Would you have Steve McClaren back?

robglosta

Would you have Steve McClaren back?   

164 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No.

while the football was beautiful until this time last year there's just summat about Steve that I don't like.

He's smarmy. bit like how you imagine Eddie Howe's dad would be.

He reminds me of Tony Blair or David Cameron......stares earnestly at the camera while lying through his teeth.

1 hour ago, curtains said:

Brought in Ince ,Bent, Ibe , Lingard ,Thorne,Christie, Warnock,Albentosa, Calero, Koblenz,Banjuka ,Wisdom , Bamford , Butland  and that CB that's at Burnley now  

etc etc  

He was unfortunate to lose at Wembley but i don't want him back thanks. 

Who on earth is BANJUKA?

He sounds exciting

7 hours ago, curtains said:

I prefer it now thanks. 

Now I'm not in th Clement out brigade and think he'll do just fine over time. But how anyone can prefer the football now over the McClaren days is beyond me. Fast attacking edge of your seat football Vs slow paced, non creative possession football. I know what I'd prefer everyday of the week, you don't win games with 65% possession and 0 shots on goal. 

I'd have McClaren back if it stopped Nigel Pearson getting the job but that's about it, Utch pretty much summed McClaren up for me.

Unlike Eddie who will back any appointment to the hilt, I'd be mortified if Pearson was appointed in any capacity at our club and would be against him before the ink was dry on his contract.

7 hours ago, CumbrianRam said:

4-4 draw over a 0-0 any day of the year, clean sheets are overrated.

Yep, at least if you're a free creative team and you do get caught out that you can score. 

At 3-1 down in the last 10 minutes we actually used to believe that we'd come back. 

With the keep it tight mentality you aren't as open to getting caught but it only takes a free kick, a deflection, a handball... Like Burnley away or Charlton etc

Having maclaren the manager /coach is no guarantee that you get the flowing football which is what we all really miss.

He produced some dreadful stuff at forest as well as signing some dross.

Think he had a congruence of perfect conditions with us - players like Martin playing out of their skin to resurrect careers and young guns like will eager to impress and untainted by any thought of failure. 

Life has moved on for all participants. Never go back thinking you can recreate history. I can appreciate it though - some of the memories are fantastic. 

7 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I'd have McClaren back if it stopped Nigel Pearson getting the job but that's about it, Utch pretty much summed McClaren up for me.

Unlike Eddie who will back any appointment to the hilt, I'd be mortified if Pearson was appointed in any capacity at our club and would be against him before the ink was dry on his contract.

Agreed. I'd be devastated if that shower of ostrich would be our manager.

Nope ... He was fantastic at first but pretty much everyone wanted him out in the end. No plan B.

i also thought he should have shown us more loyalty and ruled himself out of the neecastle job no loyalty especially when we gave him a chance in the english game & at a time he was considered rubbish by most people in football 

the one thing that really annoyed me was him sitting in the stands for the first half of a game and being on that daft telephone always thought he should have been in the dig out screaming 

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Now I'm not in th Clement out brigade and think he'll do just fine over time. But how anyone can prefer the football now over the McClaren days is beyond me. Fast attacking edge of your seat football Vs slow paced, non creative possession football. I know what I'd prefer everyday of the week, you don't win games with 65% possession and 0 shots on goal. 

You certainly don't as Brentford found out last night.

Without reading all the previous posts, i have been thinking about McClaren and where it all went wrong.

When Mel completed his takeover he revealed then how he started investing the day after the playoff final. It was during that season that he decided to complete a takeover. There were rumours flying around that Steve and Mel didn't see eye to eye.

With rumours now of Mel meddling in business he ought not to, I do wonder if the catalyst for Steve to seek alternative employment was when Mel joined the club.

It was just a thought.

8 hours ago, curtains said:

Of course I enjoyed the football under McClaren .

At Wembley I felt like crying after the game .

He did well for Derby but it all imploded towards the end of last season 

We move on and now it's the Clement era .

This is Football. 

I can't believe you didn't cry after Wembley.

I miss the tempo that McClaren gave the side, and also the togetherness he fostered (until being tempted by the Sports Direct  Dollar).  However, I think he is, and always will be, tactically naive, and as Uttox says he is far too smarmy.  If he had been in charge for the Man U cup game LVG's clipboard would have been covered in drool. And whilst I am at it, anyone who holds on to a 'tuft' for so long has to be very very suspect.

Archived