Thanks Darren.

I thank DW for his efforts.

He may have made some mistakes and shown a little naivety at times but he has to be credited with stopping the rot that had set in, reversing the decline and getting us playing some decent football again.

Some folks on here seem to think that an experienced manager coming in after PC's sacking would have guaranteed us more success, there are no guarantees and we could have easily jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire. DW has apparently brought some level of unity and stability to the playing staff and bought us the time to consider our next appointment carefully.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he gets the job or not he deserves to be thanked for this season, Wassall is no clown, he's no idiot, he may have selected teams you didn't agree with, he may have seen games differently, he may have made mistakes but so did Clement, McClaren, Clough, Jewell, Davies....

We've had 2 rookie head coaches and a rookie owner in one season, to end the season 1 goal away from Wembley and a chance of promotion isn't to be sniffed at. Many clubs would love to be in our position.

Promotion is always the goal for a club of this size in the Championship, it's now time for those that run the club to reflect, learn from their mistakes and prepare us for next season with whoever they have the faith to do the job.

If it's Wassall I'll support him, Pearson or even Eddie I'll support them.

Buzzing for next season already.

Sith Happens

Its difficult, and i think last night makes it more difficult for mel, had we gone out last night and done what we did saturday then i think decision made time to move on.

Clearly he has some ability, i think his inexperience has cost us at times, IF he does get appointed i do like the idea of having some experience alongside (like the harry role but someone other than harry), i would get warnock in for that role.

Wouldn't have blamed him for walking away from the club after the vile abuse he received at Rotherham, but it shows the passion he has for the club that he stayed and learned from it. Steadied the ship, got us playing decent football again, and made an exciting end to the season when we were down and out.

I don't think he's the man for the job, but please don't let him leave the club altogether.

Strange one for me last night I've always been part of the Wassall out brigade, but seeing him wade through the Hull fans to come over and applaud the Derby fans got me thinking the guy truly loves this club and we could do a lot worse. I still think its too soon for him to be a permanent number 1, however id not complain about him being a number 2 gaining some valuable experience (and media training) and seeing what happens in the future.

Again going to reiterate what most have said. Darrens passion is wonderful to see I certainly think he has a positive influence around the first team so I would want him to take up maybe the no.2 role. Unfortunately I don't think he's ready to be no.1 and I hope Mel does the right thing and appoint an experienced exciting manager.

I think DW has had a true baptism of fire and under the circumstances has acquitted himself very well. He is a true asset to the club and his efforts should be recognised in some way by the club. If he is to be replaced as head coach then give him something more than just his old job back so he feels valued and appreciated. I just hope he remains in some capacity to continue and build upon his good work.

11 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Yep, thanks Darren...for sending out a team on Saturday with the most gifted and creative footballer at the club playing as a defensive midfielder where he could do nothing....

thanks for everything..!!

was the best option we had available IMO, steve nicholsons opinion and the staff who see the players every day.

Hughes has to take responsibility for his inability to get in the game in that position.

But then the whole team do. Hughes playing in that position was not the reason we lost. We lost because we didnt press, we didnt play high up the pitch we didnt move the ball quickly and we played long balls out of sheer nervousness.

Bradley Johnsons fitness was a more glaring mistake than Will Hughes being asked to play there.

Just now, Derbados7 said:

Not a bad bloke by any means. But not a Derby manager by any means either.

I disagree with "by any means" - because he is quite obviously the current Derby manager.

12 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Yep, thanks Darren...for sending out a team on Saturday with the most gifted and creative footballer at the club playing as a defensive midfielder where he could do nothing....

thanks for everything..!!

Welcome to 'ignore'.

Population - Donald Trump.

Let's be fair he hasn't made one signing. He's only had the players that were given to him from previous managers. I personally think he's done a good job and had to put square pegs in round holes at times. Has he made mistakes? Of course he has, show me a manager that hasn't. If he's to be given the job then I will get behind him and the team. If he signs players that aren't right for this club and we start going backwards then that's the time to start questioning., after all that will be his team and his decisions after any recruits he brings in and ships out.

im not saying he's the best manager possible but we could do a lot worse and I couldn't see him humping ship at the first sign of a bigger pay cheque. I now see a team that's much closer to being a team and not just a bunch of individuals and I see every player has improved since he took over in both attitude and footballing performance

i would take Pearson, hughton, Rogers or Holloway but I'd also take our Daz as what he lacks in experience he makes up for in passion and his love for the club.

we often moan about passion of the players and question when we don't get 100% so this should also stand for the manager.

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Quite obviously Derby's current head coach, not manager. :lol:

Pedantic, I know ;)

Until the media and society in general starts recognising a difference, and the bookies stop having a listing of "Derby manager first league game of 16/17 season) I refuse to accept a difference in discussions. 

Unless it's to be equally pedantic when talking to someone I don't really like. 

Archived