Breakfast with Mel and no Bacon or Sausages!

Day

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

And if that manager is not delivering the message that he has been briefed to pass on? 

Mel has made his vision clear. 

Have a talk with him but not in front of the playing staff and tell him the situation and if he doesn't adhere to it then that's a different matter .   

I really don't see the problem with that do you. 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Have a talk with him but not in front of the playing staff and tell him the situation and if he doesn't adhere to it then that's a different matter .   

Wonder what Cloughie would have made of that.

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Mate.

if you owned the club, and you'd taken a guy on with no experiance of coaching as a number one before, and maybe had a few "discussions" in private already with him about the vision that you have for the club, would you not be pissed off after watching the Reading game?

Answer it through an owners eyes please as if it was your own money you'd invested. 

The whole episode should have remained in the dressing room by the way.

15 minutes ago, eddie said:

They need to feel part of the set-up though - not by necessarily throwing them in the deep end in a sink-or-swip scenario. I don't think this has recently been totally the case.

Seriously what would you want as regards the 1st team .

Would you want the best team possible from the a quad or would you want players from the academy coming in just to say we have been producing players and look how good we are. 

When they are ready they will get in like Will Hughes did .

Academy players can also go out on loan to develop and I would send Hanson out on loan now  

Managers jobs are on the line and it's the same at every single club in the land. 

Nigel Clough even said recently that he would have looked for the here and now at Derby when he was with us as it probably went against him blooding young players regarding his job. 

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Thanks for the write ups, cracking insight into how the club is being run and its vision.

I had some negative thoughts recently on the direction the club is heading, but reading through these, I have had a much needed injection of optimism.

I can only assure you that I felt the same way, and it wasn't anything said that changed my optimism, it was what I could see and actually absorbing what has already been said as truth.

I did suggest to the whole board of directors when they were there that as Derby fans, we are used to being lied to by the owners, so find it hard to believe anything that comes out of their mouths nowadays!

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

Reading another thread earlier it seems that some people believe the Mel had told the members present some secret info that was not to be passed onto the rest of the people on here, After reading every post on here, I can't see that getting a mention at all! So either some people have read it wrong (which I believe) or something has been edited. So can we have it clarified please? Did Mel give out a snippet of info that he doesn't want everybody else to know or not?

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

(cont...)

Mel explained the details of the Derby Way, and how it was more than just on-pitch performances, but a philosophy which he decided Paul Clement was not 'aligned' with. Clement had previously deviated from the plan, but realigned, then deviated again and couldn't/wouldn't realign.

Now, Mel was a bit defensive here, and this is where he was reluctant to go into detail, and perhaps where my original posts on Saturday night got misinterpreted. Mel asked us our opinions on how we saw improvements, and how things have progressed. The reluctance was to state his opinion, perhaps out of respect to the players and the previous manager. The questions were about players improving, etc. the balance of the squad improving etc. By the end of this discussion, it was clear that Mel had made the decision for the right reasons.

Here is the reference to the post that had people kicking off. The way it was worded the other night was not about MM being defensive or reluctant to express an opinion, but that he did express an opinion. An opinion that made sense to Mostyn and led to him concluding that MM was absolutely right to sack PC.

If I had to guess I would say that this included criticism of players still employed by the club, which obviously can't be shared.

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

Anyway, back on topic I picked up a packet of pre-sliced black pudding the other day, and did notice it's only 3% fat.

Were condiments available? 

Tabasco.

And black pudding is high in iron (but so is a horseshoe)

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Mate.

if you owned the club, and you'd taken a guy on with no experiance of coaching as a number one before, and maybe had a few "discussions" in private already with him about the vision that you have for the club, would you not be pissed off after watching the Reading game?

Answer it through an owners eyes please as if it was your own money you'd invested. 

The whole episode should have remained in the dressing room by the way.

Well how did it get out. 

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

I can only assure you that I felt the same way, and it wasn't anything said that changed my optimism, it was what I could see and actually absorbing what has already been said as truth.

I did suggest to the whole board of directors when they were there that as Derby fans, we are used to being lied to by the owners, so find it hard to believe anything that comes out of their mouths nowadays!

Aye he did that.

apparently there's a picture of Mostyn on the board room dart board.

1 hour ago, philmycock said:

Ooh, aye-up if you thought there were people on here jealous cuz they weren't invited you should have a read on another DCFC forum that shall remain nameless, sour lemons all round!

Is there another DCFC forum?

Archived