Who's to blame?

Posh Ram

Who's to blame?  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't think a clear out is completely necessary. Yes a few players should be shifted, but for me the most important signing is a new manager - someone who can actually get the best out the current players. There's ample talent there, we've seen flashes of it all season. 

Wassell's done ok, but realistically was never going to be a longterm solution. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends what you mean by who's to blame.

If you mean today then blame lies with the staff tactically and team selection very poor and naive in my opinion in a very winnable game. Not hard for Hull to work out how we were going to play and not hard to realise that Hughes has never been a holding midfielder and never will be.

In terms of the season then the blame lies with Mr Morris who appointed the staff.

Morris.

Morris.

Morris.

Morris.

Sacked Clement. Didn't hire a decent replacement when we had it all to play for. Sanctioned awful signings, and worst of all, stuck his head in the sand and let everyone else (DW, Rush) take the blame when our season imploded.

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Other. I blame the fans for constantly slating every decision the club makes instead of getting behind them and supporting. 

Yes, it's the fans fault for these bunch of overpaid (bottlejob) tossers being paid 20 plus grand a week to serve up ***** like that. Good one kid.

8 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Yes, it's the fans fault for these bunch of overpaid (bottlejob) tossers being paid 20 plus grand a week to serve up ***** like that. Good one kid.

I'm sure your sterling support was a big help. Good one kid.

6 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

Some questions for you Mel:

1. Why do you keep appointing rookie managers?

2. Why the policy to have a bloated squad?

3. Who the hell is buying these players? A transfer panel or the head coach?

4, Has the head coach got total control of team affairs.  If so then why call him head coach? If not how much control does he have?

5. Why didn't you go for Mark Warburton last summer when he was available and you knew McClaren had his mind set on Newcastle.?

Anyone care to add to this list of questions?

No more questions but maybe a few answers:-

1 - He has only appointed one manager so far. He came from Real Madrid, also worked at Chelsea an PSG. Bit of a gamble that never paid off.

2 - Which players have 'bloated' the squad? Would you have been happy if he had done nothing when Hughes/Bryson got injured in the first game of the season?

3 - He's answered that question before.

4 - What makes you think any different? Once again it has been explained many times how the setup works.

5 - He wasn't in complete control of DCFC at the time. How do you know Warburton (a) would want to come and (b) would have done any better than Clement/Wassall?

I cant believe almost 22% blame Mel, i know we cant discuss it but he had no choice but to sack Clement because of what most should know... I also believe he has this club at heart and i worry we are as bad as the inbreds down the road, they criticized and slagged off Nigel Doughty after he poured millions into the club in an attempt to improve it and now they piss on his grave

I'll come back in 2 weeks...

15 minutes ago, smiths_tavrn said:

Pretty much agree with all this. I heard Mel Morris say that he wanted the head coach (Clement at the time) to add value to any players signed. Let's examine how much value has been added to the 7 players costing a fee this season.

Player                  Fee                  Value now

Ince                   £4.75 million        ??????

Shackell             £3.0 million        £1.2 million

Weimann           £2.5 million         £1 million

Johnson             £6.0 million        £500,000 

Butterfield           £4.0 million         ??????

Camara              £1.5 million        £750,000

Blackman            £3.25 million     £1 million

Olsson                 £500.000          I think we'd get our money back here   

Mel you've been mugged on 6 out of 7 of these signings. Add in your pathetic decision to appoint Clement and then another bad decision to appoint Darren Wassall, it's been a disaster of a season. Oh and I really hope I'm eating my words on Tuesday evening after a miraculous performance by The Rams. Also like to say I don't blame Wassall as he shouldn't  have been put into this position.

It's not just the money wasted on these signings but the amount of signings too. The wages of the 12 players signed this season  (7 fees paid and 5 free transfers) must have sent wages bill through the roof.

Some questions for you Mel:

1. Why do you keep appointing rookie managers?

2. Why the policy to have a bloated squad?

3. Who the hell is buying these players? A transfer panel or the head coach?

4, Has the head coach got total control of team affairs.  If so then why call him head coach? If not how much control does he have?

5. Why didn't you go for Mark Warburton last summer when he was available and you knew McClaren had his mind set on Newcastle.?

Anyone care to add to this list of questions?

Pretty much echoes my thoughts exactly.  You can't really blame Waffall for this because who wouldn't want the chance to manage the team if offered it.  Mr Morris has made one bad decision after another this season, starting with hiring Clement in the first place.  After Tuesday's inevitable dead rubber he needs to sit down with Sam Rush and think long & hard about who the next boss i.e. manager is gonna be and if he's going to give that manager complete autonomy over team affairs, most importantly transfers.  Out of the players signed before PC got his feet properly in the door only Carson & Ince has proved to be a good, Weimann, Baird & Bent have been a waste.  Not sure who decided to sign Shackell but that's a gimme because he'd have been wanted by every team in the division.  I know, i know we only signed Buttefield & Johnson because of injuries but we could've gotten ample replacements in the loan market with minimal fees & wages instead of bloated panic-buy fees and wages.  Same goes for the January window, £3m on a player with six months left on his contract who's only scored regularly for 3 months in his entire career smacks of no idea or direction.  Out of the numerous signings we made this season barely half have been a success...

2 minutes ago, nfb said:

I cant believe almost 22% blame Mel, i know we cant discuss it but he had no choice but to sack Clement because of what most should know... I also believe he has this club at heart and i worry we are as bad as the inbreds down the road, they criticized and slagged off Nigel Doughty after he poured millions into the club in an attempt to improve it and now they piss on his grave

I honestly dont know why he was sacked? Can someone PM me what 'most should know' 

22 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I'm sure your sterling support was a big help. Good one kid.

Oh no is a fully grown man getting booed by some random person in the crowd? 

The crowd was superb today, the atmosphere was fantastic for the best part of the game until we decided to start with the usual back passing **** and Hollywood long balls from the ball - of course you'll hear moans and groans, it's frustrating as sin seating there and knowing it's blatantly not working. 

What'cha want us to do? Applaud a 60 yard ball from Shackell intended for Martin? Only to land on Dawson's head every time? 

The player's have been pretty average for the best part the season,  it's not the fan's fault. it's the fact A) They are inconsistent B) They aren't good enough and C) Are managed by a amateur who doesn't belong anywhere near a club aiming for promotion.

Mel Morris, the players, Paul Clement, Darren Wassall, the idiot's in recruitment, the coaching staff are all to blame, but the fans? give me a break.

Just now, smiths_tavrn said:

1. I'd call Wassall an appointment. Getting in a new manager after the dismissal of Clement would have given the new manager time to assess the squad for next season. Now the new manager will have only a few weeks to do this before the transfer window slams shut. Another inept decision from MM.

2. There is the loan market you know.

3 & 4 Well I have no idea what the set up is. I've read contradicting versions on here though.

5.Well I heard of no suitors until Rangers snapped him up. No I don't know if he'd have come. No harm in asking him though. 

1 - Not rushing into an appointment has also given DCFC chance to see if any good managers become available at the end of the season.

2 - Not sure what calibre of players are available for loan 1 match into the season but don't imagine it's great.

3 & 4 - Read the Breakfast Club thread. Mel explained and it was reported on here

5 - What makes you think he would have done a good job here? How do you know he was not asked?

Is this poll for real? You're trying to place the blame. It was the whole team, nobody was interested, nobody looked like they even cared. Unfortunately we have been labelled the bottlers which at current is true.

A few years ago we were hoping to challenge for promotion, let's just be greatful we are challenging at the top and not the bottom!

1 minute ago, alanmarklewis said:

Is this poll for real? You're trying to place the blame. It was the whole team, nobody was interested, nobody looked like they even cared. Unfortunately we have been labelled the bottlers which at current is true.

A few years ago we were hoping to challenge for promotion, let's just be greatful we are challenging at the top and not the bottom!

Some Derby fans are incapable of handling the concept of collective responsibility.

Archived