Clement needs to prove his mettle now

TheHomunculusLives

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

So we'll still win the league with over 100 points ?

Why? Would still if we got rid of PC and got Pearson in? Also remind me how he did in his other seasons at Leicester before and how he got on at Hull. Shame Brian McDermott has gone back to Reading, he did well. 

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

Yes I can appreciate that but can PC take us up ? I like the guy, talks a good game, but will Mel stick with him.

I can't answer that me 'owd, I like to think PC will sort it out but today's selection and subsequent substitutions make me wonder a few things tonight. (One of the things that crossed my mind for a millisecond was did we miss a trick not going in for Warburton but I do that kind of thing as a knee jerk reaction to a defeat I never saw coming)

1 hour ago, DerbyRam! said:

CRAIG BRYSON

so i'm sure everything that needs to be said about todays game, has already been said, we had absolutely no movement off the ball when in possession(exactly like reading) and we had nothing about us. one person in particular who was poor, was johnson imo.

anyway, craig bryson! is he the person we are missing? do we need to get him tutoring our attacking midfielders on how to support martin?

in particular what im referring to is his ability to run beyond martin and he is that extra man which links our team together. I think we miss him more than we realise...

You can't say that m8 ! Ur knowledge is far too much for this forum , Bryson being back helps us as Martin becomes a better player and his runs free up more space for other players , it's no rocket science but nop 6 million man Johnson must play 

i think pc has to take some of the blame for errors in the last few games but today shows panic to make three substitutions with 25 minutes to go one bad injury and you are down to ten men also he subbed the two busiest players in ince and thorn also i dont know how much influence he has on buying players but why buy another forward who has one good half season   when he has a proven goal scorer in bent ex england man 200 league goals most scored at top level and on big wages who didnt even make the bench today 

31 minutes ago, barnsley ram said:

i think pc has to take some of the blame for errors in the last few games but today shows panic to make three substitutions with 25 minutes to go one bad injury and you are down to ten men also he subbed the two busiest players in ince and thorn also i dont know how much influence he has on buying players but why buy another forward who has one good half season   when he has a proven goal scorer in bent ex england man 200 league goals most scored at top level and on big wages who didnt even make the bench today 

I'd have made three subs at half time. It was so obviously, yet another, lethargic half-arsed display. 

Formations and personnel you can debate until the cows come home and to a level it's completely irrelevant. Mainly because the last two games we haven't looked interested. Slow in possession, even slower when not in possession. Scared of making tackles, lack of effort, endeavour and desire. That is the route cause. 

Losing is acceptable when you can see on the pitch the team did everything they could. We aren't seeing close to that at the moment. That's the concerning thing. 

Ok Mel break the bank and temp Jose back into work , your mission is to get Derby up and take us top 4 , forget Chelsea ,come to Derby and make us great again,,,, ok ok I hear the alarm clock , time to get , fu:) me is that jr in the shower?

on a serious note it appears Mel will spend the bucks to restore Derby so my advice is push the boat out and get the biggest most proven manager we can get, pc nice as he seems is a punt plain and simple but the manager is the most vital part , we can buy all the players under the sun but unless we have the right man in charge in charge we will always stutter and be turned over by the likes of brum who play as a team ,,, no point buying a formula 1 car and getting clarkson to drive it , the stig is always going to do him in a Capri gia ,

harsh on PC? Maybe but let's be honest here Mel wants Derby back competing at the top ,, only harsh and ruthless is going to get us there, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz breaking news Jose mohrinio has taken a half season contract at Derby with a massive bonus for promotion ,,, **** off alarm clock I'm not getting up

6 hours ago, Srg said:

I'd have made three subs at half time. It was so obviously, yet another, lethargic half-arsed display. 

Formations and personnel you can debate until the cows come home and to a level it's completely irrelevant. Mainly because the last two games we haven't looked interested. Slow in possession, even slower when not in possession. Scared of making tackles, lack of effort, endeavour and desire. That is the route cause. 

Losing is acceptable when you can see on the pitch the team did everything they could. We aren't seeing close to that at the moment. That's the concerning thing. 

This in spades. 

We've been berating Clement in recent weeks for not making changes quickly enough or too many like for like swaps so we can't really mean when he does.

I have no answers to our inexplicable loss of form and desire. 

But one small point. Given the analysis re Bryson and Martin which seems logical, why on earth isn't that being picked up by our phalanx of analysts and a suitable replacement sought? 

16 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Can't believe that thought actually crossed your mind , the blokes an absolute head case !

He reminds me of the school halfwit that feels the need to constantly remind everyone he's the school hard man, personally I've always thought someone with that kind of issue is hiding something he'd rather everyone didn't find out about.

The only problem I can imagine with bringing so many players in - especially with fairly hefty price tags - is the squad harmony being disrupted, its inevitable. How would you feel being someone like Johnny Russell, who helped the team to the playoff final and was part of the team last season during the success we had fighting for promotion. I mean its pure conjecture to suggest he feels irked at all by this, but along with some other players its not impossible to imagine all these new players coming in have disrupted the togetherness of the core of the squad from the last couple of years. And before anyone spouts that we failed twice in promotion; I'd argue that first time we were severely unlucky, second time was not the fault of the players. I agree it's important not only to have depth and quality throughout the squad, but maybe the volume of new signings could be considered slight overkill?

• 4 months later...
12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I feel for those on here who have said they won't watch Derby whilst Pearson is in charge, whatever will those half fans do of a Saturday afternoon? 

Boo at the radio of course

Archived