Clement gone.

Rev

Well, based on what I can see from the outside this is a pretty poor decision. However, it's not unlikely that there are other elements involved from the inside that would cause me to understand. 

Still, I was a big fan of PC. Of course I'm also a fan of Wassall so that's a silver lining.

If we don't improve before the end of the season (when a review would likely take place anyway) I think MM and SR will have to take a good look at this decision.

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohh dear.

So much for all the trumpeting about a dynasty with PC and the long-term plan, makes all that promise and positivity from the forums evaporate in a split-second.

We were labouring on the pitch and players - expensive ones - weren't 'at it'.....ineffectual football and fear has overtaken us of late - but this seems extreme.

Huge pressure on Wass, and on the players to get their @rses into gear and play up to their potential.

Feel sorry for PC but we will see how the DCFC juggernaut gets back into gear from Saturday onwards.

C O Y R

Hardly going to encourage other managers is it?

Take over a team in free fall. Steady the ship. Get into play off spots. Have a load of players foisted on you, destroying team spirit. 

Get sacked.

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Surprised by this.. what happened to the dynasty? Reading between the lines i think its the turgid performances that have cost him his job rather than us not being top of the League.

After reading this http://mobile.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/paul-clement-to-leave-derby-county-2946021.aspx

"The priorities were building on the Derby way and style of football enjoyed in the past two seasons; adding depth and strength to our playing squad; and, developing and improving player and team performance. "

It sounds like they weren't happy with the type of football we were playing - I still think he should have been given the whole season though.

I do not understand any of this at all. This has gone against everything Mel has been talking about. You have to think there must be more than footballing reasons to this behind it. Obviously its 7 games without a win and we haven't been great but to appoint Walsall to the end of the season says to me Mel is not interested in promotion this season so why not allow Clement to try and turn it around? 

Of course I will be fully behind Darren and hope he can get us going again and end the season as best as we can. But I really do not get it. 

9 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

I'm shocked, absolutely shocked. 

I'm not sure about Wassall until the end of the season, I think this probably could be our season over. 

Last time he took charge werent we 4 down at half time to ipswich ,unless theird more behinf the scene than we know about MM really F c!k up.Just hope some one beyond expectation ready to leap into the post.

Archived