Sam Rush on Radio Derby tonight

Day

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't be surprised to see him go back after being undermimed on the pitch on Saturday. Makes you wonder if hel see his future at a club where certain senior pros have such a lack of respect for him? As a member of staff at any age group of the club the players should be respectful of them. 

Dont see who's going to take charge on Saturday though? Members of staff going to through their names in a hat?

11 minutes ago, 24/7ram said:

I have heard the opposite Sam will come on tonight and try and make out the club actively looking for a replacement to be appointed  in the summer 

This wouldn't surprise me, reiterating that DW will be here until the end of the season at least, and that we all need to pull together until the end of the season blah blah blah

Season ticket sales are down, so are our hopes and enthusiasm - therefore pep talk required from Sam.

I am still bemused as to whats happened in recent months and despite our awful form we're still only a few points off the automatics but promotion isn't a necessity this season.  Someone needs to clear up what the actual vision is for this/next season and get the fans behind the club again. 

A lot of our success and spending recently has been based on having a packed out happy PP, sry Ipro, we need to get back to that asap.  I hope Sam has some real information about the plan going forwards.

11 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Makes you wonder if hel see his future at a club where certain senior pros have such a lack of respect for him? As a member of staff at any age group of the club the players should be respectful of them. 

Gotta earn respect. Bet Shacks knew he'd get the blame for DWs bizarre game management going tits up!

27 minutes ago, 24/7ram said:

I have heard the opposite Sam will come on tonight and try and make out the club actively looking for a replacement to be appointed  in the summer 

"Try and make out...." do you not think this is the case then? I really don't see DW being Mel's chosen one regardless of how good a friends they are or aren't. 

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Gotta earn respect. Bet Shacks knew he'd get the blame for DWs bizarre game management going tits up!

He has earnt respect he's been at the club for years, nurturing some brilliant first team players. Thel be a lot of players in that dressing who have a great deal of reapect for wassall and wouldn't have been happy with the outburst! I just struggle to see him going back into the academy now 

6 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

He has earnt respect he's been at the club for years, nurturing some brilliant first team players.

I don't know much about the Academy, except Hughes & Hendrick (who weren't ours anyway) so who has he nurtured into the 1st team?

4 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Wassall has been head of the academy for 7 years or so? Most of the talented young players he has bought through are still 18 and under. Give the man a break ffs.

So who then? Edit: the OP said 'into the first team'.

I feel that DW and the Academy is a bit like the Emperor's new clothes...

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

"Try and make out...." do you not think this is the case then? I really don't see DW being Mel's chosen one regardless of how good a friends they are or aren't. 

never said he will be permanently in charge just said he won't be removed until the end of season and we will find a replacement in the summer 

not that I agree with that 

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't know much about the Academy, except Hughes & Hendrick (who weren't ours anyway) so who has he nurtured into the 1st team?

I'm sure Hughes signed as an 11 year old? Hendrick was 14 wasn't he? The players coming through now, Rawson and Hanson are the 2 closest to the first team, you also have Lowe who would have probably seen some game time if he hadn't have been injured. You have had Kwame Thomas play for the first team in the last year, Guy, Stabana and Zanzala seem to be doing well in the youth teams. Plenty of potential with those players

Would be happy for DW to go back to the academy. He seems like an alright guy, clearly loves the club and has passion but stick to what you know. We were better off with Clement until the end of the season at least. @MACKWORTHRAM do you believe a new permanent manager to come in before the end of the season? Or will we have another internal interim boss, or perhaps even a short-term guy to come in just to shore things up?

Archived