Derby v Man Utd Ticket Prices

Srg

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just because they know that a lot of people who don't normally go to matches will pay it and fill the ground. Leaves a bitter taste in the mouth of people who put their money into the club on a regular basis in my opinion. Will our fans that were going to protest at Norwich be doing the same here?

Only they will know that, but it was a pointless protest because they still paid the price.

I still think that clubs discuss the ticket price and come to a decision between them even if that's not set in the rules and have probably agreed a similar price in case of a replay rather than Derby charging £30 and the replay being £45.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mwram1973 said:

So let me get this right.

You'll pay £30 odd quid to see a mid table championship team (Leeds)

You'll pay £25 quid ish to see a low/bottom championship team

Your moaning about paying £35 to see a top prem side???

Mental.

Erm no, I buy a season ticket to watch my team play, I don't care about the opposition.

If I was paying on a week to week basis, no I would not pay £30 to watch matches.

1 minute ago, mwram1973 said:

Mental.

Bloke on minimum wage wanting to treat his two young uns and his wife would have to work 2 and a half days roughly just for tickets let alone before hand... 

Thats Mental...

1 hour ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

35 & 40 is a joke. We gave 23k to Hartlepool as a kind gesture and perform daylight robbery on the fans. Rather keep the ******* money to subsidise them tickets. Jesus, that is ridiculous 

Yeah they could have subsidise them by £1 with £23k

It's astonishing pricing for saying it is on TV! I'm seriously considering not going and just watching it at home

Especially when you consider the prices we got charged for the cup games against Chelsea in the past two years

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-fans-welcome-ticket-pricing-Chelsea/story-20308656-detail/story.html

FA Cup 3rd Round Jan 2013. Was on TV
Chelsea allocation 5,500

Season ticket holders  £19
Non-season ticket £25

Ticket prices have been agreed between the two clubs.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/DERBY-COUNTY-Rams-release-ticket-details-Chelsea/story-24184419-detail/story.html

League Cup Quarter Final Dec 2014
Chelsea allocation 3,000

Season ticket holders £25
Non-season ticket holders £30

2 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Mental.

No guarantees both will put out full strength sides. 

Clement could view this as not being that important which it's not, as could United who may have one eye on Tuesday v Stoke which would be a much tougher game than v Newcastle after they played Sheff Utd. They have dropped out the CL spots by 2 points now, a club like United needs to be in the CL.

How would you feel if you paid £35/£40 and United put out a crap team?

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

People had best hope we don't get promoted in they think this is too much to pay for a match.

I think the price off £35 for season ticket holder is expensive 

If we get promoted none season ticket holders may well be charged  that price.

It's on the box too so seems over priced to me

2 minutes ago, admira said:

He's a multi millionaire. I'm not  its all relative. With my fuel from Ipswich and a hire, that's over £100. 

He's a self made multi millionaire who has pumped millions of his money into the club and is still getting fans asking him to put more and more in. With the purchase of the club and the money he has pumped into the facilities at Moor farm and transfer fees etc, he could well have invested over 10% of his money into the club.

I am not the biggest earner on here, but I would have to spend over £2,300 of my yearly earnings to match his investment in the club this season and I know I haven't done that.

1 minute ago, ossieram said:

He's a self made multi millionaire who has pumped millions of his money into the club and is still getting fans asking him to put more and more in. With the purchase of the club and the money he has pumped into the facilities at Moor farm and transfer fees etc, he could well have invested over 10% of his money into the club.

I am not the biggest earner on here, but I would have to spend over £2,300 of my yearly earnings to match his investment in the club this season and I know I haven't done that.

Yeah but he's still got 500m in the bank and you'd only have 20k.

You cannot compare Mel to anybody else that sits at the iPro. 

1 minute ago, CHCDerby said:

I don't think Mel would question the higher flight ticket prices when it comes to the School Holidays either.

You cannot compare Mel and 95% of Derby Supporters.

It's hardly a comparison - the man put one million times the ticket price into the club - and that's only the start.

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

The difference being that the money has put into DCFC can be viewed as an investment (although I am aware that he would probably not get back every penny that he has spent to date) whereas the money we spend on season tickets/match tickets is gone forever!

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

The difference being that the money has put into DCFC can be viewed as an investment (although I am aware that he would probably not get back every penny that he has spent to date) whereas the money we spend on season tickets/match tickets is gone forever!

No, it's also an investment. Money doesn't disappear. Your money goes to the club, with every other attendee's money, in order to help run the club. 

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

How did that work out for Lionel Pickering?

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Well let me know when you ever get a return on your investment...or was it the scarf?

I don't go to the games buddy, I'm just fueling the fire :lol:

22 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Only they will know that, but it was a pointless protest because they still paid the price.

I still think that clubs discuss the ticket price and come to a decision between them even if that's not set in the rules and have probably agreed a similar price in case of a replay rather than Derby charging £30 and the replay being £45.

Reckon ossie is on the money here. Any replay price will be factored in.

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

No, it's also an investment. Money doesn't disappear. Your money goes to the club, with every other attendee's money, in order to help run the club. 

IF we get promoted Mel will get his money back and then some. People are quick to forget he's a business man not just a Derby fan playing with his riches.

Archived