We have shifted the players around enough. Formation and tactics have not solved the 'did not turn up' issue. Other teams were more consistent than us. Pearson will probably solve this but it will not be by changing formation or shifting players around.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Rampage said:

We have shifted the players around enough. Formation and tactics have not solved the 'did not turn up' issue. Other teams were more consistent than us. Pearson will probably solve this but it will not be by changing formation or shifting players around.

Agreed. It will be by changing attitudes around.

21 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Work rates may also come into it. Leicester's work rate was incredible but possible

Nigel likes hard workers with good attitudes… where have I heard that one before? 

Because of Clough's "honest runners" recruitment policy and how Pearson supposedly likes his teams and players I find it highly likely that any players moved on will have been signed post-Clough.

I disagree with you in saying that it's not down to tactics however. The system that got the best out of this set of players hasn't been used since eight o'clock on the tenth of February 2015, with us sitting second in the league. 

Biggest reason not play 4-4-2 is our full backs.

Dont even think Pearson will play 4-4-2 with what we have.

Remember we shipped out good solid 4-4-2 defenders in Baird and Warnock.

i quite liked it when we played 4-4-2 at Birmingham away early season created a lot of chances, Bent should have scored 2 or 3. But was too open to be fair and PC could see that.

I trust Pearson to make 2 decisons to get us promoted and more consistant.

Play Weimann more and play Ince less.

Find a brute of a CDM who can play when Thorne doesnt, and being able to pass a bit would be nice, but not as important if Hughes stays fit. Get a guy who loves the physical side of the game and is good at his job at corners both attacking and defending them, and we are onto a winner.

Archived