Razza Camara

zaragozaram

I'd rather sign a relatively unknown for a million or two, than spend 8 million on someone like Rhodes - risk breaching FFP and be screwed with an embargo having to sell the better players for peanuts.

Clement will know the quality in the French leagues from his time at PSG.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Papahet said:

I'd rather sign a relatively unknown for a million or two, than spend 8 million on someone like Rhodes - risk breaching FFP and be screwed with an embargo having to sell the better players for peanuts.

Clement will know the quality in the French leagues from his time at PSG.

Rhodes is a known quantity in this division, but there must be reasons no one has taken a punt on him from the Premier League, especially given Blackburn's finances. 

I'd rather we take a gamble on a huge upside than someone who has likely hit their ceiling. 

That said, you can only do this when you have a strong core to the team - which we do. 

Boro have been going for Rhodes for ages now. And now that Blackburn actually have a half decent chance at a play off push, and are out of their embargo so can spend in Jan, it would be odd to sell him now, when they've refused in the lower reaches of the table. 

Mccormack could be sold though. Fulham need to get out of their embargo. I'd love him here, but not for the money they'd want at his age. 

1 minute ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Boro have been going for Rhodes for ages now. And now that Blackburn actually have a half decent chance at a play off push, and are out of their embargo so can spend in Jan, it would be odd to sell him now, when they've refused in the lower reaches of the table. 

Mccormack could be sold though. Fulham need to get out of their embargo. I'd love him here, but not for the money they'd want at his age. 

I think McCormack suits Fulham's style more than ours. We have a lot of pace in the side (which he doesn't) and could do with a 'fox in the box' type striker. I think for the money, he's a luxury. I'm not sure Johnson was worth £6m and I wouldn't want us paying over the odds for a player the Premier League doesn't seem to want.

We have been linked with Camara and I'm sure there must be other strikers on the Continent who are better VFM.

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think McCormack suits Fulham's style more than ours. We have a lot of pace in the side (which he doesn't) and could do with a 'fox in the box' type striker. I think for the money, he's a luxury. I'm not sure Johnson was worth £6m and I wouldn't want us paying over the odds for a player the Premier League doesn't seem to want.

We have been linked with Camara and I'm sure there must be other strikers on the Continent who are better VFM.

I'd say our weakness is that we don't have pace in our side. You look at Leicester and Palace and see how devastating it can be, but I don't see anything like that for us. The fast breaks of two years ago are gone and we're generally pedestrian and measured when moving forward. I suppose Weimann and Russell are our quick players, but Weimann isn't someone who runs with the ball. I imagine that's why we appear to be after Camara.

Stuani at Boro is quality

James Wilson (if we can class him as a championship striker) is a quality striker

Vydra at Reading is a striker/winger I have rated highly

Gary Hooper at Sheffield Weds is a good striker

Chris Martin has proven year on year he is a top Championship striker.

McCormack and Rhodes have shown they could play in a team of 10 Carlton Palmers but will still score more than 15 goals a season.

For me Austin, when fit, is the best finisher in this division.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

James Wilson (if we can class him as a championship striker) is a quality striker

McCormack and Rhodes have shown they could play in a team of 10 Carlton Palmers but will still score more than 15 goals a season.

Disagree. From that list, in my opinion, the best out-and-out finisher is Vydra

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Disagree. From that list, in my opinion, the best out-and-out finisher is Vydra

I have to say Austin would be the best addition from the list - based on his overall level and ability. Having said that, Vydra is absolutely clinical, and given his age, is the sort of player I think we should be after rather than McCormack. He would be an ideal signing, and would be ready to play in the PL.

8 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Gary hooper? ???????????? 

In 162 appearances for Ssausagehorpe, Norwich and Sheff Weds he has scored 64 goals, which is 1 goal every 2.41 games.  I don't count Celtic because that doesn't count really.

So yes, Gary Hooper. Chris Martin was a useless donkey before he came to Derby, just look what right coaching and a suitable position can do. 

Archived