Clement gone.

Rev

1 minute ago, Duracell said:

Well maybe not, but I guess by saying that he's trying to prove he isn't picking the team.

Plus, it's not something we don't ALL agree with. Still, not exactly a confidence booster for the players.

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why shouldn't he be interviewed and why can't he give his opinion? It's his club! We all have an opinion and I bet half of us have wanted to get into that dressing room and give them what's for after lacking the passion we've witnessed at times.

Jeez, you want the truth, you can't handle the truth!!! Cause when you get it you moan about it

Fans have been interviewed outside the ground and there is a mixed reaction, nobody will have a go at the fans for voicing their opinion and rightly so. Mel is also a fan and has given a reason for the sacking and voiced his opinion, but because he has invested millions into the club and is the current owner, people are asking why he has been interviewed!!!

The bloke can't win. All over social media and on forums, fans are asking why he has sacked Clement and have asked for a statement, he has given an interview and now people are saying he shouldn't be doing that.

Whether you agree with the sacking or not, the one thing you can't deny is that Mel wants what's best for DCFC.

Well how often do you see an owner/chairman being interviewed for the news because he has sacked a manager?

I love the double standards of people on here, it wasnt long ago people were complaining that at the beginning of his reign Mel said he would stay out the way and wouldnt be plastered all over the place but hasnt stuck by those remarks.

1 minute ago, RicME85 said:

Well how often do you see an owner/chairman being interviewed for the news because he has sacked a manager?

I love the double standards of people on here, it wasnt long ago people were complaining that at the beginning of his reign Mel said he would stay out the way and wouldnt be plastered all over the place but hasnt stuck by those remarks.

When it's quite high profile, I dare say you quite often do.

I'm relieved that Clement's gone. The football has been a chore to watch save for the odd moment of magic, the odd special goal here and there. We got away with it for a while due to some solidity in defence but once that fell down we've looked relegation material. 

I have no idea who does the recruitment, whether Clement was involved, but some of the acquisitions were unnecessary. Carson looks an upgrade on Grant, fair enough. Shackell is a quality centre half at this level and Butterfield a fantastic bit of business to strengthen a weak looking midfield once Hughes and Bryson were crocked. On paper, Weimann or Bent would have been good options as an understudy striker. Not sure we needed both, and certainly don't understand the idea behind the former and Blackman playing so far out wide. Needless. Unnecessary. Same goes for Johnson if you're not going to play him where he flourished last season for a promotion side. There are others too, Pearce and Camara for example. Squad fillers. 

But we can question the validity or sense in using such players out of position, or Clement's bizarre obsession with dropping Hendrick/Butterfield depending on the mood he was in, but if MM wanted more academy players involved and not a load of average but expensive new recruits brought in who would stunt the development of 'our own' youth, then why sign off the cheques allowing such recruits, even as recent as last month? 

The football has got harder to watch or enjoy with each passing week and I for one took nothing of comfort out of Clement's interviews. He didn't seem to know his best side, constantly changing things needlessly, even when we were winning. Not to forget subbing players off who were on song and leaving certain players out for weeks then throwing them straight back in. He'd lost the plot as he got further into the job. Out of his depth? I don't know. But out of a job now. 

I can only assume that all the above plus an obvious falling out with MM has instigated this. I can't see Wassall being in charge for the rest of the season. Fact is, we do have a terrific group of players who are capable of much better football and could still earn us promotion this season. Can't see MM not seeing that too. So why risk that with another unproven pair of hands? 

I'd look no further than Brendan Rodgers. #COYR

5 minutes ago, Half fan said:

Why isn't Sam bringing out the tea and biscuits? What exactly does he do these days?

Sam is also there, somebody in Igors has posted a picture of the interview. Would people be happier if Sam had done the interview or would they just say he is Mels mouthpiece and slag Mel off for not facing the media?

I love people's idea of what a CEO does. He faces the media when something happens, or at weekends, and might pose for photographs. The rest of the time he is just sitting at his desk staring blankly at Microsoft Outlook.

If Sam Rush doesn't do interviews anymore, than means he does absolutely nothing. Nothing at all. All week. His job involved literally one thing, and he doesn't even do that anymore.

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

she is all yours..!

Totally with you Meuspach. Really brings into question this stereotype that only attractive women get positions on the news.

Archived