Derby v Man Utd Ticket Prices

Srg

£35 sounds a lot on the face of it. Maybe because we get such a good deal as season ticket holders for our league games that paying this for a cup match seems outrageous.

If we'd been drawn away would we complain about £35?. Its on a par with Leeds, Forest etc, its what we charge away fans and walk up customers occasionally.

Its tough for a lot of people at the moment and cash is tight so I can fully understand ST holders not budgeting for cup runs, but when you look at it calmly, the club does a great deal on ST's generally if you renew early doors.

Dare I suggest that us ST holders are cushioned from the reality of "pay as you go" football in 2016?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

You're not though.

You have absolutely no control over what the club does...this is reflected in the prices they have set for this game.

I didn't say I had any control! But if you are saying that people like me that buy season tickets, cup tickets and merchandise from the club are not helping to safeguard the future of the club, you are talking out of the area of your body that you sit on.

2 hours ago, Daveo said:

Not really worth it, for every 1 that refuses to pay those prices you will have another 5 that are willing to see United.

Think they call it supply and demand. So it will likely sell out or near as damn it do so, the club rakes some funds in.

Good business then, No?

Always on the t.v for those who find the prices a bit high, so not like they will completely miss the match!

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I will be sitting in the same seat that I always do and I will be watching the same team that I always go to watch, why should I have to pay extra because of the opposition?

You already do. The club has a list of minimum prices for all championship games which vary depending on the opposition. So your season ticket is made up from 23 varying prices and not 1 price X 23.

Having said that, I was expecting the tickets to be £25/30. Also, am I right in thinking that my cat E ticket will cost the same as the most expensive tickets? 

6 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I didn't say I had any control! But if you are saying that people like me that buy season tickets, cup tickets and merchandise from the club are not helping to safeguard the future of the club, you are talking out of the area of your body that you sit on.

So did you buy season tickets/cup tickets/merchandise when Lionel Pickering and 3 Amigos were in charge?

Interesting that despite recent seasons' experience of DCFC setting very reasonable prices for home tickets for League and FA Cup ties, people immediately assume that the club is cashing in. 

If you think Manchester United had nothing to do with these prices (rules notwithstanding) I think you are being somewhat naive. They will be keen to protect their 'brand value' and not allow people to see them on the cheap, regardless of the team they put out. 

I just hope my £35 goes towards a little bit of Camara's foot that crosses the ball in for us to get the winner! 

What baffles me is that we only have 26,000 (ish) seats to sell, so the price differential between say £35 and £30 seems almost negligible (in the light of Mel giving away our ticket receipts at Hartlepool like it was small change)

Plus we have extra cash coming in from being chosen as a  TV game..

I'm sur the club must know what they are doing - and be confident that they will sell out, but you only have to look on the comments here, the club's twitter feed and the DET news story to see that there is a unanimous feeling that this is too expensive

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

So did you buy season tickets/cup tickets/merchandise when Lionel Pickering and 3 Amigos were in charge?

Yes and the club is still going. People looking to buy a club like Derby will see the potential of the club and the amount of support it would attract before deciding whether or not to chuck their money in or how much to chuck in. If we were dragging crowds of 10,000 week in week out, would Mel be chucking in the money that he is now?

4 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Think they call it supply and demand. So it will likely sell out or near as damn it do so, the club rakes some funds in.

Good business then, No?

Always on the t.v for those who find the prices a bit high, so not like they will completely miss the match!

Great business, will be a sell out and if I was Mel I'd be rubbing my hands together at all the ST holders refusing to pay up as I'll be picking up an extra fiver a ticket. Do we get any extra for being on TV or is that just Sky?

Anyhow this is the first time the club has really come under any real criticism really (off the pitch) and let's be honest it will soon be forgotten about.

When it comes to May and we've been promoted, we will look back on how much was invested, the free scarfs and cuppa not the Man Utd ticket prices.  

1 minute ago, ossieram said:

Yes and the club is still going. People looking to buy a club like Derby will see the potential of the club and the amount of support it would attract before deciding whether or not to chuck their money in or how much to chuck in. If we were dragging crowds of 10,000 week in week out, would Mel be chucking in the money that he is now?

Fair point but the club could quite easily have gone under, which proves that the money the fans put in does not safeguard the club if the people in charge of spending it are reckless.

I cannot answer the second question on MMs behalf but there are other chairmen Dave Whelan and Steve Gibson off the top of my head who have thrown these sort of amounts at clubs with gates much lower than ours.

4 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Great business, will be a sell out and if I was Mel I'd be rubbing my hands together at all the ST holders refusing to pay up as I'll be picking up an extra fiver a ticket.

Good point - so what you're saying is that, as a season ticket holder I am in fact investing £5 in the club by NOT buying a ticket. I can live with that as a justification :)

Also give a newbie/plastic/tourist a sense of how rockin' the South Stand can be.

I'm a bloody saint me!

Its £33.00 according to the website for Forest tickets so seems pretty consistent to me.

I think its unfair to have a dig at Mel or the club without knowing the full facts, both clubs have to agree the pricing so its highly possible this is as a result of negotiations between both clubs.

I for one will be in my usual seat.

1 minute ago, Daveo said:

Great business, will be a sell out and if I was Mel I'd be rubbing my hands together at all the ST holders refusing to pay up as I'll be picking up an extra fiver a ticket. Do we get any extra for being on TV or is that just Sky?

Anyhow this is the first time the club has really come under any real criticism really (off the pitch) and let's be honest it will soon be forgotten about.

When it comes to May and we've been promoted, we will look back on how much was invested, the free scarfs and cuppa not the Man Utd ticket prices. 

I'd be interested and surprised if we didn't, good question. Seem to remember something coming out about how much the Chelsea tie made us, maybe somebody will post it up.

Me I can't be bothered to look, because rest of your post sums it up perfect.

I'll be there with my clan waving our free scarfs, wonder if the program will have a cut out hot drinks voucher, come on Mel sort it out, going to be cold and all the plastics won't sing if they are too cold :D

5 minutes ago, Daveo said:

£144,000 according to this site.

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/fa-cup-prize-money/

I'm absolutely disgust in derby county as club I thought Derby did a great thing the other day with Hartlepool. It's like they said 26k or whatever it was not good enough for us we will charge stupidly high prices that has the capability of virtually being  a reserve game for me and my family who all have season tickets and go to as many away games as we can 7 this season I think 2x35 3x18 is far too much 

1 minute ago, 24/7ram said:

I'm absolutely disgust in derby county as club I thought Derby did a great thing the other day with Hartlepool. It's like they said 26k or whatever it was not good enough for us we will charge stupidly high prices that has the capability of virtually being  a reserve game for me and my family who all have season tickets and go to as many away games as we can 7 this season I think 2x35 3x18 is far too much 

If it was away at Utd and they charged £45 like they did Sheff Utd, would you go? Because I know a lot of people that are moaning at these prices would pay that and the extra for travelling.

I reckon that there is a good chance that it won't sell out. £35/£40 is a lot of cash for second string football on a cold and probably wet January evening that you can watch at home/in the pub for free. If we perform like Tuesday in the next two games there will even more reticence. The only way I can see it actually selling out is if the local Man U fans decide to buy up tickets in the home sections - which'l make the atmosphere 'interesting'.

I'd say that this is first proper mistake that Mel has made.

Archived