Derby v Man Utd Ticket Prices

Srg

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, 24/7ram said:

I'm absolutely disgust in derby county as club I thought Derby did a great thing the other day with Hartlepool. It's like they said 26k or whatever it was not good enough for us we will charge stupidly high prices that has the capability of virtually being  a reserve game for me and my family who all have season tickets and go to as many away games as we can 7 this season I think 2x35 3x18 is far too much 

I look forward to your next post as 9-5ram.

7 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

thats just the problem right there in bold....the one thing that would stop them charging excessively is if people stop going, but people will never stop going so therefore there is absolutely no argument at all you just have to suck it up.

I was jesting, but on the theme of pricing, the last home game I bought tickets for, apart from the fantastic value cup games recently, was Wolves at home in Nigel's last full season.

The worst game I have ever seen, the highlight of which was Bryson hitting a 90th minute free kick into the bottom of the wall.

The price? £35!

9 hours ago, eddie said:

Mel puts £35 million into the club, Derby fans baulk at being asked to put £35 in.

I'm good with £35 but only if Mel gives us all a free zanfish meal and a bag of minstrels ... Otherwise I baulk then walk Come on Mel you know it's the right thing to do ! 

Would have been nice if the club, sorry I mean Mel, came out and said:

"Stuff it, Man Utd wanted to charge £50 a ticket but I said no I, I'm charging £20" - Talk about street cred he could have got with that.

Instead, I think his business brain has kicked in and although the majority of us ST holders are annoyed, the game will be a sell out.

Man Utd could have charged anything they wanted for their 5500 tickets - they will always sell them out....

Anyway - anyone know at what point the tickets will become available to buy to ST holders BUT to buy the seats that other ST holders are not taking?

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Would have been nice if the club, sorry I mean Mel, came out and said:

"Stuff it, Man Utd wanted to charge £50 a ticket but I said no I, I'm charging £20" - Talk about street cred he could have got with that.

Instead, I think his business brain has kicked in and although the majority of us ST holders are annoyed, the game will be a sell out.

Man Utd could have charged anything they wanted for their 5500 tickets - they will always sell them out....

Anyway - anyone know at what point the tickets will become available to buy to ST holders BUT to buy the seats that other ST holders are not taking?

Yes, after the 1st round of sales is complete, bare in mind you won't get the ST discount after the 1st period of sales has ended either!

1 minute ago, The 1884 Group said:

United haven't fixed the prices. A compromise between what United wanted and what we wanted has been reached.

Also agreed Derby want flags waved, United don't. Can everybody please just wave sticks at this game.

13 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Yes, after the 1st round of sales is complete, bare in mind you won't get the ST discount after the 1st period of sales has ended either!

Another Con - Would have been nice to have had 24 hours or so to choose the seats that a lot of people won't be taking up.

Cost me 30 something for Ipswich away and 30 something for Fulham at home (not a top category seat btw) a few weeks ago. 

Man U is £35. Seems to be the going rate for Derby and other clubs. Also paid £30 ish for a few other home and away tickets this year. 

Its not cheap but that's the way it is. The great thing is, no-one will force you to go. And if you don't, pop on the box. For nowt. Although I'm sure some Norbert Colon might work out it actually equates to x% of a licence fee.

And yet another occasion where MM is getting grief. Grateful when we're winning. Bet he's glad there's so many astute minds out there telling him how to play it. Just reminded me of a other viz favourite. Spoilt Bar Steward.

23 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

There won't be flags. Evening game makes it impossible to do, plus more chance of them going walkies with less STH and more day trippers. 

I saw a couple of kids round me on Tuesday with the flags, they obviously take them home and bring them back for the match.  Which is good I think.

Archived