Who's to blame?

Posh Ram

Who's to blame?  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Premature ejaculation. 

Thats what it felt like when thousands of people threw their streamers before the team had even emerged from the tunnel. 

Some people need better control. It's mind over matter. When the urge arrives, just put it to one side and concentrate on making it last just a little bit longer. 

If you let the birds see the fish in the water before you do, then you're more than likely to cook your own goose. 

For the season Mel for not appointing an experienced manager after Clement.

For today Waffle, terrible team selections have cost us, we were doomed the minute George Thorne went down against Brighton. His subs today were beyond a joke and in his radio interview where he took no responsibility as per usual he said he didn't change things as we were only 2-0 down, what on earth was he watching to think that shambles on the pitch could turn any game round. 433 only works with an out and out CDM in the correct position. So why not change it up? Especially at half time when it wasn't working.

The players deserve a lot of the blame too I've seen more passion and fight on a cold Sunday morning watching pub teams still half cut from the night before. Never been so disappointed at a performance, they should all be ashamed of themselves.

The players can only blame themselves.  They knew what they needed to do, press, show urgency, control tempo and they didn't.  Guess they like the Championship.  Is it possible to turn the scoreline around in the second game?  Yes but these boys won't i fear.  Will give us an extra season to get our act together and clean out the rubbish.  i don't blame the manager, he has done the best he can, he should not have been put in this position to begin with.

Clement sapped the life out of this team. What happened last season was down to injuries, and our awful response to the crisis. But we looked convincing for most of the season.

In the 46 game season, how many good performances did we churn out? I'd put Charlton at home in my top 5, and we didn't even win it. We even said at the time that we were yet to get into our stride.

Turned out that was our top gear. All season.

Clement, the recruitment team and Mel Morris should all take tesponsibility on spending heaps of money on making this team worse.

Clement was only good for grinding out points but that could only take us so far. Our position flatters us.

We've been putting out mid-table performances all season. We've done absolutely nothing that an under-funded Clough side couldn't do apart from hold on to leads a little bit better.

It's a crime against football, what's been done to this team. Hope Mel Morris realises that he also didn't stick to the Derby way. £6,000,000 on a player who doesn't fit a single position in the side and signed on such a whim that he didn't even get the club's name right. What happened to signing players and them see least fitting into the team, Mel?

You can say "we're in good hands" til the cows come home but I can only speak about what I see on the pitch - and I preferred it how it was before.

15 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Clement sapped the life out of this team. What happened last season was down to injuries, and our awful response to the crisis. But we looked convincing for most of the season.

In the 46 game season, how many good performances did we churn out? I'd put Charlton at home in my top 5, and we didn't even win it. We even said at the time that we were yet to get into our stride.

Clement, the recruitment team and Mel Morris should all take tesponsibility on spending heaps of money on making this team worse.

Clement was only good for grinding out points but that could only take us so far. Our position flatters us.

We've been putting out mid-table performances all season. We've done absolutely nothing that an under-funded Clough side couldn't do apart from hold on to leads a little bit better.

It's a crime against football, what's been done to this team. Hope Mel Morris realises that he also didn't stick to the Derby way. £6,000,000 on a player who doesn't fit a single position in the side and signed on such a whim that he didn't even get the club's name right. What happened to signing players and them see least fitting into the team, Mel?

You can say "we're in good hands" til the cows come home but I can only speak about what I see on the pitch - and I preferred it how it was before.

Whilst I didn't enjoy Clement's style at the time, wouldn't you say that grinding out victories would have been all we needed to win the play offs?

21 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Is it Mel's job to decide what players we buy?

I see a lot of abuse being aimed at Wassall, but Harry Redknapp must also take some blame. He's vastly experienced, won the playoffs before etc. I thought having him here would have played into our hands during the playoffs, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm not saying Wassall is blameless,  but he is certainly not solely responsible. 

43 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm going to say something really controversial here and suggest maybe the players had a hand in what happened today...

Bang on for me that like rabbits in headlights after the first goal went in,although hull played very well,one of there fans reckons that's the best they've played this season,bloody typical!

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Is it Mel's job to decide what players we buy?

Mel's job to employ the right people to do it, and to be sensible with his money in this modern era.

It's also his job to stick to his own brief. 

4 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

We need to sell Martin, I know you are going to jump down my throat but this side is built to accommodate him, we have basically purchased POTY from most sides in this division and made them look poor, its time to move on.

I think you've made a good point. We're built to play around CM and he's regressing.

Personally I'd have a big clearout. The only players who I wouldn't sell for sure are Carson, Bryson, Hughes, Thorne and Hanson and maybe Keogh. And I'd definitely get rid of BJ, Blackman, Camara and Baird. Of the others, a decent portion should be moved on. This team is desperately in need of new blood, a new system and a new coach.

2 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

Barely one of those players today can be satisfied with their performance and wassall is not the man for this club.

Disappointed people couldn't wait for the players before launching the streamers but still loved how it all looked!

Its people like you that make me support this club, pride park is apt, shame our players don't show the same.

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Load of rubbish. McLaren was always going, just wanted a payout

Completely agree, McLaren is a mercenary piece of ****.  

Mel had to sack him, he had already left for Newcastle way before the final £2m nail was in the coffin. 

He cost us promotion last year and compensation from Newcastle as well as his little package to F off to Newcastle too. 

Archived