Sam Rush on Radio Derby tonight

Day

Anyone with an opinion that isn't reparation of what the club say is either moaner or a plastic fan give people a chance on here without shooting them down and we would get a much broader views I'm not anti Mel rush or even wassall they all wants what best but I don't have to agree with them on everything 

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Is it? I think you can only come to that conclusion if that's what you'e looking for. I've read the quote over and over again. And I keep reading the word "consideration". 

You asked how I read Sam's interview as Mel wanting to appoint Wassall. That passage was the key indication to me. 

Rush obviously couldn't just come out and say, 'yeah, the job's Darren's unless something goes really awry.' Yet he only mentioned one potential management structure. When trying to piece together information like this, there is never a 'smoking gun', but it is possible to detect hints within even the most guarded of statements. The problem is, you never know if you read it correctly until things get resolved. Even then it is possible that I am correct and at this point Mel is dead set on appointing Wassall, but in the end it doesn't happen. 

Never the less, it is my opinion that several snippets that have emerged - original points made by the 'breakfast club', Owen Bradley saying that it's Wassall's job to lose, Sam's interview, the fact that Mel has brought Redknapp in to support Wassall, rather than bringing in a replacement and a couple of conversations I've had with people with close connections to the club who have said the same. Together, that is enough for me to believe that on the balance of probabilities, Mel's current intention is to appoint Wassall permanently if it is at all tenable.

4 minutes ago, 24/7ram said:

Anyone with an opinion that isn't reparation of what the club say is either moaner or a plastic fan give people a chance on here without shooting them down and we would get a much broader views I'm not anti Mel rush or even wassall they all wants what best but I don't have to agree with them on everything 

don't think that's quite true. Anyone who can explain why they have the opinion they have is generally treated with respect. Anyone who's opinion feels like that of a spoilt brat "I want", is maybe treated with contempt.

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

don't think that's quite true. Anyone who can explain why they have the opinion they have is generally treated with respect. Anyone who's opinion feels like that of a spoilt brat "I want", is maybe treated with contempt.

But who has the right to judge ??? Brat or not  and that's my point all forms of life have whackos/brats but still have a right not to be treated with contempt or in some case dam right rudeness

7 minutes ago, 24/7ram said:

I don't know if that's true. But people will get rubbished when they start pretending that they think Mel Morris said he doesn't want promotion.

It's absurd. Can you think of a single reason why he benefits from being down here. Was it not really risky spending £25m on players if the objective is to stay down? Where will he make most money? Has he got the money he has through his lack of ambition. 

Yet we keep seeing these "quotes" and absolute toss like "Promotion isn't the aim" 

7 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

You asked how I read Sam's interview as Mel wanting to appoint Wassall. That passage was the key indication to me. 

Rush obviously couldn't just come out and say, 'yeah, the job's Darren's unless something goes really awry.' Yet he only mentioned one potential management structure. When trying to piece together information like this, there is never a 'smoking gun', but it is possible to detect hints within even the most guarded of statements. The problem is, you never know if you read it correctly until things get resolved. Even then it is possible that I am correct and at this point Mel is dead set on appointing Wassall, but in the end it doesn't happen. 

Never the less, it is my opinion that several snippets that have emerged - original points made by the 'breakfast club', Owen Bradley saying that it's Wassall's job to lose, Sam's interview, the fact that Mel has brought Redknapp in to support Wassall, rather than bringing in a replacement and a couple of conversations I've had with people with close connections to the club who have said the same. Together, that is enough for me to believe that on the balance of probabilities, Mel's current intention is to appoint Wassall permanently if it is at all tenable.

Stop being so convincing!! It's scaring me :ermm:

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

Rush obviously couldn't just come out and say, 'yeah, the job's Darren's unless something goes really 'arry.' Yet he only mentioned one potential management structure. When trying to piece together information like this, there is never a 'smoking gun', but it is possible to detect hints within even the most guarded of statements. The problem is, you never know if you read it correctly until things get resolved. Even then it is possible that I am correct and at this point Mel is dead set on appointing Wassall, but in the end it doesn't happen. 

Put that right for you ;)

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

I listened to Radio Derby and came to the opposite opinion.

Sam couldn't come out and say its only Darren until the end of the season and that's it without undermining both him and the promotion campaign such as it is.  Sam also never said that the job was Darren's to lose but that his 'hat would be in the ring' if he did well.

I also heard that that we're trying to bring in Harry Redknapp to help Darren 'until the end of the season only' - which leads me to believe that depending upon which division we are in next season we'll either go after new manager A or new manager B.

Until its actually announced what Sam said can be interpreted either way.  Personally I hope they appoint someone that can both buy into 'the Derby way' and can manage big personalities.

Whatever happens its never a dull moment being a Ram.  Oh and theres the small matter of the Dogs at the weekend...

Rush & Morris know they have made a mistake in employing another rookie manager in charge but they will not admit it so to save face they are bringing Arry in to stop another calamity like the Rotherham game happening again.

Let's put all our split opinions/views behind us and pull together  for the end of the season and who knows what could happen.

Theres never a dull moment as a Rams fan and roll on Saturday . I for one can't wait :)

Archived