Baird to Fulham

RamLad1884

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

How he was made captain I will never know. That was a mental decision from Clement.

<Toddy mode>

Duh.

Obviously it was a Mel Morris decision.

</Toddy mode>

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

How he was made captain I will never know. That was a mental decision from Clement.

Not to mention making Shackell vice captain and then having him as the only player who was never given the armband.

On 26/02/2016 at 11:23, RamLad1884 said:

Reading that he seems more interested in coming back and playing for us again next year under a new manager, so it sounds like it's wassalls decision to get rid (not Mel Morris as some on here seem to imply)

What makes you think that?!

52 minutes ago, Tombo said:

What makes you think that?!

“I’ve still got a year left on my contact there but I’m here until the end of the season and I’ll be working hard to try and help Fulham. We’ll just have to see what happens in the summer regarding the new manager at Derby and take it from there.''

That doesn't read like a guy who's not thinking of coming back 

1 hour ago, RamLad1884 said:

“I’ve still got a year left on my contact there but I’m here until the end of the season and I’ll be working hard to try and help Fulham. We’ll just have to see what happens in the summer regarding the new manager at Derby and take it from there.''

That doesn't read like a guy who's not thinking of coming back 

Roughly translated

"Look, I'd like to stay but I do still have a year left. We'll see if Derby are willing to let me leave in the summer".

I remember Chris Martin saying similar things about Norwich having an extension clause. Stuff along the lines of "They could choose to extend my deal there if they see me as part of their plans. But of course I'm at Derby until the end of the season so I'm focused on helping out here". But you could tell he had his eye on staying where he was truly wanted.

• 2 months later...
Just now, BottrillRAM said:

Just listened to the interview of Wassall on Radio Derby and he says that he's going to recall Baird! Pretty sensible decision to get the experience back if we need it for the play offs!  

Makes perfecly sense. Even more so if Hanson is out rest of the season.

Archived