Nick Blackman

irobinson

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Russell plays on the left mostly doesn't he altho they do switch around a bit. Blackman plays on the right, so wouldn't he have to be better than ince? Well he's scored more goals this season than ince I spose. Who knows? As you say I've only seen him once and that was last game of last season when mostly I had my hands over my eyes. 

I know next to nothing about this Blackman, but if you think anyone would push Ince out of the team before Russell your crazy

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Thorne Butterfield 

Blackman      Ince        Camara

Martin 

Really want to this line-up against Reading now. 

Great attacking options. Doesn't look great defensively though.

18 minutes ago, Kernow said:

The £1.5mil deal is what really makes this a good or bad deal for us. The third top scorer in the league in January sandwiched between an £11mil striker and another who had bids for £12mil rejected for him in the summer.

In contrast we paid just over £1million for Luke Varney

We paid £750,000 for Liam Dickinson.

We paid £1.2million for Conor Sammon.

Perspective.

Surely the player not the fee is what makes it a good or bad deal???

10 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Surely the player not the fee is what makes it a good or bad deal???

When you look at the players we've signed for similar fees we can't be getting that bad of a deal! I mean he is in double figures already so he must have something about him

46 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

But still no striker? Both Camara and Blackman are best out wide? We should be looking at one winger, one striker and one left back.

Maybe they are thinking of using Ince or Russell as a forward, you just never know.

Thorne/hendrick             Johnson/Butterfield

Blackman                          Ince                                      Russell

Martin           

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

John Percy has all but confirmed this. £2million deal.

At first I was a bit cautious, great season thus far but looking at his past records it really isn't impressive.

However let's look at the market. We're getting the third top scorer in this division currently, which is what matters, currently, for £2million. I'll trust SDSR's figure on this because I've known him to be spot on for 99% of all transfers he's reported on for at least 5 years now.

We're getting the third top scorer for £1.5million, rising to £2million if we go up. The only two players to better Blackman's total this season are Ross McCormack (£11million) and Andre Gray (either £9million or £10 and a packet of hula hoops, depending if you believe the media or Sean Dyche).

We can't really go wrong with this deal, for such a small amount of money judging by the amount strikers in this league are now going for. If he doesn't score the goals we need him to, we're likely to recoup most of the figure. If he had a decent contract length the figure would not be this low. Reading have no bargaining power. They're going nowhere regardless and would lose him for free in six months.

At first I wasn't too excited about this signing, but looking at the bigger picture we've essentially added two decent squad players to bolster our attacking options for around £3million in total. Can't go wrong.

hahahhahaha very good.

Archived