Composure

rammieib

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I bet Blackman and Weimann will say they prefer upfront and Ince centrally behind.

Blackman and Weimann have played mainly on the right of 3 in their careers. 

The people listed would all prefer to play on the right rather than the left. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, rammieib said:

But just how long are you prepared to wait? He's had 4 years, three managers, and his touch hasn't really improved since day one.

Its difficult when you have favourite players (JR used to be one of them) but you have to look at the team and actually realistically say how many players could and should we be doing better than.

JR had a golden opportunity yesterday to win that game - the goaly even made it easier for the striker IMO to score. All he had to do was look up, have some composure and dink it over the keeper. Instead what did we get - a toe poke after losing an element of control which went straight into the keeper.

If that's good enough in anyone eyes - we won't be good enough as a team to ever go up.

Maybe I've got rose tinted Johnny Russell eyes for all his time here (3rd full year), he seems to have been in and out with injuries but that could happen to anyone.

For all the comments about Russell, I'd go with the comment Wolfie makes, there are bigger issues with our team, squad, system. F.w.i.w I'm not so blinded, before yesterday I'd have liked to have seen Camara start only because I've no idea what he offers. Every cameo he's come on the ball has been mostly passed behind him, bet he'd love to get the odd one played in front to show his much talked about pace.

2 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Maybe I've got rose tinted Johnny Russell eyes for all his time here (3rd full year), he seems to have been in and out with injuries but that could happen to anyone.

For all the comments about Russell, I'd go with the comment Wolfie makes, there are bigger issues with our team, squad, system. F.w.i.w I'm not so blinded, before yesterday I'd have liked to have seen Camara start only because I've no idea what he offers. Every cameo he's come on the ball has been mostly passed behind him, bet he'd love to get the odd one played in front to show his much talked about pace.

Suddenly bringing Camara in we can't change or adapt our system. I agree I want the ball in behind but when did we last play a ball in behind. Just isn't our style.

Russell is 1 in 5 for us. That's not good enough for anyone in the front three.

59 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Suddenly bringing Camara in we can't change or adapt our system. I agree I want the ball in behind but when did we last play a ball in behind. Just isn't our style.

Russell is 1 in 5 for us. That's not good enough for anyone in the front three.

True his scoring stats should be better, think that's what I'm looking for in terms of improvement and composure, ball control, call it what you want, would seem to be necessary for J.R

As an aside on Camara, if that's the case, then I would say why bother buying him then? Yet another square peg for a round hole. Maybe I'm being a bit thick here, but the idea of scouting is to look at players that suit our style. Alternatively look for something different which can improve us and why can't we play balls behind, Thorne often looks to thread a ball through, why not to Camara? If you're not going to play to his strengths, sorry it's just a wasted signing.

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 00:19, Tim Bucktoo said:

A goal a game? No offence but that must be for a 2 game run or something. 1 on 1, he is one of the worst finishers we have. He's a 100% effort, true pro but unfortunately a sub standard Tommy Johnson. 

No offence but he got 6 goals in 7 games starting on 4 November.

I'm not a fan, especially when he is in his current form, but only a fool would claim he isn't good when on top form.

11 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

No offence but he got 6 goals in 7 games starting on 4 November.

I'm not a fan, especially when he is in his current form, but only a fool would claim he isn't good when on top form.

No offence but as far as I remember he has scored 1 since November, a good header against Bristol City.  Average player with a big heart.

Archived