Breakfast with Mel and no Bacon or Sausages!

Day

1 minute ago, StaffsRam said:

It's not rocket science - people have insinuated that Mel was interfering with the team selection and favours the youth players getting a chance. Also comments have been made about Wassall only getting the job because of his relationship with Mel. 

Hanson suddenly turning up on the teamsheet would have had the conspiracy theorists going nuts.

He ain't good enough yet whats the problem 

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Mel was concerned that the players would get a bollocking, and I think he thought they all warranted a bollocking 

maybe he could have spoken to Clem away from the players? 

Sup to him I guess?

I couldn't care less he shouldn't enter the dressing room domain. 

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

I'm not being an arse, I'm like him from the X-Files, I want to believe, I really do, but he needs to take a step back and be less hands on for his vision to work.

I know where you are coming from and if you look back through my posts over the last season you will see I have been critical of the money spent on players and how it could harm the academy.

I guess I thought it was MM just throwing money at it because he wanted promotion.

Having listened to what he has to say yesterday I now know this is not the case.

Just now, curtains said:

Who cares he isn't yet good enough. 

Why not? When he's played, both under McClaren and the small amount of time he got under Clement, he did fine. He might not yet have the ability that Johnson and the others in centre mid have, but I'm certain he'd show a lot more passion and effort than they have in recent months.

9 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I can say I was the first in the queue for the buffet. (Well someone had to be and eddie didn't hear it was open)

as mentioned before, I got to the end first, having had to pass on the gluten loaded bread and ultra healthy black pudding.  I too was looking around for the bacon, I couldn't have the sausage, and a guy in blue training top asked me if he could help as I was looking for something.

"bacon!" I said quite worried.

" We don't have bacon or sausage here as we try to eat heathy.  Sunday they do sausage n bacon I think for the young Accademy lads and parents"

where do we place black pudding in the heathy food top 10?

To rub salt in my open pork free wounds they brought around flap jacks with the tea and coffee.

Also, has nobody ever had black coffee with no sugar? I'm not weird you know?

Regards the rest, I brought up the wife swapping question.

It was rubbished.

So after your visit do you feel that the decision to get rid of a manager who had led us to the top of the table, and had us sitting 5th was sacked after 7 months and replaced by someone who's CV wouldn't probably get an interview let alone a job at most conference clubs ?

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

Why not? When he's played, both under McClaren and the small amount of time he got under Clement, he did fine. He might not yet have the ability that Johnson and the others in centre mid have, but I'm certain he'd show a lot more passion and effort than they have in recent months.

See this is the problem. 

The manager needs to be allowed to do his job. 

The fans should not pick the team. 

Just now, curtains said:

See this is the problem. 

The manager needs to be allowed to do his job. 

The fans should not pick the team. 

I don't see what that has to do with me stating I believe Hanson is a decent Championship player, but ok I guess ....

Anyway, didn't you make numerous threads saying Ince must still play and similar for Martin? Isn't that a fan trying to pick the team?

Reading another thread earlier it seems that some people believe the Mel had told the members present some secret info that was not to be passed onto the rest of the people on here, After reading every post on here, I can't see that getting a mention at all! So either some people have read it wrong (which I believe) or something has been edited. So can we have it clarified please? Did Mel give out a snippet of info that he doesn't want everybody else to know or not?

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I don't see what that has to do with me stating I believe Hanson is a decent Championship player, but ok I guess ....

Anyway, didn't you make numerous threads saying Ince must still play and similar for Martin? Isn't that a fan trying to pick the team?

Load of bull 

1 minute ago, ossieram said:

Reading another thread earlier it seems that some people believe the Mel had told the members present some secret info that was not to be passed onto the rest of the people on here, After reading every post on here, I can't see that getting a mention at all! So either some people have read it wrong (which I believe) or something has been edited. So can we have it clarified please? Did Mel give out a snippet of info that he doesn't want everybody else to know or not?

I think that topic was why the original thread sort of derailed and was closed.

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

No comment

1 hour ago, RicME85 said:

Tbf what was posted made it look like a select few had some good information that others would never be privy to. 

People will obviously understand that stuff will get said at these meetups that need to stay within the confines of that meeting I think what got people so rattled was that it was posted that things got said and that it wouldnt be coming on here.

Oh, I didn't see none of the original stuff.

Mel said something about public executions. Dunno if that was in confidence or not

1 minute ago, ossieram said:

I'd guess it was similar to the summer meet, in an attempt to be frank he answered a question directly, but wouldn't wish the answer to become public knowledge at the risk of damaging DCFC. Seems fair enough

Archived