Would you have Steve McClaren back?

robglosta

Would you have Steve McClaren back?   

164 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I can't believe you didn't cry after Wembley.

I miss the tempo that McClaren gave the side, and also the togetherness he fostered (until being tempted by the Sports Direct  Dollar).  However, I think he is, and always will be, tactically naive, and as Uttox says he is far too smarmy.  If he had been in charge for the Man U cup game LVG's clipboard would have been covered in drool. And whilst I am at it, anyone who holds on to a 'tuft' for so long has to be very very suspect.

Worst Wembley experience was losing to Leicester when Roy Mac was manager .

Back up Wembley way and abused by Leicester fans  

John Harkes missed a sitter  

QPR nearly as bad with Zamora  and taunted by QPR fans  

Semi Final of the FA Cup at Hillsborough was bad with Gordon Hill  

Cremonesi  was a pretty bad loss though at Wembley in the Anglo Italian Cup  

One thing Billy Davies did was give us a win against WBA which is a day I will never forget but  then said I wish it was Preston allegedly .

Shame we then got 11 point in the Premier League the next season .

The joys of being a Derby fan .

But wouldnt have it any other way 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Brighton Ram said:

If the story in the Telegraph at the time is halfway true then the Toon rumours were neither here nor there - Mel was always going to get rid. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/11626305/Why-Candy-Crush-is-to-blame-for-Steve-McClarens-sacking-by-Derby.html

Obviously it means nothing me saying this as I didn't say it at the time but someone at work told be in January 2015 that it was already agreed that Clement would join us at the end of the season whether we went up or not. 

The guy is friends with some of the coaches at Derby and heard from them. 

no, I wouldn't have Mac back. Yes, we played better football but I think the future of our football club is bright even without him and just look how he is doing at Newcastle with a much better team than ours!

Right now? I've voted no.

It would be ludicrous to sack Clement right now.

An unknown date in the future 2017 onwards and if Clement for what ever reason wasn't here and Mel wanted McClaren and McClaren wanted in then absolutely yes.

Huge huge fan of McClaren despite the last 6 months he was here missing key players, defenders falling on their arses, keepers having howlers.....but I guess the Newcastle speculation was the reason behind those embarrassing mistakes.

The best football we have seen on the iPro pitch since Jim Smith without a doubt and without having £25m worth of players available to him.

Stick my head on the line here and say with this squad now available to McClaren whilst he as here, we would be in the Premier League, with or without the Newcastle speculation.

Clement still a rookie and we've got to give him time and hope that one day he will be willing to risk losing possession now and again, you never know, could be even more entertaining than McClaren's football.

3 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Right now? I've voted no.

It would be ludicrous to sack Clement right now.

An unknown date in the future 2017 onwards and if Clement for what ever reason wasn't here and Mel wanted McClaren and McClaren wanted in then absolutely yes.

Huge huge fan of McClaren despite the last 6 months he was here missing key players, defenders falling on their arses, keepers having howlers.....but I guess the Newcastle speculation was the reason behind those embarrassing mistakes.

The best football we have seen on the iPro pitch since Jim Smith without a doubt and without having £25m worth of players available to him.

Stick my head on the line here and say with this squad now available to McClaren whilst he as here, we would be in the Premier League, with or without the Newcastle speculation.

Clement still a rookie and we've got to give him time and hope that one day he will be willing to risk losing possession now and again, you never know, could be even more entertaining than McClaren's football.

Wasn't missing Will Hughes arguably our best player though  was he  like Clement is now. 

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Wasn't missing Will Hughes arguably our best player though  was he  like Clement is now. 

Yes I've heard you mention young William many times in this thread already, I'm surprised you haven't posted a big willy smith YouTube video yet so we can understand where you're coming from even better.

Just off to check my post but I'm pretty sure I didn't say we were missing every single key player in my post, just key players which Thorne, Eustace and Martin were, can even throw Mascarell in as it totally f'd us up in dm.

I also seem to recall you changing your mind more often than I changed my underwear in those last 6 months McClaren was here.

1 minute ago, Daveo said:

Yes I've heard you mention young William many times in this thread already, I'm surprised you haven't posted a big willy smith YouTube video yet so we can understand where you're coming from even better.

Just off to check my post but I'm pretty sure I didn't say we were missing every single key player in my post, just key players which Thorne, Eustace and Martin were, can even throw Mascarell in as it totally f'd us up in dm

Don't forget losing all left sided CBs (Whitbread and Buxton) and being forced to play Shotton and Albentosa. 

3 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Just off to check my post but I'm pretty sure I didn't say we were missing every single key player in my post, just key players which Thorne, Eustace and Martin were, can even throw Mascarell in as it totally f'd us up in dm

Mascarell now that's a player most Derby fans liked .

No hang on that was just me and a few others 

Eustace now he's another player who everybody loved and Cloughie signed on the second year attempt as he turned us down the first time to stay a Watford. 

Oh dear oh dear. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Mascarell now that's a player most Derby fans liked .

No hang on that was just me and a few others 

Eustace now he's another player who everybody loved and Cloughie signed on the second year attempt as he turned us down the first time to stay a Watford. 

Oh dear oh dear. 

I'm sure there's a point in there somewhere

9 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Just off to check my post but I'm pretty sure I didn't say we were missing every single key player in my post, just key players which Thorne, Eustace and Martin were, can even throw Mascarell in as it totally f'd us up in dm.

I also seem to recall you changing your mind more often than I changed my underwear in those last 6 months McClaren was here.

How many times is that? Twice...?

6 minutes ago, Daveo said:

You know I changed my mind on him because of the Newcastle stuff  

You know I backed him at first. 

Never liked the way McClaren dropped Beckham either .

You should try to back Mel Morris he decided it was time for a change. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

You know I changed my mind on him because of the Newcastle stuff  

You know I backed him at first. 

You should try to back Mel Morris. 

McClaren to Newcastle talk started in January, you posted that on April 5th with 6 games left of the season.

Can you point me to a post that makes you think I'm not backing Mel Morris?

4 minutes ago, Daveo said:

McClaren to Newcastle talk started in January, you posted that on April 5th with 6 games left of the season.

Can you point me to a post that makes you think I'm not backing Mel Morris?

I always want Derby to win so I try to be supportive to the current manager at the time but it's different now he's at Newcastle 

No to the 2nd part  

So are you 100 percent behind Mel Morris  

1 minute ago, Daveo said:

Thank you.

I'll leave you with this one which was started after the last game of the season against Reading.

You can leave me with that no problem. 

I always back Derby County as they are my team and what would be the point of destroying the manager for the following season if he was staying. 

But McClaren went to Newcastle so I perceive him differently now. 

Im now behind Clement whilst he's our Manager and for that matter Mel Morris. 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

You can leave me with that no problem. 

I always back Derby County as they are my team and what would be the point of destroying the manager for the following season if he was staying. 

But McClaren went to Newcastle so I perceive him differently now. 

Im now behind Clement whilst he's our Manager and for that matter Mel Morris. 

You can still back Clement and Morris, but think McClaren did a good job. 

Archived