Wassall In

Day

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jon_Grooves said:

Whats changed? Why only weeks ago we were **** but the past two games were playing well?

Players in right positions & the return of Craig Bryson he's come back in with a lot of energy and its raised everyone around him 

Out of the 11 games DW has been in charge of we have won 6 drawn 1 and lost 4 (19 points) which on average over 46 games would give us 79 points. 2013/14 we got 85 came 3rd, 79 points would have got us 5th. Last season we finished 8th on 77 points, with 79 points again getting us 5th spot. I havent been to any of the games unfortunately through living abroad but from what I have seen and heard we have been very hit and miss - only natural for a new manager finding his feet in a tough league with a lot of expectation. Seems now he and the lads are starting to settle and find a rhythm at just the right time. I know people will say it was only Bolton but today was all about putting a good, professional performance in and by the sounds of it and we now move on to a winnable fixture away at Charlton next week which I think will be a real measure of where we are. Win well and Cardiff is put down to a 'blip'. 

Side note - pure speculation here but is it possible DW maybe went to Steve Mac for a word of advice on how to get the best of certain players perhaps? Very much get the feeling the last two games have had a touch of the 2013/14 and early 14/15 seasons about the? Just a thought that popped into my head but in no way trying to deny DW his share of praise. He's had a lot of criticism and the best way he can answer these is by winning games and playing well, something that this week has yielded in abundance and long may it continue :D

if the team keeps playing like this then i wont object to giving wassell a chance next season.....we have to remember he picked up a demotivated,unhappy,unfit disjointed team from clement who had been moved so far from their tactical happy place under mclaren that they had no idea what they were doing anymore...

wassell has got them back to fitness,defended and motivated them and eventually got them back into their natural positions whereupon their confidece has soared and they back to playing the free flowing,high pressing/tempo way(the derby way,im sure mel would agree) that we all love....lets look at the big picture and give him credit for this

I'm knocked out with our last two performances and if 'Arry wasn't around I'd be full of praise for Wassell but I can't help wonder how much the last two games are down to him alone and how much input has 'Arry had. 

The turnaround in the players is quite amazing really from sulky boys (in some cases) to I'm really enjoying this. Win win for us fans and long may it continue.

It could be a combination of lots of reasons in the good performances. Bryson, Russell and Martin sudden upturn in their playing standards. Harry's presence at training and at match day.  What we need now is some drop in form of our rivals in the top 6 and well you never know where we could end up.

2 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Home form not a problem, away form though is reminiscent of QPRs in their promotion season via the playoffs.... could be a good omen. With Arry here its been triffic so far bar the hiccup V Cardiff. 

It's been at home so far bar the hiccup v Cardiff.

Don't worry, the away form will improve next weekend. I can't get! 

16 minutes ago, robglosta said:

Delighted with the last two performances,  but if Wassall even gets a sniff of a long-term contract after a 'pressure off' end of season wind down I'll be mortified.  

If Darren turns out to be a good manager would you still not want him?

At the moment we just don't know, if we hadn't conceded that penalty today it would have been the longest run without conceding a goal at home since 1925, would Darren have got any credit for that?

I've no idea if DW will turn out to be a good manager or not, but some people seem to have made a decision already. They obviously know a lot more than ordinary fans like me!

I would love to be itk and have the ability to work out a manager's ability after a few games.

What do you mean when you say a "pressure off" and end of season wind down? It looks to me that we are heading for the play offs. I'm not sure there is a much bigger prize to play for in English football.

The pressure is most definitely on!

Archived