George Thorne

DcFc Dyycheee

5 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

He wouldn't even make the bench.

I beg to differ. Would be the end for Bryson with us but Osman has plenty to offer a club of our position and potential. He played for England only a few seasons ago. To suggest a player of his experience wouldn't get on our bench is folly. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

I beg to differ. Would be the end for Bryson with us but Osman has plenty to offer a club of our position and potential. He played for England only a few seasons ago. To suggest a player of his experience wouldn't get on our bench is folly. 

My comment was completely tongue in cheek StockholmRam, I know Osman is class and would increase the superb competition within our team.

If anyone offers £20mil for Thorne they first need a thorough assessment by a psychiatrist, and we also need to say thank you very much and snap their hands off.

He's a great player, one of the best we have, but I'm sure for that money there's someone else. £17.5mil profit on a player who has missed more games through injury for us than he's actually played would be ridiculous.

we wont sell in january, the rewards of keeping thorne here are possibly 150m+ plus premier league football. mel and sam wont let thorne go for any amount of money teams will be prepared to pay. the only way key players of ours will leave will be at the end of the season for ridiculous amounts of money if we dont go up

It's difficult assessing the value of a player - my rule of thumb is 'how much would it cost to replace him?'

Take Forest's side for instance, and the problem they may face if they have to replace Lansbury in January, given his contribution v Leeds today.

What's the going rate for a traffic cone and a bag of mousetraps?

25 minutes ago, eddie said:

It's difficult assessing the value of a player - my rule of thumb is 'how much would it cost to replace him?'

Take Forest's side for instance, and the problem they may face if they have to replace Lansbury in January, given his contribution v Leeds today.

What's the going rate for a traffic cone and a bag of mousetraps?

£7.49, plus 5p for the bag?

Thorne is an exceptional player, one I expect to really flourish in the Premier League. I'd say he's England's best defensive midfielder, but that's just my opinion. 

It'd be a great move for him and Everton and I'd be sad to see him leave, but it wouldn't be a surprise. 

I just really hope it doesn't happen! 

Everyone has their price i suppose...but removing a pivotal part of the team that is making a very strong push for promotion could have huge consequences for us.  It would have to be really 'silly' money before it was worthy of consideration...and surely no one will be willing to pay that for an injury prone player.  Which is good...because i'd hate to see him go. 

5 minutes ago, muzzamurray said:

If we dont gain promotion this year, i see him leaving in the summer, but if we do, he will stay...

If we don't get promoted (and he stays fit) he WILL go. If we do get promoted he MIGHT stay (you can never be certain of the caliber of club that might come in for him, or his mindset.)

Thorne has shown that if he wants to leave then him and his agent will do everything they can to force a move, and it's naive to think if Everton were interested then he wouldn't be interested. They have a decent chance of Europe and play a way that suits him to the ground. 

Luckily enough I can't see them directing their limited resources toward a position they're fairly well stocked in, and I'm not too concerned about any of the other clubs listed there.

Archived