Clement gone.

Rev

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Eh? Pearson. Number of Promotions from League 1: 1. Number of promotion from Champ: 1. (Also almost got relegated from the Champ once but survived on final day) How many managers have equal or better credentials? Loads. Is he a nutter? Yes.

Holloway. Promotion from league 1: 1. Promotion from Champ: 2. How many managers have equal or better credentials? Loads. Is he probably getting paid more on TV and really annoying? Yes.

Pearson is out of the Clough mould, will not take any Shiite from the players and possibly a strong character is what in needed in the dressing room.

Holloway is a motivator of players at the highest level. 

Both very good championship coaches, but both are opposites of the spectrum.

1 minute ago, toddy said:

Pearson is out of the Clough mould, will not take any Shiite from the players and possibly a strong character is what in needed in the dressing room.

Holloway is a motivator of players at the highest level. 

Both very good championship coaches, but both are opposites of the spectrum.

Pearson is not out of the Clough mould, he's a lunatic. Different. 

Personally, I care more about a manager with previous experience of being stable in the Prem than getting promoted from the Champ. Holloway always just got relegated immediately.

I'd rather stay Champ than Yo-yo.

13 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Pearson is not out of the Clough mould, he's a lunatic. Different. 

Personally, I care more about a manager with previous experience of being stable in the Prem than getting promoted from the Champ. Holloway always just got relegated immediately.

I'd rather stay Champ than Yo-yo.

All that concerns us, is getting promoted, once up there will be coaches falling over themselves to coach Derby in the Premiership...................alternatively think Watford, think Leicester.......

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Plus Pearson's sides are well known for nice footb.... Oh wait... No they aren't...

Keep saying this but pretty football doesn't always guarantee promotion got to be able to mix it up occasionally , did Leicester play pretty decent stuff a couple of season back again us, the season they went up with Pearson  - Yep they certainly did. 

Just now, toddy said:

Keep saying this but pretty football doesn't always guarantee promotion got to be able to mix it up occasionally , did Leicester play pretty decent stuff a couple of season back again us, the season they went up with Pearson  - Yep they certainly did. 

They were hard, ruthless and quick... Not pretty and stylish... effective...

On the basis that Mel claims to have sacked Clement for not playing nice enough football do you REALLY think he's going to appoint someone who's style has always been based on ruthless efficiency?

6 minutes ago, toddy said:

All that concerns us, is getting promoted, once up there will be coaches falling over themselves to coach Derby in the Premiership...................alternatively think Watford, think Leicester.......

All that concerns you, maybe. 

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

I'll remind you of that when we see the pictures of Boycie and you in the players bath, sipping champagne, eating strawberries, and surrounded by your groupies :-)

hmm , not sure i like the term groupies ..

14 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Plus Pearson's sides are well known for nice footb.... Oh wait... No they aren't...

Er, Leicester's football looked pretty damn good to me. I think there's some conflation of Pearson's dour persona with the actual reality of the way his teams perform on the pitch. Maybe it's not the possession based stuff that is often currently feted (which bores me to tears), but it is not exactly route one long ball either. Pearson's sides attack with speed and aggression, generally using short passing and clever movement to make progress. I'd rather watch that all day long than the the tedious keep ball stuff. 

Archived