we have so many players at this club its ridiculous, didn't we go out and buy players that suit a different formation to the 433 we've become accustomed too?

Pearson also know how to combat our 433 having done it in style 2 seasons ago home and away, who's to say he doesn't know how to get the best out of our system as well, we could see 1 or 2 tweaks to it and we'll all be thinking "is that all it took".

Its going to be interesting whatever he decides to do.. sit back and enjoy the ride with the ostrich man ;)

The home game was under Clough and his diamond. We battered them. They won due to a lucky own goal.

4 4 2 , 4 2 3 1 , 4 4 1 1 , 4 3 3 all our players should be able to fit into any of these systems , there not that different really just a tweak here and there it's all about what players you have in that team and if they fit into NP s way of playing the game regardless of the shape . 

People harp on about formations meaning everything, but 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1 and 4-2-3-1, at the very least, are all just adaptations of each other. A deep lying striker and a poacher, 4-4-2 becomes 4-4-1-1. Push your wingers up and it's 4-2-3-1. 

All well and good saying Leicester played 4-4-2 cause that's what Sky told you but when one winger tucks in narrow and the other can do what he likes, while one striker drops deep, and what do you have now? 4-3-1-1-1. Bet Sky can't fit that on their graphic. 

Bar 2/3 new players, I think we're actually already in a good position to play 4-4-2:

Carson

Christie        Keogh            Shackell         Olsson

*New winger*    Thorne     Hughes          Ince 

*new striker*     Martin

add Matty James to cover the defensive role of Throne and you're good to go! ;) 

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Bar 2/3 new players, I think we're actually already in a good position to play 4-4-2:

Carson

*new striker*     Martin

Really? New winger and striker? We've got plenty of excellent players in both those positions and we really dont need another centre mid, we've already got SEVEN!

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Am I the only person* who thinks Wiemann could do a job up top with Martin? Could be a good foil to Martin's hold up play with his pace.

*I haven't read the rest of this thread so please don't shoot me if its been said already.

I always saw him as a striker! Saying that he stretched Hull recently when playing out wide, needs a bit more time in the team maybe that's all not just for a few games

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Am I the only person* who thinks Wiemann could do a job up top with Martin? Could be a good foil to Martin's hold up play with his pace.

*I haven't read the rest of this thread so please don't shoot me if its been said already.

No I don't think so - but not because of Weiman. I think that he might just thrive under Pearson. His pace and directness could easily be utilised in Jamie Vardy type way. I just have my doubts that Martin could play upfront as part of a two. I think he'll prove to be too immobile and he tends to drop deep when he has a partner. That said, he's an intelligent footballer and may well be able to adapt his game and prove me completely wrong.

Looking at Pearson's more recent striker signings he's very much toward the big men - Ulloa and Wood are 6'4" and 6'3" respectively. Johnson would be an acceptable left winger for me if he found form and Ince could play more consistently on the right, he did well enough there for Norwich.

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

No. You are not the only person to think that I think it too for one

4 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Carson

*new striker*     Martin

I don't think there would be any need to design anyone really ? Why not try a bent / Martin combo up front or a Weimann/ Martin. As for the wings Russell ? Johnson ? Camara ? Even Butterfield? 

Archived