Clement needs to prove his mettle now

TheHomunculusLives

When Pearson was appointed, I rather foolishly put my 2+2 together and got 5.

Pearson was the best candidate in terms of his recent track record of getting results.

I wasnt sure personally that he was a good fit for derby.

So when he ended up being the most popular choice in numerous fan polls, and then Mel appointing him.

I was immediately drawn to remebering Mel talking about DCFC being more of an entity than a business.

And him talking about the privaledge of being in charge but ultimately its a club owned by the fans and the fans having a significant voice in how we should be run.

I was certain Mel was bowing to popular opinion over any personal choice that Wassall might deserve a season to proove his worth.

So really glad to hear that at interview they were just on its each others wavelength on how to develop a club and that he was the best candidate in terms of their vision.

Im starting to warm to him now. I still find the way he expresses himself in interviews and press conferences to be a tad annoying, arrogant and down right careful with what he says. But from first couple of interviews and the press conference alone I could well be wrong about him. Once he starts as with every manager I will behind him. Just hope he is given significant time because stability in the manager position is what we need now. Promotion at all costs in one season is not important to me. Not sure how patient the majority will be, but simply by being a popular choice should give him time. Wassall wasnt a popular choice at any point in his short spell, and he needed to be a miracle worker to change anyones opinion of him.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure I agree joe ,, there's a pretty good cross section on here from what I can see and if you read through it all and take a balanced view of opinions and posts taking some with pinch of salt it's not a bad place to pick up a vibe of fans feelings on the club ,,, if Mel is influenced by fan views I see that as a strength not a weakness , we are in my view at the start of something good for Derby county and for that to happen us fans need Mel Morris on board and Mel Morris needs us fans on board ,,, respect to Mel Morris appointing Pearson whether it works out or not ( it will) 

6 hours ago, archied said:

Not sure I agree joe ,, there's a pretty good cross section on here from what I can see and if you read through it all and take a balanced view of opinions and posts taking some with pinch of salt it's not a bad place to pick up a vibe of fans feelings on the club ,,, if Mel is influenced by fan views I see that as a strength not a weakness , we are in my view at the start of something good for Derby county and for that to happen us fans need Mel Morris on board and Mel Morris needs us fans on board ,,, respect to Mel Morris appointing Pearson whether it works out or not ( it will) 

It's true we do have a balance of views on this board. We have some sensible well thought out posts and mclovin. 

1 hour ago, Doodle said:

It's true we do have a balance of views on this board. We have some sensible well thought out posts and mclovin. 

Don't know what your issue is :unsure: I'm in the camp that wanted Pearson and frequently called for his appointment so Mel must have read my views and other people's who wanted Pearson. Is it because you're annoyed that my wish has come true?

10 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I feel for those on here who have said they won't watch Derby whilst Pearson is in charge, whatever will those half fans do of a Saturday afternoon? 

I'm fascinated by the term "half fan" could someone please define this for me.

11 minutes ago, MidWalesRam said:

Basically a half fan is someone that doesn't attend matches home and away and announce the bookings of their hotels on the forum. Or in short, everyone who isn't Eddie. :lol:

2 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Basically a half fan is someone that doesn't attend matches home and away and announce the bookings of their hotels on the forum. Or in short, everyone who isn't Eddie. :lol:

And DEL :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, MidWalesRam said:

I think half fan means those that don't realise that the club is bigger than one person, one manager, one owner, one player etc. I didn't particularly think Pearson was right but he's the manager and I still support the club. I go to watch games and I don't expect us to win every game. I have lived through many managers and hopefully many more to come. He's not Derby, we are.  

Half fans are also the type who boo and abuse the players. 

11 hours ago, Joe. said:

I really hope he doesn't base the decisions the club makes from what he reads on here

I do

cooked-sausages-frying-pan-six-pork-cook

48 minutes ago, MidWalesRam said:

Got a mirror?

:lol:

31 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I think half fan means those that don't realise that the club is bigger than one person, one manager, one owner, one player etc. I didn't particularly think Pearson was right but he's the manager and I still support the club. I go to watch games and I don't expect us to win every game. I have lived through many managers and hopefully many more to come. He's not Derby, we are.  

Half fans are also the type who boo and abuse the players. 

I half-like this.

Having a busy time Eddie The club has,gone back to.Manager-Chairman,on football matters,-and the administration,,side back to business and community,development,after 3 years of,mismanagement on the football side.

Joy to the masses not all will agree on the appointment.,a manager touted by many top clubs.coming to Derby.

Someone Leicester fans.still thank for the good times,,a experience manager like Chris Powell,coming as number 2,

A half fan is someone who does not agree with the direction the club is going,and was happy,with a ship going round in circles,A half fan is disillusioned with the club,Sky as a good alternative,.But you lose the passion,and a good day out with your friends..and fellow rams,pleased from my point of view ,the club now has a leader at the  helm to assist Mel Morris

On football related matters,and if in doubt ask Chris Powell,if still unsure we have the scouts.must be better than,business people sitting round a table,making decisions on a new Head-Coach,,and more players,

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, MidWalesRam said:

For me a half fan is someone who chooses to attend games based on success or likely success. Example, i have two former work colleagues who are Leicester City fans, they were season ticket holders in the championship, then when they got relegated to League 1 they did not renew, they only started going to games again when it was clear that promotion was likely back to the championship, they also voiced their intention not to renew when it looked likely they were getting relegated from the PL, but changed their mind upon safety being confirmed. You could describe has half fans the fans that went missing from Derby during the clough years, yet to return when things got better under Steve, and then moaned booed when we didnt achieve promotion.

Thats not fans who for financial reasons couldnt afford to go, thats different, its fans that will only attend if there is a good chance of winning.

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

For me a half fan is someone who chooses to attend games based on success or likely success. Example, i have two former work colleagues who are Leicester City fans, they were season ticket holders in the championship, then when they got relegated to League 1 they did not renew, they only started going to games again when it was clear that promotion was likely back to the championship, they also voiced their intention not to renew when it looked likely they were getting relegated from the PL, but changed their mind upon safety being confirmed. You could describe has half fans the fans that went missing from Derby during the clough years, yet to return when things got better under Steve, and then moaned booed when we didnt achieve promotion.

Thats not fans who for financial reasons couldnt afford to go, thats different, its fans that will only attend if there is a good chance of winning.

I renewed through that time, but it was such dire dross, that I almost dreaded going. If you went one nil down, forget it, start the motor. 

I think fans want to see Derby try and win. In the Clough years, we were paying good money to watch a team trying not to lose (and failing) every week. 

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

I renewed through that time, but it was such dire dross, that I almost dreaded going. If you went one nil down, forget it, start the motor. 

I think fans want to see Derby try and win. In the Clough years, we were paying good money to watch a team trying not to lose (and failing) every week. 

I know it certainly had its trying moments, i had a few seasons when i was so glad to see the back of the season, i think my lowest point was 2010, probably not the worst season for us, but tied in with englands showing at the world cup i just couldnt wait to see the back of football for a bit.

10 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I know it certainly had its trying moments, i had a few seasons when i was so glad to see the back of the season, i think my lowest point was 2010, probably not the worst season for us, but tied in with englands showing at the world cup i just couldnt wait to see the back of football for a bit.

God that was dire. 

Archived