Would you have Steve McClaren back?

robglosta

Would you have Steve McClaren back?   

164 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No 

Reason being I didn't like the way he conducted himself when being linked with the job, it contributed to the collapse as well, although injuries played a part as well. 

I enjoyed the ride with him though, the football was awesome and apart from the last 12 games last season he was great, but the Newcastle job turned his head and he betrayed us. 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, ramesses said:

When it mattered at the end of last season it was two wins in thirteen, or about 15%.

.............and without those thirteen games a win ratio of 60% in 70 league matches, way ahead of anybody in the clubs history!

Interestingly, Nigel Clough had nine league games prior to the defeat by Forest which led to his sacking in the 2013/14 season, his record was W3 D2 L4.  If we lose at Fulham today Clements record over the last nine league games will be, yep you guessed it.....................W3 D2 L4.

Just goes to show you can do anything with statistics..................mind you, if in the next couple of weeks you see a thread entitled "Would you have Nigel Clough back" then you know things really have gone pear shaped! 

30 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

.............and without those thirteen games a win ratio of 60% in 70 league matches, way ahead of anybody in the clubs history!

Interestingly, Nigel Clough had nine league games prior to the defeat by Forest which led to his sacking in the 2013/14 season, his record was W3 D2 L4.  If we lose at Fulham today Clements record over the last nine league games will be, yep you guessed it.....................W3 D2 L4.

Just goes to show you can do anything with statistics..................mind you, if in the next couple of weeks you see a thread entitled "Would you have Nigel Clough back" then you know things really have gone pear shaped! 

Interestingly, Tufty’s record against the same teams that season was almost identical to Nigel’s.

Not a chance. I like the ex-girlfriend analogy in the original post. You forget how bad things were when you look back on a break-up. The football was great short term, but his secrecy and lack of transparent communication meant that the eventual split was only a matter of time. Longer term it wasn't meant to be.

Naturally you'll only remember the good things, they're the only bits you were ever interested in. I guarantee if we had him back you'd all go "oh....****...yeah, I remember now. He bought Ryan Shotton didn't he? And didn't bring Bamford on in the playoff final until it was far too late...? Not to mention he couldn't answer a straight question. And his utterly insane decision to drag a tired and miserable Derby squad, featuring an injury-prone Thorne, to an Austrian mudbath to face a team of tough tackling angry Russians."

It would all come flooding back.

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

Not a chance. I like the ex-girlfriend analogy in the original post. You forget how bad things were when you look back on a break-up. The football was great short term, but his secrecy and lack of transparent communication meant that the eventual split was only a matter of time. Longer term it wasn't meant to be.

Naturally you'll only remember the good things, they're the only bits you were ever interested in. I guarantee if we had him back you'd all go "oh....****...yeah, I remember now. He bought Ryan Shotton didn't he? And didn't bring Bamford on in the playoff final until it was far too late...? Not to mention he couldn't answer a straight question. And his utterly insane decision to drag a tired and miserable Derby squad, featuring an injury-prone Thorne, to an Austrian mudbath to face a team of tough tackling angry Russians."

It would all come flooding back.

You're still angry she dumped you aren't you?

Its ok, takes times but you'll be fine soon 

Just now, Daveo said:

You're still angry she dumped you aren't you?

Its ok, takes times but you'll be fine soon 

Maybe I delved deep into the analogy, but I'm talking about McClaren.

I'm not angry or even upset with the guy. I just hope he suffers at Newcastle for being a dirty dirty distrustful manwhore.

10 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Would I have McClaren back? After that last game against Reading...not in a million years. Taking into account the importance of the game, I was ashamed to be a Derby County fan. I never want to feel like that again.

Really?

I'm only ashamed to be a Derby fan when other Derby fans let the side down, like running on to the pitch to try to chin a Florist, vandalise a rival chairman's car, make homophobic chants at Brighton etc - and then only slightly and for a few minutes, because most Derby fans aren't like that.

To be ashamed of supporting Derby because the team or the manager isn't very good or under-performed on the day - I think you need to examine your priorities in life a little.

Anyway, my priorities at the moment are a Wetherspoons burrito and another can of Bengali.

Definitely not - trust was lost and can never be regained

But watching him being interviewed on sky after their game yesterday, his self belief is astonishing . There is one guy who will always, always bounce back.

And I suppose you have to admire him for that. I think.

Mitrovic 14 millions

Thauvin 14 millions

Shelvey 12 millions

Townsend 12 millions

Mbemba 9 millions

I don't think Mel has enough money to get him back. Our business has been more or less disappointing but FFS, they've put some big money to utter dross.

39 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Mitrovic 14 millions

Thauvin 14 millions

Shelvey 12 millions

Townsend 12 millions

Mbemba 9 millions

I don't think Mel has enough money to get him back. Our business has been more or less disappointing but FFS, they've put some big money to utter dross.

Only Thauvin is a bad signing, the rest have done alright for them.

Archived