Wassall In

Day

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we can keep this up then we get promoted and the job has to be his. If we can put in a few more of these performances between now and the play off final (not get promoted) then it should be offered to him to stay on as manager. Don't want to speak too soon but it looks like we are finally getting the old Derby back. They are playing as a team, linking up well, pressing, playing with tempo and attacking/going forward when they can. In the last two games we could have easily had another 6 goals. There is room for improvement in the final third in terms of finishing and decision making. Confidence on the back of wins like this will change that. Not that it is needed. A fantastic week of football for Derby. Players don't just seem to be in form. They seem to have been reminded just how good they can be/are and how well they do/can play together. Martin looks like he has reversed the clocks 2 years, lost a stone too and cut out his diving. 

1 hour ago, ColonelBlimp said:

David? Have I missed something?

Yes, he's poshed up. He'll be introducing fagging for the Mods next.

The last two performances are the best two since McClaren left - and by 'left' I mean two months before the season ended.

2 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

David? Have I missed something?

Derby 4-1 Bolton and Derby 4-0 Hull?

I'll be honest, Wassall doesn't float my boat but I don't agree with all the stick he's been getting whilst the players have got away without any criticism.

Derby draw/lose the Wassall out campaign kicks in, Derby win and nothing is mentioned, no credit, no well done, nothing.

I guarantee that anything other than 3 points against Charlton next week the Wassall out thread will be bumped followed by a couple of new topics.

It's not right, nor is this pathetic thread and my dominoes one man mini crusade to get my point across. 

Oh and to anyone that says today was only Bolton, they were useless, fair enough but Derby still need to remain professional and get the job done. So easy to turn up for games like today think 3 points are in the bag and come away with nothing.

A few musings:

QPR - limp.  

Rotherham - laughable, worst result of the season.    

F*rest - massive bragging rights, but nothing to shout about in terms of performance. 

Cardiff - limp.  

Hull - emphatic, full credit to the staff.  

Bolton - strong win versus a team in free fall which relegated them; but nothing to get too excited about.  

That is our last six; I would say a mixed bag given the abomination against Rotherham and the non-performance against Cardiff/QPR and by no means even close to a Wassall in (long-term) campaign.  That's just me, perhaps.    

*Edited to add the limp QPR performance. 

Excluding the MK Dons game, for which Wassall had only had 4 days in situ, we've mustered 19 points from 10 games (21 without the freak capitulation at Rotherham).

He's doing absolutely fine, but some people wished him to fail as soon as he was appointed.

15 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Excluding the MK Dons game, for which Wassall had only had 4 days in situ, we've mustered 19 points from 10 games (21 without the freak capitulation at Rotherham).

He's doing absolutely fine, but some people wished him to fail as soon as he was appointed.

:lol: you've given him two points he never got? Brilliant.  

20 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Welcome to the brutal world of football management Mr Wassall.

Had this been the Real Madrid or Barca Academy manager put in charge till the end of the season you do wonder if he would have been given the same treatment as Wassall with the same results.

I feel for Daz Waz, his fate was decided from day one and the timing of Harry Redknapp's arrival with the return to form will not help with 'Arry taking all the plaudits, much the same as Metgod was credited with Derby's wins and Clough the defeats.

Saying that, it is possible that 'Arry's arrival has lifted the players, given them that respected experienced old head around Moor Farm. 

Be an interesting summer if we do go up and what a twist that would be with all the Mel and Wassall bashing we've seen over recent weeks.

Would be that comical I can actually see it happening. I'm off to look at Wembley hotels now....

33 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Not at all.

19 actual points from 10 games classifies as "absolutely fine" in my book.

It's automatic promotion form - or as near as dammit.

Archived