Derby County v Sheffield Wednesday

eddie

26 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

I think this is arguably the biggest game this season, psychologically beating the team we are more than likely going to face in the play-offs? I'm starting to feel nervous near the business end of the season :unsure:

It's unlikely we'll play them in the playoffs.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LesterRam said:

I think this is arguably the biggest game this season, psychologically beating the team we are more than likely going to face in the play-offs? I'm starting to feel nervous near the business end of the season :unsure:

To play the Wendies in the Play Offs the pairing will have to be 3rd and 6th or 4th and fifth. At this rate the Wendies will finish 5th or 6th so would not play us until the Final  if we finish 4th or 5th (Hull would need to finish 6th if we are to play the Wendies as 4th or 5th in the semis. We are not going to get above Brighton and Hull in the League this year to finish 3rd..

Let us get this right. Getting promoted via the Play Odds has about 200,000,000 advantages and only a few disadvantages.

Boro, Brighton, Hull and Burnley are NOT bigger Clubs than Derby County. Next year the Championship will have Aston Villa and two of Norwich, Sunderland and Newcastle. This is the season to escape the Championship even if we come straight back down, with a lot of money.

The distraction is that signing players for the correct Division is delayed until as late as May 28th. If we stay down it is less of a problem to sign players than if we go up. So put two plans in place.

Getting another higher profile manager in place for the Premiership would be delayed as Wassall will have deserved his chance of a crack at the Premiership. i would give him ten games only and give him a monster pay rise and his Academy job back if he cannot cut it in the Premiership.

A higher profile manager would probably find it easier to attract players of higher calibre (wages) and may get us into a big financial mess. So let's do a yoyo, take the cash and try again if necessary.

Would be nice to beat this lot, their fans were impossible after that breathtaking 0-0 at their place earlier in the season, most of their fans were convinced they deserved to rout us 3-0 and they had the best midfield in the league :lol:

Its on SKY so I'm guessing its got a dull 0-0 written all over it but hope not

Same team as Bristol City with Hughes coming for the final 25 minutes. 

On 21/04/2016 at 10:59, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

As guardian of the galaxy where else would you be?

I'm glad some people appreciate the efforts I go to. :D I actually work quite closely with somewhere called the Future of Humanity Institute that is trying to preserve our species against all manner of threats, including (but not limited to) aliens.

On the more mundane front, I'm looking forward to a lunchtime kickofff. I've decided Saturday's are much more productive if you're free from 2.30 to get on with the day! And saving the world...

I hope he plays our strongest team from now until the end of the season, none of this freshening up rubbish. Get 4th in form and at home for the second leg. Please Mr Wassell leave Bent and co on the bench. (Plus I have several bets on with my Wendys friends at work for tomorrows game which I need to cash in on) 

21 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

You all remember how Ferguson went into the man u dressing room and just said "lads, it's Spurs"?

However, I'm sure Wednesday simply need it more right now and may well get something.

Pretty sure it was Keane who said that.

On 21 April 2016 at 13:36, eddie said:

I try.

On the subject of Owlerton/Penistone, if it hadn't have been true, I would have had to have made it up. It was almost Old One-Eye quality.

Great knowledge and it raises a big question. If wednesday fans are from a place so close to Penistowne, why dont opposing fans  have a nickname to reflect this. Whereas Nottingham is over a 100 miles from Clitheroe but everyone still thinks they're Cun@s 

6 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Anyone in town for an afternoon St. George Day sesh after the match? 

Don't be daft, we're English.

Let's hope we have a game on Paddy's Day next year, we'll all be up for that!

Burnley (87 points)  have QPR at Home and Charlton Away  Win two to be promoted

Boro  (86 points) have Ipswich at Home, Brum Away and Brighton at Home. Need 7 points to be certain to be promoted

Brighton (84 points) have Charlton Away, Derby at Home and Boro Away. Need to win all three to be promoted if Burnley and Boro both win their next two matches.

93 points and you are promoted this season

Chances are that if we beat or draw against Brighton then we will have to play them in the Play Offs Final.

If we lose against Brighton then it looks down to the Boro v Brighton game to see who is in the Play Offs

Hull will have played three games to our one game before we face Brighton on the monday. If they win their next three, they would have 85 points and need only one point to finish above us (or just a superior goal difference) on the last day at home to Rotherham.

Derby County will be 9 points clear of Sheffield Wednesday if we win tomorrow and will therefore finish above them and be in the 4th v 5th Play Off game. 4th team has home advantage in the second leg.

5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'm glad some people appreciate the efforts I go to. :D I actually work quite closely with somewhere called the Future of Humanity Institute that is trying to preserve our species against all manner of threats, including (but not limited to) aliens.

On the more mundane front, I'm looking forward to a lunchtime kickofff. I've decided Saturday's are much more productive if you're free from 2.30 to get on with the day! And saving the world...

"FHI has focused on the dangers of advanced artificial intelligence (AI) "

sadly you are in the wrong virtual place to do your research

I love a good stat, me.

Derby are unbeaten against Wednesday in 15 matches.

So dont fancy their chances much tomorrow.

Factor in, we have won 5 in a row at home, they drew their last 2 home games to bottom half opposition.

The last time they did beat Derby, they had Tudgay and Deon Burton in their team, and the winner came from a sub named Leon Best. Make of that what you will.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Burnley won at Preston by 1 - 0

If they win their last two games, they are promoted. Suits me.

Exactly, Think we have played each other 12 times since we last beat them.

If the possiblty of us facing them in the playoffs is elimated then I can sleep at night.

They would only beat us with a set piece like they always do, anyway.

Lets hope we keep the momentum snd team spirit,but bring on a few fringe players to rest a few legs.Result not everything now we need to focus on having our best 11 fit and motivated for the play offs,would be great to see hughes on for 45 mins.Well done lads for getting back on track and recent performances.

Archived