Thanks Darren.

This isn't going to be too gushing. I honestly don't believe Darren Wassall  should be our first team coach next season, but that won't stop me from saying this where I think it needs to be said. 

Darren's post-match interview on BBCRD this evening showed unequivocally how much he cares for our club. I thought he spoke with class and dignity. The man loves Derby County. To be offered the role of first team manager when he was, to have the courage to take it on, and the passion he's shown for the duration of his tenure should be complimented. Tactical criticisms aside I'd like to sincerely thank Darren for giving evidently his all for the club that we all love, despite falling short at the final hurdle his attitude has been superb. 

I'll bloody buy him a pint if I ever see him. 

Up the Rams. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Howard Canitbé said:

This isn't going to be too gushing. I honestly don't believe Darren Wassall  should be our first team coach next season, but that won't stop me from saying this where I think it needs to be said. 

Darren's post-match interview on BBCRD this evening showed unequivocally how much he cares for our club. I thought he spoke with class and dignity. The man loves Derby County. To be offered the role of first team manager when he was, to have the courage to take it on, and the passion he's shown for the duration of his tenure should be complimented. Tactical criticisms aside I'd like to sincerely thank Darren for giving evidently his all for the club that we all love, despite falling short at the final hurdle his attitude has been superb. 

Up the Rams. 

Totally agree, Howard Canitbe

3 minutes ago, Howard Canitbé said:

Up the Rams. 

Cracking post mate.  Classy, honest and fair.

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

He did a good interview on SSN.

Might have been the same one but was pitch perfect. Not overly gung how.  Proud but a bit humble.

Dickov has given Wass his vote for the job.

I thought his interview was classless. Turned into a horrible, self-aggrandising advert for himself and he even claimed the team represents him (it doesn't) - David Brent mark 2.

Agree wholeheartedly. Not the man to take us forward but I very much hope he stays with the club and especially the academy. He spoke well tonight on Sky and Radio Derby. He didn't ask for the job, but had it thrust upon him. And he's taken a lot of flak while in the limelight and kept coming back. Time to for him step out of the limelight, but with our thanks.

4 minutes ago, Howard Canitbé said:

Up the Rams. 

Wasn't happy with his appointment from day one and still not happy, but your on the money Howard and I too would buy him a beer if the opportunity arose. 

Time now to move onwards and upwards & DW goes back to the previous role within the club. 

He clearly does have our clubs best interest at heart and it shows, but we move on. 

I agree he has done everything that was asked of him when he came to the rescue. He has done well with the poor hand he was dealt He stopped the rot, got us back playing some good positive football and gave a crack at getting this fragile side through the play offs.

Cheers Wass.

Deserves utmost respect for taking it on, had a real go, did what he thought right, made mistakes but just kept trying again.

End of the day he gave it his best shot and I'm sure he could look any keyboard warroir in the eye and say that with conviction. 

Bad luck Darren. Enough said.

14 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Yep, thanks Darren...for sending out a team on Saturday with the most gifted and creative footballer at the club playing as a defensive midfielder where he could do nothing....

thanks for everything..!!

He's played there before and how the hell were those 3 goals scored because we played hughes at dm.

We have just played a fantastic game of football and people still won't leave it alone.

Like wassall is the only manager that's made mistakes.

Go and suck on ya dummy till next season when you can give our new manager your vast expertise.

Hughes at CDM wasn't the problem on Saturday, well, not the main one. Unfit Mr. Badtouch was the main one combined with team fagility. Should've never been on and given hoe Jeff did, why didn't he make it???? sigh, cap'n hindsight, eh?

Anyway, good post. I think he should bow out with our thanks. It's not a sentimental business Chairman Mel.

I thought his radio Derby interview he kinda knew he wasn't getting the job so was able to relax and say thanks.

He had a lot of deserved criticism, but overcame a lot of undeserved hostility as well.

1 minute ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Can't knock his passion for the club, he'd take a bullet for Derby to be successful, but it's not enough. Clearly not the man for the job. 

Gave it his best, but do the right thing Mel.

100% agree

He has his faults and everyone knows I'm not a fan of him but I can't knock him for his passion and his desire to do well. Don't want him as our permanent manager but don't want him to leave our club either. Hope he goes back to the under 21s and helps to coach our next generation in the u 21 premier league. This experience will help him as well but whether he wants to go back is a different matter. 

Archived