Composure

rammieib

So you're running down on goal with the ball at your feet,mother goaly comes charging out and slides along the floor. What do you do?

Well if you're Johnny Russell, kick it straight at him!

At what point do you expect your players to be able to get better with coaching from the staff. Since when will shouting directly at a goal keeper see the ball go in the net?

When we start looking at players and how to improve, Clemet must see now that Russell is on his hit list. I love the guy, his personality, his energy, his desire but at the end of the day, if you're not good enough, you're not good enough.

Moments like his 1-on-1 are season defining. That's when you need a clinical player. You don't see Ronaldo or Messi shooting straight at the goal keeper in a 1-on-1.

Frustration over!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, rammieib said:

So you're running down on goal with the ball at your feet,mother goaly comes charging out and slides along the floor. What do you do?

At what point do you expect your players to be able to get better with coaching from the staff. Since when will shouting directly at a goal keeper see the ball go in the net?

When we start looking at players and how to improve, Clemet must see now that Russell is on his hit list. I love the guy, his personality, his energy, his desire but at the end of the day, if you're not good enough, you're not good enough.

Moments like his 1-on-1 are season defining. That's when you need a clinical player. You don't see Ronaldo or Messi shooting straight at the goal keeper in a 1-on-1.

Frustration over!

Isn't that why we've got Kevin Phillips in? On a related point I was actually happy Russell got chopped down in the playoff final as I knew he would inevitably had missed if he'd been one on one with QPRs keeper, his finishing doesn't seem to have improved since then

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Frustration over!

He's still better than Camara, Blackman and Weimann.

10 minutes ago, sage said:

He's still better than Camara, Blackman and Weimann.

You can't really form any reasoned judgment on Camara based on 3 to 4 cameos, and Blackman being played out on the left.  Let's not be so dismissive of new players until they have been given the proper opportunity to settle. Oh, and until all of the team start talking to them :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

There must be a player in there somewhere, he was averaging a goal a game for a long spell last season wasn't he?  It seems a long way off now though.

A goal a game? No offence but that must be for a 2 game run or something. 1 on 1, he is one of the worst finishers we have. He's a 100% effort, true pro but unfortunately a sub standard Tommy Johnson. 

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

You can't really form any reasoned judgment on Camara based on 3 to 4 cameos, and Blackman being played out on the left.  Let's not be so dismissive of new players until they have been given the proper opportunity to settle. Oh, and until all of the team start talking to them :ph34r:

He's not dissing any new signings. He's just saying he's not seen ote better yet.

18 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Johnny Russell  just ain't good enough - his lack of control lets him down constantly. 'Energy' just ain't enough.

Really.

yawn.

10 hours ago, i-Ram said:

At the moment he is better than Camara. I didn't slag Camara off. Merely pointed out that Russell is better. Wind yer neck in. 

Archived