Derby County v Sheffield Wednesday

eddie

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

I don't think we will win this tbh. We have secured a play off spot so our players will naturally take the foot of the gas a bit whereas this is Sheffield Wednesday's cup final. Having said that they got destroyed by Bristol a few weeks ago and we beat them mid week. It all depends which derby turn up. If we play like we have the last few weeks then we will win 2 or 3 nil but I can see us unintentionally slacking off here. My team for this game:

Carson

Christie Keogh Buxton(shacks deserves a rest) Olsson

Thorne

Bryson         Hughes(70 minute run out)

Russell  Martin  Ince

3-2 to derby imo.

Not a bad shout re Shacks, he spent the last 30 minutes at Bristol City stretching his back again. Some game time for Bucko is good insurance. Would love to see Will H get some game time in his legs before the play-offs; in case anyone has forgotten- he is different gravy and would take us up another level. 

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too lazy to put up a link but I see Wednesday are up in arms over Forestieri. They claim he was unfairly booked for diving and due to his diving reputation was denied an obvious penalty vs MK Dons. They may or may not be right but having watched a few highlights of that game that manager of theirs has got them really at it regarding protesting to the ref and generally behaving like spoiled kids.

Reminded me of Forest at their worst! :angry:

Foot on the gas for this one - the last thing we want to do is run the risk of slipping to 6th and facing Boro/Burnley or Brighton in the first leg of the play offs. Win this and we are guaranteed at least 5th, and can relax it a bit for the Brighton away trip if need be.

20 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Massive game for Wednesday. After their lunchtime kickoff against us, Cardiff will run out against Bolton. Then, the following Saturday, Wednesday and Cardiff meet. If we beat them on Saturday, they could be caught the following weekend. Let's hope they're feeling the pressure and we play with freedom.

Know very little about the Brizzle game (I was at a play about a team of British astronauts marooned on Pluto), but people appear to be saying we played well so I'd start the same team. Desperately hoping young Tom Ince bags a goal to bring home my pre-season bet!

I'm on that too, it'll pay for Wembley if he can score one more! 

You all remember how Ferguson went into the man u dressing room and just said "lads, it's Spurs"?

However, I'm sure Wednesday simply need it more right now and may well get something.

I'd keep the team that's playing well and keep going for it, but if we do get undone, we shrug if off as phony war and not take much notice. I also think we may have a dip just through fatigue - they looked absolutely knacked at the end of the brizzle match.

Win it's all good, lose it won't make much difference.

14 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

You all remember how Ferguson went into the man u dressing room and just said "lads, it's Spurs"?

However, I'm sure Wednesday simply need it more right now and may well get something.

I'd keep the team that's playing well and keep going for it, but if we do get undone, we shrug if off as phony war and not take much notice. I also think we may have a dip just through fatigue - they looked absolutely knacked at the end of the brizzle match.

Win it's all good, lose it won't make much difference.

It will if we finish 6th and have to play 3rd

I'd play the same 11. It's a winning team and 4th place is still there to be challenged for.

Save playing the youngsters for the what will probably be a meaningless Ipswich game so some first teamers are refreshed for the Play Off battle ahead.

PistoldPete2
34 minutes ago, admira said:

I'd play the same 11. It's a winning team and 4th place is still there to be challenged for.

Save playing the youngsters for the what will probably be a meaningless Ipswich game so some first teamers are refreshed for the Play Off battle ahead.

Is Johnson fit for this one? Maybe worth starting with him as Wendies will be a physical challenge. Leave Hughes on the bench.

13 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Call me old fashioned, but why are we playing Wednesday on Saturday?

'old fashioned' is not the phrase that springs to mind. ;)

Archived