Clement gone.

Rev

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jackson executes her job as a journalist effectively by quickly delivering news from our chairman and asking some of the important questions we want answering, and the only comment Derby fans have to make is on her looks.

Doing wonders for the stereotypes of football fans and forum users.

2 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Jackson executes her job as a journalist effectively by quickly delivering news from our chairman and asking some of the important questions we want answering, and the only comment Derby fans have to make is on her looks.

She is ugly though! And that screeching voice really grates, and don't get me started on her hair colour!!!

12 minutes ago, Duracell said:

:lol:

1 minute ago, Lokidoki said:

Just seen the video. If it's not about promotion,  not about winning and not about the points, which incidentally is the measure of every other club; prey tell me what it is about? Perhaps I've missed the point after watching DCFC the last 50+ odd years?

Context, they're saying the winning and the points are not the reason PC has been sacked (because they're actually quite good - we're underachieving a little but it isn't sack worthy numbers wise).

2 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

Just seen the video. If it's not about promotion,  not about winning and not about the points, which incidentally is the measure of every other club; prey tell me what it is about? Perhaps I've missed the point after watching DCFC the last 50+ odd years?

Did you really watch the video? He explains quite clearly what he wants.

4 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

Where you been? It's about playing the Derby way!!

Let me try and get this right.

If we were top or second but not playing The Derby Way (whatever the hell that is) Clement would still have gone?.

The sacking would be a lot easier to digest if (a) Morris came out and said he wanted promotion and (b) we had someone else lined up.

I don't get it. Strikes me that Morris is actually obsessed with promotion and he's panicking after gambling £25m on players who don't work for the team (exceptions Carson, Shackell and Butterfield).

43 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I'd say this is pretty clear. 

When they hired PC they discussed what they wanted from him, promotion was not a priority. He was to take a squad of players that was almost successful, add some strength, improve performances. 30 games into the season (40 or so games since PC took charge, including pre-season) - there seems to be no understanding of a strongest XI, performances have not improved over the course of the season etc. as would be expected anywhere else and that is seen as unacceptable by MM.

"in many ways we've actually taken a step backwards" 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I'd say this is pretty clear. 

When they hired PC they discussed what they wanted from him, promotion was not a priority. He was to take a squad of players that was almost successful, add some strength, improve performances. 30 games into the season (40 or so games since PC took charge, including pre-season) - there seems to be no understanding of a strongest XI, performances have not improved over the course of the season etc. as would be expected anywhere else and that is seen as unacceptable by MM.

And by all the fans that were booing last week I hasten to add.

Also, in that video, he says Wassall while in charge is being measured against the same criteria as Clement. He still expects improving performances etc. 

BUT some time will obviously need to be given for stabilization. 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Context, they're saying the winning and the points are not the reason PC has been sacked (because they're actually quite good - we're underachieving a little but it isn't sack worthy numbers wise).

It's in MM's own context you mean. The genuine truth is still in the backroom/changing room or wherever these decisions take place.

(MM:) If there is a football style issue then state it. If there is a personnel issue then state it but don't spend waste time giving BS about unmeasurable measurements.

I'm of the belief that an awful lot of pressure was being put on PC and what we witnessed was the decline in performance due to senior management interference. Just who brought in the additional players in January; the tooth fairy?

A more pragmatic approach would've been to bring in a more experienced manager to "help" PC short term.

I just hope the next manager will be able to stand his ground, otherwise I see groundhog day.

Archived