Nick Blackman

irobinson

We have nicked him from reading for sure. Always pay over the odds at Xmas.It is real cash that Mel....What a guy!  is spending but I watched some of the Liverpool game tonight and wow, some of those players look no better or not as good as ours.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't judge any player in a Derby shirt, because basically it's not my job to do so, but while they wear the shirt, I will give them all the encouragement I can.

Players and managers sink or swim by the results generated by the efforts of themselves and the team, and at the end of the day the people who do the judging are those in a position of influence at the club (i.e. those who put the money in).

My paltry £400 a year (plus away trips) entitles me to do one thing - to shout my lungs out in encouragement.

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

I won't judge any player in a Derby shirt, because basically it's not my job to do so, but while they wear the shirt, I will give them all the encouragement I can.

Players and managers sink or swim by the results generated by the efforts of themselves and the team, and at the end of the day the people who do the judging are those in a position of influence at the club (i.e. those who put the money in).

My paltry £400 a year (plus away trips) entitles me to do one thing - to shout my lungs out in encouragement.

You must still have your opinions on a player though.

It's possible to give encouragement yet have an opinion, be it good or bad. 

12 minutes ago, eddie said:

Any chance of you extending your non-judgmental ethos to posters on here?

14 minutes ago, eddie said:

In fact considering you've told me what you think of me before can you give me £400? I feel like I've earned it and it's the least you could do.

I do really worry about his attitude. If you watch some of their games this season you can see how he can really be lazy and almost a 'goal hanger' type. Moody ? Makes Incy look like a stoic uncomplaining player. May have ability but not sure this is the right move....quite a few Reading fans calling him 'arrogant'. Not a good trait to have when you are trying to build/retain good team spirit....'everyone in the trenches' etc....

Mind u, PC has experience of dealing with plenty of highly strung egos...mind u, most of those players in Spain had the real talent to go with those egos.....

Hmmm..... Not impressed.

Remember Clement talking about egos when he arrived and he was saying the top players aren't really arrogant. It's the lesser players you have to watch. The top players are top players because they are dedicated athletes that want to learn, they ask questions, they want to be challenged. 

6 hours ago, Howard Canitbé said:

You must still have your opinions on a player though.

It's possible to give encouragement yet have an opinion, be it good or bad. 

Opinions change from week to week. Over the years, I have recognised that everyone else has been wrong in their opinions, so why should I be any different?

Tweets from the last 10 minutes suggest we've all been a bit previous  Not doubting it will happen but I'm wondering if that photo was fake   

DET

.@dcfcofficial closing in on signing @ReadingFC striker Nick Blackman #dcfc #dcfcfans bit.ly/1Pe7S7t

Owen Bradley

I'll be on @BBCBerkshire at around 7:15am this morning talking about Nick Blackman's expected move to Derby County #dcfcfans

@urbane_selector deal isn't done.

PistoldPete2

Wondering about the squad now... Guess first team would be Carson christie warnock Keogh shackell thorne Johnson butterfield Blackman martin ince subs grant shotton Baird camara Hendrick bent or weimann russell. 

So so even with Bryson and hughes out injured there's only room for one of bent and weimann on the bench. I guess one of them maybe shipped out. 

8 hours ago, eddie said:

Come on Mel, I know you visit this board. If you are unable to canonise Saint Eddie can you please invite him over for a cup of tea and slice of cake. Angel cake obviously.

I think this signing makes perfect sense. I've said since the start of the season that we need two more wide-men and I'm surprised we've managed to get 2nd without that.

Perhaps this signing allows Weimann to be a central striker like he wants to be. We have enough wide players now that he doesn't need to be used out wide where he's clearly not suited.

I see us primarily sticking with 4-3-3 and then having our main options as this:

LW - Russell, Camara

RW - Ince, Blackman

ST - Martin, Weimann, Bent

One thing that I take from the above is that we now have serious pace. A frontline of Camara, Weimann, Blackman is extremely quick. Maybe Clement will look to deploy it when we're up against teams that will have a go at us, giving us the opportunity to absorb pressure with our excellent defence and then counter attack. Give the ball to Thorne or Butterfield and then hit a long diagonal to one of our new runners.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Oh hello last night, fancy seeing you again.

I just posted it cos the above poster said he wanted to lol 

Archived