Glory Glory Leicester City

Day

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Kasabian are playing the King Power on the weekend of the play offs and parading the trophy on the sat night gig.

should be good for the blue noses.

Great stuff, maybe after Wembley we could get Whitetown to do a gig at the Ipro Starbucks?

I just heard the fact on Sky, read out with open mouthed astonishment,  that Leicester's team had cost "merely" an estimated  £57m. Given vardy was 1m and mahrez buttons wonder where the cost is.

I was generally surprised at how the numbers in the prem have run away from the championship. It was also reported the Brighton v boro game was worth an estimated 200m.

12 hours ago, HantsRam said:

I just heard the fact on Sky, read out with open mouthed astonishment,  that Leicester's team had cost "merely" an estimated  £57m. Given vardy was 1m and mahrez buttons wonder where the cost is.

I was generally surprised at how the numbers in the prem have run away from the championship. It was also reported the Brighton v boro game was worth an estimated 200m.

Ulloa £8m, Kante £6m, Okazaki £8m, Inler £5m, Amartey £5m, Huth £3m, Gray £3m, Kramaric £7m (not sure how much he's played this season) Schmeichel, Morgan and Drinkwater were about £1m apiece, Vardy £1m and Mahrez £500k.

I make that about £50m.. 

29 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Ulloa £8m, Kante £6m, Okazaki £8m, Inler £5m, Amartey £5m, Huth £3m, Gray £3m, Kramaric £7m (not sure how much he's played this season) Schmeichel, Morgan and Drinkwater were about £1m apiece, Vardy £1m and Mahrez £500k.

I make that about £50m.. 

must be a 7m contract for ranieri and his team to make up the numbers.....

we've got some spending to do to catch up!

37 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I make that about £50m.. 

And half of those have only played a handful of games.  I think their average starting 11 is £23m-ish.  

It's an incredible achievement and I'm really glad they did it, just to give all the lesser lights some hope, but I'm already starting to get a bit tired of all the brown-nosing...

15 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

but then our recent starting 11 isn't the full £25m+ we've supposedly spent.

Made me want to know how much our last Starting XI actually cost, so here it is (transfer values per transfermarkt):

Carson: Unknown, thought to be between £0 and £300,000

Christie: £83,000

Keogh: £975,000

Shackell: £3,000,000 (May be lower)

Olsson: £500,000

Craig Bryson: £385,000

George Thorne: £1,750,000

Will Hughes: £0

Tom Ince: £5,000,000 (Personally, I doubt it's that much) - DET said £3,750,000

Chris Martin: £0

Johnny Russell: £660,000

Total: £11,103,000 - £12,653,000

(Lower end of Carson/Ince estimate to higher end)

12 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

but then our recent starting 11 isn't the full £25m+ we've supposedly spent.

Our most recent starting XI cost £11,700,000 - of which only four of them were signed this season - their total costs equating to £7,400,000. 

Bad innit!

I guess a thread about leicester is the place to put my latest gripe.

I wrote something similar on monday night elsewhere on internet / social media and its still bugging me now almost 4 days on.

I also cannot believe no one else has raised it in the media.

SKY SPORTS are ruining football and they GOT IT BADLY WRONG last weekend with their scheduling.

Now seems an age ago that Leicester won the title yet they still havent picked up the Trophy!!!!!

I liked the olden days, and to an extent I like the modern day when on the final day all teams play at the same time, relegation is decided on that final day, and sometimes titles are won if you get the right result, or perhaps your nearest challenger fails.

Its nice Sky see fit to televise as much of the run in involving the title race as possible. But they seriously screwed up last weekend.

I presume had leicester won at Man Utd last sunday they would have had the trophy there and then at OT, and perhaps a victory parade could have been organised for the next day as is customary. At the very least It would have been nice if Leicester had found out they had won the title with a draw at Old Trafford, based on Tottenhams result with them playing at the same time.... or........ IF SKY had scheduled it better so that Tottenham played on the sunday, and Leciester-man Utd game was on the monday. But by scheduling as they did..... the title was decided by Leicester not kicking a ball, and not even getting to play a game for almost another week.

Sky you got it wrong and you made a shambles of the excitement which goes of winning something whilst players are on the pitch, whether it directly, or jointly with results going you way elsewhere. For Leicester fans there was no "i was there when we won the league" because they didnt have a bleedin game, and wont play another one for another 6 days!

5 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

I guess a thread about leicester is the place to put my latest gripe.

I wrote something similar on monday night elsewhere on internet / social media and its still bugging me now almost 4 days on.

I also cannot believe no one else has raised it in the media.

SKY SPORTS are ruining football and they GOT IT BADLY WRONG last weekend with their scheduling.

Now seems an age ago that Leicester won the title yet they still havent picked up the Trophy!!!!!

I liked the olden days, and to an extent I like the modern day when on the final day all teams play at the same time, relegation is decided on that final day, and sometimes titles are won if you get the right result, or perhaps your nearest challenger fails.

Its nice Sky see fit to televise as much of the run in involving the title race as possible. But they seriously screwed up last weekend.

I presume had leicester won at Man Utd last sunday they would have had the trophy there and then at OT, and perhaps a victory parade could have been organised for the next day as is customary. At the very least It would have been nice if Leicester had found out they had won the title with a draw at Old Trafford, based on Tottenhams result with them playing at the same time.... or........ IF SKY had scheduled it better so that Tottenham played on the sunday, and Leciester-man Utd game was on the monday. But by scheduling as they did..... the title was decided by Leicester not kicking a ball, and not even getting to play a game for almost another week.

Sky you got it wrong and you made a shambles of the excitement which goes of winning something whilst players are on the pitch, whether it directly, or jointly with results going you way elsewhere. For Leicester fans there was no "i was there when we won the league" because they didnt have a bleedin game, and wont play another one for another 6 days!

I hate Sky, I hate everything about them and their horrible little league they have invented, but we won it when we were on the beach...does that detract from it for anyone at all that was around then..? I am 100% sure the answer is no.....and I would take that again tomorrow...( having said all that I do think that they should all play at the same time, just so as not to give anyone any sort of advantage - always better to play first and put pressure on the team playing afterwards)

9 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I hate Sky, I hate everything about them and their horrible little league they have invented, but we won it when we were on the beach...does that detract from it for anyone at all that was around then..? I am 100% sure the answer is no.....and I would take that again tomorrow...( having said all that I do think that they should all play at the same time, just so as not to give anyone any sort of advantage - always better to play first and put pressure on the team playing afterwards)

if they have to be televised, I just think the chasing team should play first, just so you dont get this stupid situation ever happening again.

And whilst I have supported Derby for 30 years, the titles of 40 years ago are a bit far out of my reach to remember. Infact i wasnt even born when we won it under Clough.

Archived