Breakfast with Mel and no Bacon or Sausages!

Day

5 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Read most of posts in this thread and can only say great job guys for the hard work and the balls to say how it is. On the scale of 1-10 how inspired/ positive looking towards the next 12 months and beyond are you following the vision laid out by Mel?????

I went with an open mind and have to admit I was impressed, not just by Sam but everyone that took the time to speak to us.

Just seeing the place is mind blowing, I had no idea how great the place was.

The passion and long term commitment displayed by Mel was great to see.

Another thing he said is he wants us to be a top 10 Premier League club in 5 years.

How can you not remain positive?!

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Pearson wants the job speak with him and see what:

a. He would do to mould a mish-mash of parts.

b. If he will buy in to the MM vision.

Imo if he has a similar mindset to MM then he should be appointed. He is one forthright tough cookie who was much liked by LCFC fans and players. If it wasnt for his errant son he would still be there.

He has the strength of character to turn things round.

2 minutes ago, toddy said:

Is this forum going to be renamed melsfans.uk?

No... It's where people have different opinions on footballing matters and Derby County in general.

1 minute ago, sage said:

The questions I would have asked is how did we end up with 5 left footed wide forwards? and who is supposed to ensure we have a balanced squad?

Funny you should say that, Morris said exactly the same thing! It was Clement who had the final say, therefore he's the man to ask - if you can get hold of him... 

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

I'm getting the vibe from pretty much all the accounts of the breakfast with MM that Clement seemed not particularly on board, or indeed bothered about, the Derby cause.

Is that fair? 

I believed before I went, and more so now, that he saw us as a stepping stone to bigger things. I also don't think he had the hunger or desire required to manage Derby. 

I would have expected a lot more from a man looking to make a success in his first job in management. 

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Funny you should say that, Morris said exactly the same thing! It was Clement who had the final say, therefore he's the man to ask - if you can get hold of him... 

well he could have stopped him buying the 4th and 5th ones.

13 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I have no doubts he believes he could get almost anyone - even Brendan Rodgers - but it's whether he ticks the right boxes.

I got the same impression. He even seemed shocked when I suggested that Brendan Rodgers might not want to come here!

Not sure if that was a clue about 1 of the 5 people that have enquired about the position...I very much doubt it!

11 minutes ago, sage said:

well he could have stopped him buying the 4th and 5th ones.

When asked the question, he simply said that he wanted to give Clement everything he needed for the job. He certainly didn't want to question his judgement when it came to which player he saw fit to sign. 

Archived