Butterfield

Wolfie20

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no problem with Butterfield he's a very good player but I'd take Bradley Johnson every day of the week. Johnson may be off form a bit but he's a damn beast and is totally different from other players in that he scores he heads he tackles, he's a real force in our team. When twinkletoes Hughes comes back, it's hard to see Butterfield keeping his position but stranger things have happened.

its trendy on here to bash Johnson right now but I'm a believer and he will come good. 

Butterfield reminds me a lot of Paul Scholes on and off the pitch, how he plays, how he conducts himself, shy guy that does his talking by playing his football, the quality of goals, the simple and effective goal celebration, how he darts about, not the greatest in the tackle, but players around him on their day in the likes of Bradley Johnston as Ninos has said will come good and help players like Butterfield around them.

And it's up to our supporters not to jump on the bandwagon of whoever is player of the month for a slagging off, as some have nearly now stopped sticking the knife in the back of Super Chris Martin and moved their pointless venom on to the Brilliant Bradley Johnston. If only some of you had a bit of belief, a bit of patience and a bit of trust in your fellow man, and your beloved Derby County Football Club.

4 hours ago, McLovin said:

What I don't understand is that a lot of people think a midfield of thorne,hughes and butterfield will be too lightweight. The midfield of thorne,hughes and bryson of a few years ago wasn't lightweight

For me, I'm not concerned with it being lightweight, I just feel for balance it would be better to have a pure runner in there. 

As I've said earlier, Butterfield ability can be said in one word. Classy.

Interested to see how he would play together with Hughes. I'm afraid it wouldn't work out, they could be on each others way. It happens, good midfielders might play in same "tracks". For example Lampard and Gerrard didn't do well together.

4 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Butterfield reminds me a lot of Paul Scholes on and off the pitch, how he plays, how he conducts himself, shy guy that does his talking by playing his football, the quality of goals, the simple and effective goal celebration, how he darts about, not the greatest in the tackle, but players around him on their day in the likes of Bradley Johnston as Ninos has said will come good and help players like Butterfield around them.

And it's up to our supporters not to jump on the bandwagon of whoever is player of the month for a slagging off, as some have nearly now stopped sticking the knife in the back of Super Chris Martin and moved their pointless venom on to the Brilliant Bradley Johnston. If only some of you had a bit of belief, a bit of patience and a bit of trust in your fellow man, and your beloved Derby County Football Club.

Have you listened to his interview on Rams player,  @Inverurie Ram ? He quoted Scholes as his hero in his time at Man Utd as a youngster so I'm sure he would be pleased that you can see the resemblance.

15 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

As I've said earlier, Butterfield ability can be said in one word. Classy.

Interested to see how he would play together with Hughes. I'm afraid it wouldn't work out, they could be on each others way. It happens, good midfielders might play in same "tracks". For example Lampard and Gerrard didn't do well together.

Don't agree because Butterfield and Will Hughes are different sort of players to Lampard and Gerrard. Lampard was an attacking midfielder with a great eye for a goal and Gerrard was a powerhouse, also with goal scoring abilities.

Hughes and Butterfield are 'thinking' midfielders - they intuitively know what's going on around them and are clever enough to firstly find space where most others aren't capable of doing, then making the defence-splitting pass. No way will they be taking up each others' space on the pitch - they're intelligent enough players to avoid that. What they would need alongside them is a powerful midfielder to provide a bit more solidity - an in-form Johnson could fill this role.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

Don't agree because Butterfield and Will Hughes are different sort of players to Lampard and Gerrard. Lampard was an attacking midfielder with a great eye for a goal and Gerrard was a powerhouse, also with goad scoring abilities.

Hughes and Butterfield are 'thinking' midfielders - they intuitively know what's going on around them and are clever enough to firstly find space where most others aren't capable of doing, then making the defence-splitting pass. No way will they be taking up each others' space on the pitch - they're intelligent enough players to avoid that. What they would need alongside them is a powerful midfielder to provide a bit more solidity - an in-form Johnson could fill this role.

Reason why I think they might struggle together is movement off the ball. They both try to be available as often as possible and it could be problem.

Hope not, but it is possibliity. And of course, if they have clear role it could be avoided. But some players, usually flair ones, moves out of "passing-shadow" (I have no idea is there word for it in English!) instinctly, like you said...It could be problem. We'll see.

If it they can work it out, Thorne-Hughes-Butters trio....:wub:

On 31 January 2016 at 17:34, angieram said:

Have you listened to his interview on Rams player,  @Inverurie Ram ? He quoted Scholes as his hero in his time at Man Utd as a youngster so I'm sure he would be pleased that you can see the resemblance.

No I don't have Rams player, angieram. Unfortunately not enough time in my life for that, my little boy has just whacked a plastic Peppa Pig figure off my head as I type this and The Clangers are making a right old noise out of the telly.

Got to say I had never heard of him or seen him play when we signed him and as he had  been brought in to replace the best player at the club i had my doubts.....especially with that hair cut and beard.... but he is turning out to be the signing of the season for us....and seems like a real down to earth lad in his interviews too....looking forward to seeing him playing from and learning from the master when he is back from injury

I was impressed by Butterfield at Barnsley a few times. Looked like a Hughes-lite then.

Pleased he made an impact after an indifferent start - but it was always going to take time for a player like that to adjust and adapt to a new team, especially when he's moved from a setup that was built around him at Huddersfield.

I do hope we get to see a midfield 3 of Butterfield, Hughes and Thorne. Then again, it could turn out to be utter cack.

Just now, cannable said:

Best compliment I can pay Butterfield is that he made me forget how good Hughes was. 

I'd say that's more a sign of a terrible memory you clearly possess :p (but I do rate Butters) 

Archived