George Thorne

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May as well not discuss any rumours at all and shut this board down. Sometimes the Red topic comics get it right and have done several times in the past with us, whilst I take every rumour with a pinch of salt it would be silly to ignore them

9 hours ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

No Chairman in his right mind would fork out big bucks for an injury prone player. Only if he gets through this season unscathed wouldhe/ the board be willing to sanction a bid. Also there is no way on earth MM will allow this nonesense

whats micky mouse got to do with it?

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My mate reckons he saw George Thorne in Birkenhead last night wearing a Lacoste tracksuit and sporting a Gucci man bag...make of that what you will 

What your mate in Birkenhead was wearing is between him and his conscience.

I am not sure anyone could pay the right price - especially in January. 

With the riches on offer in the PL next season with the massively improved TV deals no way will we sell a player so pivotal

£20m? I wouldnt sell him for that - the rewards on offer if we can get promoted and stay there would prove such a fee to be insignificant by comparison..

8 minutes ago, Yani P said:

With the riches on offer in the PL next season with the massively improved TV deals no way will we sell a player so pivotal

£20m? I wouldnt sell him for that - the rewards on offer if we can get promoted and stay there would prove such a fee to be insignificant by comparison..

Totally agreed, Yani P

49 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I'm pretty sure we'd sell for £20m. The restrictions of FFP mean that we'll need to sell someone if we're to spend much in January - or just ignore it and take the risk. £20m would let us bring in something like Rohan Ince, Ross McCormack, Andros Townsend and Marcus Ollson. Which, IMO, would make us more likely to get promoted.

Of course, I'd very much doubt that anyone would offer over £5m for Thorne, which wouldn't be worth it, so I'd expect him still to be a Derby player on Feb 1.

We're building a team, and we have no financial pressure. There's no way on earth we'll be selling George Thorne unless he wants to leave. Can't see him wanting to leave.

Archived