Baird to Fulham

RamLad1884

I really don't see why people are so negative about him. He wasn't spectacular but he didn't play badly in any of his appearances and was brought in at a time when we all thought Christie's time at the club was over; remember when everybody was saying that he should start at right back for the first game of the season? I personally wish him well and I'm glad for him, as it means he can get some game time before he represents his country at the Euros. Good luck Chris!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Thought he was pretty decent at RB, but Christie was simply better. Not a big enough physical presence for CDM or a good enough passer to get away with that.

Just got sort of pushed out, which is ironic because I'd have absolutely killed for a player like him towards the end of last season.

Last point is true. They unnecessarily brought him in to fill a hole right before they were about to pave the whole road. 

The football we used to play (wingers cutting inside to allow for an overlapping fullback) means we need energetic young fullbacks who can get up & down the line all game. I think we have forgotten just how much of our good play came from Fozzy doing this. I think both Baird & Warnock can no longer do this hence they both appear a little ineffective.

10 hours ago, Purpleram said:

Finished at Derby when on one of his first games at home, reacted petulantly to the East stand when the ***** hit it backwards again with the whole pitch in front of him. Who cares if it was fair.

In another thread, @Anon quite rightly accuses some of our players for being whining mardarses who ought to grow a pair. Perhaps the whining mardarses in the East Stand ought to do likewise?

He was finished because we booed him? Bunch of girls' blouses.

I thought he did ok. The problem was Clements tactics was to keep ball and pass it sideways and backwards to retain it. Problem with that is the fans get on the players back. Hense the sign to the crowd he did in retaliation. Think the player and the fans both deserved it.

Can't recall him ever having a genuinely positive impact on a game in a Derby shirt.  "Meh" signing that would sum up the Clement era if only we'd paid £3m for him.

31 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Decent defender and stand in but clement wanted to start him! To me he slowed everything down and basically killed off attacking intent from wherever he was.

Well that was essentially what Clement's tactics were, he wanted slow, methodical play not the banzai approach we took last season.

Archived