Sam Rush on Radio Derby tonight

Day

1 hour ago, CBE said:

Not especially interested.

Radio Derby seem to think Derby County are answerable to them.

Don't understand why we need to hear from Sam Rush.

DW is in charge and likely to be till the end of season. We have been told that so what is there to know?

People need to cut DW a bit of slack.

I'm not interested in why PC left or was sacked. The football was awful.

We're in a play off position and battling along with other clubs to stay there.

So I really don't want to hear from some odd ball in Allestree or Burton who watches the games on the radio.

Maybe not answerable to RD but definitely to the fans.

Also the football hasn't improved under Wassall.

As fans we deserve answers and RD are the impartial go-between between the fans and the club.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will say that the whole Darren Wassall is a "safe pair of hands" hasn't exactly worked out :lol: but I'm curious to see what happens next. 

Not bothered mind, I can't care about this season any more and keep my hair, but I am curious. 

8 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Maybe not answerable to RD but definitely to the fans.

Also the football hasn't improved under Wassall.

As fans we deserve answers and RD are the impartial go-between between the fans and the club.

I'd say it has... we were good with the ball against Huddersfield, and we were very good all round for 80 minutes on Saturday.

DW did a great job of managing the U21's and it saddens me to see the stick he is getting now. Yes, maybe he is out of his depth managing the first team but I hope the flak he is receiving doesn't force him out of the club altogether. I'd like to see him back with the U21's when we have a more experienced Manager at the helm of the first team

2 hours ago, CBE said:

Not especially interested.

Radio Derby seem to think Derby County are answerable to them.

Don't understand why we need to hear from Sam Rush.

DW is in charge and likely to be till the end of season. We have been told that so what is there to know?

People need to cut DW a bit of slack.

I'm not interested in why PC left or was sacked. The football was awful.

We're in a play off position and battling along with other clubs to stay there.

So I really don't want to hear from some odd ball in Allestree or Burton who watches the games on the radio.

There is a mutual interest in the local radio having good relations with each other and apart from the time of the three amigos , things have worked well.

For those not priviliged for breakfast with Mel , delivering interviews on local radio is a way of communicating with a large number of supporters. Its a far better way of communication than a face to face meeting with half a dozen unrepresentative fans.

There have been a lot of queries as to why we have not heard anything from Rush recently , given he is CEO and used to communicate more often.

If you don't want to listen nobody is forcing you.

I think it's rather telling that Mr Morris is more than happy to go on Radio Derby when everything's fine & dandy but when the doggy do-do has hit the fan he's sending in Sam to cop the flack...  Wasn't he saying a few months ago that he felt compelled to give so many interviews about the state of things as he's the head man and people want to hear stuff from him???  Was Fawaz this much of a basket case in his first year in charge???

11 minutes ago, Srg said:

I'd say it has... we were good with the ball against Huddersfield, and we were very good all round for 80 minutes on Saturday.

Against Huddersfield I don't think we were that good,a better team could of scored 2-3 against us in the 1st 20mins. I think the result papered over the cracks. As for sat I wasn't there but being good for 80mins when a game lasts for 90mins. I was hoping when PC left that the football would improve but I don't see it. I cant remember the last time I was so underwhelmed.

It is all about opinions and I enjoy the debates.

2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Wassall is going back to his old role at the acadmey. 

I have no idea if a new manager will be appointed or if someone will come in until the end of the season. 

No idea why its taken until now. But Saturday was inexcusable and so was Wassall not taking any responsibility for his errors or refusing to apologise to the fans when given the opportunity to do both. 

That could have been the final straw. Especially going into Saturday. 

Also with Boro seemingly getting rid of Karanka it could have made Mel act quicker to get someone in for fear of losing out on a top target to Boro. 

All guesswork from me there. 

But Wassall will not be manager anymore. 

I bloody hope your right, I'm guessing not but fingers crossed you are. 

I would hope Rush comes on and says........to Barry from Burton and Alf from Allestree..........DW was a better than half decent player, he played for Forest, Derby, Man City and Birmingham. He has done and is doing a fantastic job at the Academy. We have stated he has the reins till the end of the season when we will review.  We are trying to be more positive in our play. It's not easy inheriting a squad which has become too large and made up of  some egos and misfits. We are in a play off position let's get behind the team for the next few weeks and shut the - - - - up.

13 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Against Huddersfield I don't think we were that good,a better team could of scored 2-3 against us in the 1st 20mins. I think the result papered over the cracks. As for sat I wasn't there but being good for 80mins when a game lasts for 90mins. I was hoping when PC left that the football would improve but I don't see it. I cant remember the last time I was so underwhelmed.

It is all about opinions and I enjoy the debates.

I did stress with the ball re Huddersfield - as I agree, we were ***** defensively.

And yes, a game is 90 minutes, but before those subs, everything was so positive on Saturday.

32 minutes ago, admira said:

DW did a great job of managing the U21's and it saddens me to see the stick he is getting now. Yes, maybe he is out of his depth managing the first team but I hope the flak he is receiving doesn't force him out of the club altogether. I'd like to see him back with the U21's when we have a more experienced Manager at the helm of the first team

Very true. It's a shame that promoting DW in the short term could have made his position untenable in the long term. 

This season's been a bit of a cock up really. 

The Board is Mel on the 'phone.

Anyway, you do not need a season ticket to be a DCFC fan. All the fun is off the pitch - going to watch the team only spoils things.

Radio Derby tonight will be fine - SR has had months to be coached by the new Communications Director who, appointed by the Board just before PC was sacked, has clearly been doing a brilliant job.

I am however disappointed that first Middlesbrough and now Forest are trying to steal our limelight. But as imitation is the

sincerest form of flattery, what more proof do we all need that MM is a hugely successful trend-setter? Greg Dyke is leaving

the FA in July. Aren't all the pieces of the jigsaw slotting neatly into place?

Meantime NC will be our part time Manager until then, as part(ing) time is the Derby Way! This also prevents him from advising the "former Rams Ace" who is managing Forest until parting time.

As with the EU Referendum, this is all a conspiracy of the elite to fool we peasants. And the peasants always lose.

17 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I think it's rather telling that Mr Morris is more than happy to go on Radio Derby when everything's fine & dandy but when the doggy do-do has hit the fan he's sending in Sam to cop the flack...  Wasn't he saying a few months ago that he felt compelled to give so many interviews about the state of things as he's the head man and people want to hear stuff from him???  Was Fawaz this much of a basket case in his first year in charge???

Damned if he does.

Damned if he doesn't.

:pinch:

Archived