Under 23s & Academy 16/17

SaintRam

Football fans piss me off.

ZERO messages of support on Derby's twitter when they're reporting on the game. Not one. Then Man City take the lead and everyone crawls out of the ******* gutter to **** on our youth quality / Wassall's ability.

People are a bunch of right *****.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

ZERO messages of support on Derby's twitter when they're reporting on the game. Not one. Then Man City take the lead and everyone crawls out of the ******* gutter to **** on our youth quality / Wassall's ability.

Unfortunate thing is, not surprised at all.

20 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Rubbish. People (us Brits) always complain more than we praise! Disappointed too no doubt.

54 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Rubbish. People (us Brits) always complain more than we praise! Disappointed too no doubt.

It's not about complaining more than praising, as you say that's British.

This is exaggerated complaints bordering on (or just straight up) abuse and zero praise/support at all.

13 hours ago, SaintRam said:

What?!?!?!?! People were slagging off the u-23s? For losing to Man City by a single goal? The team who has invested more in their youth system than most teams have invested in their first team? 

People are idiots and they make me sad... :(

I think the fact that a newly promoted Derby youf side went toe-to-toe with the big boys of the league and gave them a good run for their money is an excellent indication of how well Wass and the team are doing... And the talent we have coming through...

Would love to know the average age of our side as it seems we got rid of most of our 21 yr olds and seem to just have 19 yr olds around! (which is even more impressive)

Just now, cheron85 said:

What?!?!?!?! People were slagging off the u-23s? For losing to Man City by a single goal? The team who has invested more in their youth system than most teams have invested in their first team? 

People are idiots and they make me sad... :(

I think the fact that a newly promoted Derby youf side went toe-to-toe with the big boys of the league and gave them a good run for their money is an excellent indication of how well Wass and the team are doing... And the talent we have coming through...

Would love to know the average age of our side as it seems we got rid of most of our 21 yr olds and seem to just have 19 yr olds around! (which is even more impressive)

Plus a couple of u18s (inc. Elsnik :wub: )

15 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I've wondered for a while why we bother as a club with FB and Twitter for this very reason. There are rarely any positive comments & it's just open to trolls from inside and outside the club who'll just try and undermine any positivity.

Ive come to the conclusion most derby fans are *******.
We have just gone up a division to the big league where the mega clubs cherry pick the best young talent in europe and our fans whinge and whine. I hope we do ok this season, but dont expect any favours from our so called fans.

Promising midfielder Timi Max Elsnik has put pen-to-paper on a new three-year contract at Derby County – following a successful first year with the club.

The 18-year-old’s new deal has seen him commit his future to the club until the summer of 2019.

Elsnik, a Slovenian Under 19 international who is now part of Derby’s Under 23 squad, made an immediate impression during the 2015/16 season with a number of dynamic and impressive displays in the middle of the park.

Originally with the Rams’ Under 18s set-up, Elsnik quickly earned, and cemented, a place in the Under 21s squad that was promoted to the top flight of the rebranded Premier League 2 pyramid as champions last season.

As a result of his fine performances, he was revealed as the club’s Scholar of the Year at the Rams’ annual End of Season Awards event back in May.

Elsnik was also called to train with the first-team squad on a number of occasions towards the end of the 2015/16 campaign and also spent time with Nigel Pearson’s squad ahead of the current campaign.

He played for the first team for the first time in their friendly clash with Portuguese giants Benfica in the Algarve Football Cup back in July - and was allocated a squad number ahead of Derby’s EFL Cup round one meeting with Grimsby Town earlier this month.

Manager Nigel Pearson said: “It’s important, regardless of what age group they are in, that we continue to develop our players.

“We’re pleased that Timi Max has signed a new contract for the next three years.”

After committing his future to the club, Elsnik said: “It has been quite a year for me.

“You always have to try and impress new people in the club and I came back for the new season ready to go.

“I had some time with the first-team during pre-season and I’m very happy to sign a new contract here at Derby County.

“Every time I have trained or played with the first team squad I have learnt from the experience.

“It’s like a different world being here and we have everything we need to develop; the training facilities that we have are excellent."

He added: “I’m really looking forward to this season with the Under 23s; we have a lot of games and it’s going to be exciting.

“We have different levels of games; every game is a massive game and there are so many challenges for us to get the opportunity that we all want.

“I would love to continue my progress and my target is to make my first-team debut.”

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Very good new over Elsnik. Also I hadn't realized he'd joined Max Lowe from the U23s in getting a squad number. Timi Max is our fabulous new number 30!

Yessir. He's going to game time this season if we play tactics with out and out wingers. We're going to end up thin for at least a couple of weeks with short term injuries at some stage.

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Yessir. He's going to game time this season if we play tactics with out and out wingers. We're going to end up thin for at least a couple of weeks with short term injuries at some stage.

See... Promising youngsters coming through our academy excites me much more than signing players... Having seen the likes of Hughes, Hendrick and Hanson come through I feel good about the quality we have...

That said... Elsnik may need to change he name to Helsnik if we only produce good 'H' players...

33 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Does he play out wide or in the middle for the U23s, and which position do you think he'll end up in? I know that he's very skilful on the ball but he doesn't have too much pace does he?

6 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Does he play out wide or in the middle for the U23s, and which position do you think he'll end up in? I know that he's very skilful on the ball but he doesn't have too much pace does he?

Elsnik players central midfield.

Archived