Who next?

Sparkle

16 minutes ago, RamDon said:

I'm an Australian and it is all the rage here both in AFL and in the A-league. Seems to work most of the time.

It was also done in the NFL.

But soccer/football? I can't immediately think of too many times it has been tried. Giggs at United allegedly. I doubt Clough ever entertained the thought of Mackay taking over from him.

To be fair, it really probably can't work under the Manager model. But it could be more logical with the trend towards Head Coaches.

Football just changes too often really. People need time, instant success is rare.

In football though managers are sacked for failure (5th is failure as well apparently) and it's the whole coaching team that then goes. The coaching prodigy doesn't get a look in.

Giggs is the project that people think of but I reckon he will not be a good manager. He was poor for the time he was the boss a few seasons back.

Garry Monk has ultimately failed. John Carver failed. Cannot think of any others.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HenriDCFC said:

Did he win the cup with swansea? Thought he went over to the middle east or something...

He did, but after his contract ended is now out of work.

Read an interview with him recently, where he stated he'd never manage a so called big club, as he wouldn't want to ruin his reputation in 6 months if things didn't go to plan!

Either rules us in, or out, depending on your viewpoint!

Michael Laudrup - Wikipedia

Latest job was

Lekhwiya[edit]

220px-Michael_Laudrup_2015b.jpg

Laudrup in Qatar in 2015

On 30 June 2014, Laudrup became the new manager of Qatar Stars League champions Lekhwiya after signing a one-year deal.[54] He guided the Lekhwiya to a club-record Qatar Stars League and a Crown Prince Cup double in his first season. The club also qualified for the quarter finals of the 2015 AFC Champions League during his reign. On 17 June 2015, Laudrup announced that he would not extend his contract, departing the club.

Must be loaded but may fancy a challenge

13 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Michael Laudrup - Wikipedia

Latest job was

Lekhwiya[edit]

220px-Michael_Laudrup_2015b.jpg

Laudrup in Qatar in 2015

On 30 June 2014, Laudrup became the new manager of Qatar Stars League champions Lekhwiya after signing a one-year deal.[54] He guided the Lekhwiya to a club-record Qatar Stars League and a Crown Prince Cup double in his first season. The club also qualified for the quarter finals of the 2015 AFC Champions League during his reign. On 17 June 2015, Laudrup announced that he would not extend his contract, departing the club.

Must be loaded but may fancy a challenge

He seems a perfect fit, meets the requirements, while bringing no ego, that said I'll give Wassall a chance first, could be as good as anyone else, we'll never know till we give him a go.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Football just changes too often really. People need time, instant success is rare.

In football though managers are sacked for failure (5th is failure as well apparently) and it's the whole coaching team that then goes. The coaching prodigy doesn't get a look in.

Giggs is the project that people think of but I reckon he will not be a good manager. He was poor for the time he was the boss a few seasons back.

Garry Monk has ultimately failed. John Carver failed. Cannot think of any others.

Mourinho?

52 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

He did, but after his contract ended is now out of work.

Read an interview with him recently, where he stated he'd never manage a so called big club, as he wouldn't want to ruin his reputation in 6 months if things didn't go to plan!

Either rules us in, or out, depending on your viewpoint!

Ah, Thankyou!

10 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Moyes now favourite with sky bet 

That'll be his interview on Goals on Sunday this morning, he stated he'd have done things quicker at Man Utd if he realised he had 6 months, not 6 years!

he should backtrack (MM) and appoint Moyes before  - he gets snapped up - least then we could have a guy to be able to preserve a fighting change of play-offs and then build for next season - if this season has gone

Wassall has no experience and is a kids coach

11 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Moyes was 6/1 earlier this week and is now 2/1 favourite. 

Was there yesterday aswell as three previous games.

If I see Moyes at Brentford there may be some truth as it's not the type of place to go to if you're not connected to either club. 

But if I see Eranio....

Out of the list I'd put Pearson Rodgers and Moyes in that order. 

If not Pearson then it seems Moyes is the fans pick, a lot don't like Pearson because of his "antics" last season which is fair enough, I think the antics were pre planned though and I think he'd be perfect for us, but Moyes seems to be the majority's number 1 choice and I'm happy with him if we get him, the fans need to get behind whoever gets it though.

Didn't Pearson say on EMT that there's one job in the Midlands he'd love to take on ?

I always had him down as a Red Dog but he's a Notts County man apparently as his grandfather played for them. Obviously knows how big the Derby job is so perhaps this is a job he wants.

Coming round to him now, , he'd take no rubbish from the players and they'd be no interference from above as he wouldn't have it and his record at Leicester mightily impressive. 

Archived