Nick Blackman

irobinson

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, daib0 said:

Hi there, a surprise to Reading fans I must sday.

Could Blackman actually play AGAINST Reading next week?!

Not according to The Reading Chronicle

"Blackman is said to have held talks with Derby this afternoon, but any deal is likely to prevent him for playing against Reading in next Tuesday's Championship clash."

Just now, uttoxram75 said:

He may have to wait for his chance to start just yet.

What's your honest opinion of him daib0?

Plenty of ability, sharp and quick, but the confidence factor absolutely vital for him, even more than most strikers. At the beginning of the season he was unbelievable, unstoppable but as the team burst the bubble from a second spot his clinical finishing also went down a level too, Previous seasons he has been good but not so spectacular as 2015. 

Think it's a pretty good move for you, and if he's nursed well he could be a real major player in getting that auto spot sewn up

5 minutes ago, randombc said:

Is it just me that seems the fee is a bit much? He's had half a good season and suddenly worth £2.5 million? 

Thats only 2 sammon.

2 minutes ago, daib0 said:

Plenty of ability, sharp and quick, but the confidence factor absolutely vital for him, even more than most strikers. At the beginning of the season he was unbelievable, unstoppable but as the team burst the bubble from a second spot his clinical finishing also went down a level too, Previous seasons he has been good but not so spectacular as 2015. 

Think it's a pretty good move for you, and if he's nursed well he could be a real major player in getting that auto spot sewn up

He sounds like Tom Ince!

Thanks for that, what's your expectation for the Royals for the rest of the season?

9 minutes ago, randombc said:

Is it just me that seems the fee is a bit much? He's had half a good season and suddenly worth £2.5 million? 

No, all the wristslashers do

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

He sounds like Tom Ince!

Thanks for that, what's your expectation for the Royals for the rest of the season?

We're a bit in the sh**s now!

I mean, we HAVE got a problem now:

Reading Top Scorers

(every competition)

Player Total
1Nick Blackman 13
2Orlando Sá 5
3Danny Williams 4
4Gustavo Lucas Domingues Piazon 3
4Garath McCleary 3
5Oliver Norwood 2
5Matej Vydra 2
6Chris Gunter 1
6Ola John 1

So who is actually going to score our goals now?!!!

3 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

take the corgis for a few walks, shoot a few grouse, wave to a few plebs.

5 minutes ago, daib0 said:

We're a bit in the sh**s now!

I mean, we HAVE got a problem now:

Reading Top Scorers

(every competition)

Player Total
1Nick Blackman 13
2Orlando Sá 5
3Danny Williams 4
4Gustavo Lucas Domingues Piazon 3
4Garath McCleary 3
5Oliver Norwood 2
5Matej Vydra 2
6Chris Gunter 1
6Ola John 1

So who is actually going to score our goals now?!!!

The money you've spent taking Vydra on a seasons' loan doesn't seem to be paying off?

http://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/2016/1/5/10714740/why-reading-fc-selling-nick-blackman-makes-sense-sheffield-wednesday

This Reading blog post suggests Blackman has some selfish personality traits, but he'll have to make do with playing where he is asked to in our team. Note the points about undermining the defence when on the wing. He'll get subbed if he does that for long in our team anyway.

8 minutes ago, Stimacked said:

http://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/2016/1/5/10714740/why-reading-fc-selling-nick-blackman-makes-sense-sheffield-wednesday

This Reading blog post suggests Blackman has some selfish personality traits, but he'll have to make do with playing where he is asked to in our team. Note the points about undermining the defence when on the wing. He'll get subbed if he does that for long in our team anyway.

I would read that with a pinch of salt. I know the writer of the article, and get on well, but he (RoyalHoops)  has a strong personality and sometimes maybe exagerates a bit! Brian McDermott has hardly had any time to impose himself at Reading yet, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing up with the player - in fact it was Brian himself who brought Blackman to the club in his previous spell as manager! 

18 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

The money you've spent taking Vydra on a seasons' loan doesn't seem to be paying off?

I don't like criticizing for nothing, but Vydra's been a huge disappointment ... up to now at least. Maybe McDermott knows something we don't and can get him scoring freely again. Most (and a vast number of) Royals fans voted to boot him out a few days ago

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

The hall of shame.

I'd be interested in your definition of shame! 

I feel no shame in typing my opinion of a player, and him signing for us, if he does, doesn't make him a better player. 

I will obviously judge him in a Derby shirt, and not criticise him for anything he did previous to joining, but I'm not excited by this. 

Don't know if anybody but me has read this article but it makes for an interesting read:
http://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/2015/7/27/9041185/reading-fc-striker-nick-blackman-the-debate

Posted this summer in July before he started scoring/assisting for Reading, really shows the split in opinion he caused amongst Reading fans, not to mention the poll at the end.

I'll mention it anyway:
Nick Blackman: Does he have a future at [Reading FC]?

44% Yes (140 votes)

56% No (180 votes)

All this before he notched up 13 goals and several assists for them this season.

Archived