Who's to blame?

Posh Ram

Who's to blame?  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, nfb said:

I cant believe almost 22% blame Mel, i know we cant discuss it but he had no choice but to sack Clement because of what most should know... I also believe he has this club at heart and i worry we are as bad as the inbreds down the road, they criticized and slagged off Nigel Doughty after he poured millions into the club in an attempt to improve it and now they piss on his grave

I'll come back in 2 weeks...

Of course it's his fault ,he hires and fires the manager ,sanctions players into the club he's made a right pigs ear of it .However some things we forced on him and he may learn from his mistakes and put it right ,but here and now the buck stops with him.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If today is how we are going to approach big games then Redknapp can take his experience and shove it up his tax dodging anus. 

Send Wassall back to the academy. Let him get on with what he is passionate about. 

I'm not gonna blame Wassall but not blame Redknapp. They're the 'dreamteam' that lacked any sort of adaptability. You'd have thought Redknapp would have had an idea of what to do when things went from bad to worse just before half time. At 2-0 all we needed was one goal and the tie was wide open again. Instead neither of them could come up with a single thing to change and second half followed the same pattern as the first without the nice positive spell we enjoyed in the first 15 minutes. 

54 minutes ago, eddie said:

Some Derby fans are incapable of handling the concept of collective responsibility.

The players were at fault today, to an extent, sure. 

For another bad season I don't think you can blame the squad as a whole, many of them performed as they should have.

Also this poll is meant to be lighthearted so calm yer tits :) 

3 hours ago, ITSD said:

I see a lot of abuse being aimed at Wassall, but Harry Redknapp must also take some blame. He's vastly experienced, won the playoffs before etc. I thought having him here would have played into our hands during the playoffs, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm not saying Wassall is blameless,  but he is certainly not solely responsible. 

You obviously haven't read the memo:

Harry gets the praise when we win.

Wassall gets the flak when we lose.

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

Slow passing for most the season.

And Wassall should be shot for the stupidity in playing the long diagonal even after it became clear it didn't work

And it was no surprise really because that's not how we play when we've ever played well. 

The most creative player in the league never got a chance to press on even at 2-0 down.

Stupid decisions from day 1 from players and staff. Too many

This, it made me want to walk out. How on earth he thought that might get us some penetration is beyond me. Dawson was licking his lips at that tactical ineptitude.

Clearly the fault lies with Mel,, sacks Clement for whatever reason in my opinion it wasnt a footballing decision, so ok moving on, if he sacks a manager he has to appoint a proven manager to get the supporters the the premier league and the owner/investor to a shed load of cash,, that didnt happen why,, it been well published that Clement did not go along with "the derby way", after numerous terrible performances today being the latest its obvious that "the derby way" is a pile of tosh (IMO), is the Derby way not being aiming high,, for Mel financially is the Derby way not being "over 200mil better off fffrom promotion, tv rights ect" 

When we bought Harry in (to my negativity i admit), i at least thought we would show some courage (polite word) on the field with experience that Harry has to get us prepared and motivated for the big games ,,, today ,,, Wassall when 2-0 down did not change his formation or style because he was out of his league,, its not his fault, if i was offered a job & a pay rise i would take it,, Wassall was the reason the U21 team won the title, thats where he belongs

Mel knew that, the blame lies entirely with Mel Morris, we had (IMO) and at the time when forest, and other clubs wanted Clement we got him and paid for him (compensation included), IF we would have stuck with Clement we would be promoted  (IMO)

So what is the Derby way Mel ,, losing X amount on promotion in a record breaking TV revenue deal, spending over the odds on transfers (Johns*n and Blackm*n) specificly , knowing that if we dont progress next year without spending over the odds we WILL fall under FFP

The blame is with Mel (imo)

1 hour ago, Posh Ram said:

The players were at fault today, to an extent, sure. 

For another bad season I don't think you can blame the squad as a whole, many of them performed as they should have.

Also this poll is meant to be lighthearted so calm yer tits :) 

Yes. Finishing 5th really is a bad season. OK we ended with a real stinker (against a Hull team that played well) but are we really that arrogent? 

Gutted for today as everybody is !

waffle to blame firstly but the players themselves have to take some of the blame also as they didn't show up !

no passion no effort and please take a man on and shoot. Christie only player to come out of game with credit.  

Mention to the 1884 group and the rest of the fans for turning up lets hope we get a man who can match our passion and get us where we such be 

lets go to hull Tuesday and hold our heads  high and sing our hearts our for our club and them we are the best fans without the team !

28 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Yes. Finishing 5th really is a bad season. OK we ended with a real stinker (against a Hull team that played well) but are we really that arrogent? 

Maybe it's not so disappointing when you consider how badly we were playing at the end of Clement's reign and the very real worry of finishing outside the playoffs.

When you cast your mind back to how much we spent in the summer and then again in January and the fact that we were building on a side that reached the play-off final two seasons ago, this is a pretty poor outcome. Most people had us in the top two at the start of August and a lot has gone wrong. We're probably in a financial mess too. 

Archived