Razza Camara

zaragozaram

According to the interview with Andrew Gibney, he's a key part of Angers' counter-attacking play style and while he's not their best player he's one of their most influential players when they're counter-attacking. (The only information regarding pace is that Gilles Sunu is "nowhere near as fast" but I've no idea how fast Sunu is either so that's not all that helpful.)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03dl14l

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes many of us are used to a barker type fee.Now a million plus is average for a bit part player.

Can see why the yanks bailed out,many millions are at stake in this gamble of premiership football,

Strange to be the big spenders of the championship,anyway as a fan sit back and enjoy it

Cannot understand where he fits in.-Martin-Weiman-Ince-Bent-Russell  ,all strikers 3 brought in during the summer.

and part of a big squad ,with 7 midfield players,assembled,for different formations.

Many players cannot get a run in the team,Question where the signings not good enough in the summer.

Will the team spirit be affected by a bigger squad.

The start of our journey was with 44 players,most on high salaries,running the club down,and in,financial meltdown.

So to be nervous of the vast amount of cash in transfers and wages going into this gamble for some fans is understandable

Must be said though ,it is a great ride .What can a fan do enjoy it and,Tomorrow is another day 

36 minutes ago, trevor1946 said:

Yes many of us are used to a barker type fee.Now a million plus is average for a bit part player.

Can see why the yanks bailed out,many millions are at stake in this gamble of premiership football,

Strange to be the big spenders of the championship,anyway as a fan sit back and enjoy it

Cannot understand where he fits in.-Martin-Weiman-Ince-Bent-Russell  ,all strikers 3 brought in during the summer.

and part of a big squad ,with 7 midfield players,assembled,for different formations.

Many players cannot get a run in the team,Question where the signings not good enough in the summer.

Will the team spirit be affected by a bigger squad.

The start of our journey was with 44 players,most on high salaries,running the club down,and in,financial meltdown.

So to be nervous of the vast amount of cash in transfers and wages going into this gamble for some fans is understandable

Must be said though ,it is a great ride .What can a fan do enjoy it and,Tomorrow is another day 

Any more negatives you can think of now you're on a roll?

46 minutes ago, trevor1946 said:

We generally have four wingers in the squad.

Last year it was Ward - Russell - Ibe and Ince/Dawkins.

Currently it's Weimann - Russell - Ince and Dawkins.

Soon it'll be Weimann - Russell - Ince and Camara.

That's were I see him fitting in.

2 minutes ago, admira said:

Simply well put. 

13 minutes ago, admira said:

I was surprised when we didn't get anyone in loan earlier in the season to cover the fourth winger spot.

2 hours ago, admira said:

Don't think it's as simple as that anymore. Camara and Weimann have both spent long periods of their career as strikers while ince as an attacking midfielder. Don't really play with wingers anymore but instead three forwards at a time. Hence it would be 6 (Possibly 7 if Blackman signs) fighting it out for three spots

Still find it odd that -once again- we have the CEo/Chairman shaking the player's hand and holding up the shirt- rather than the 'manager'. And the latter not even having seen Camara play in the flesh. Yes, PC might have great contacts and faith in the scouts, but still.......for 1.25m I would expect the manager to at least jetted over once to see him play....

Sure, Mel's money etc, but it's normally the 'manager' welcoming the player.

Do hope this won't turn out to be another Craig Fagan January episode.... But of course, In PC we trust etc etc'

38 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Still find it odd that -once again- we have the CEo/Chairman shaking the player's hand and holding up the shirt- rather than the 'manager'. And the latter not even having seen Camara play in the flesh. Yes, PC might have great contacts and faith in the scouts, but still.......for 1.25m I would expect the manager to at least jetted over once to see him play....

Do hope this won't turn out to be another Craig Fagan January episode.... But of course, In PC we trust etc etc'

Why do you get a better judge of a player watching them in the flesh without being able to watch replays. Also the squad train everyday would you rather PC jetting off to watch players abroad or working with our current squad?

That's a bizarre attitude in my view and no need to be so defensive. It would be normal for a manager to go see a player. Always has been. We have other coaches who can take a day or two training in a special case. I know there are exceptions but......

anyway, just a thought and an opinion.

just watching the interview and cant wait to see him play!! hopefully he'll be great for us

in his own words we can expect the following

"I quick player, I go fast. I help defender, Play as team."

:D

serious question: do you see we will see him vs hartlepool?

great time to give him his debut or wait for bit more of an occasion?

49 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

just watching the interview and cant wait to see him play!! hopefully he'll be great for us

in his own words we can expect the following

"I quick player, I go fast. I help defender, Play as team."

:D

serious question: do you see we will see him vs hartlepool?

great time to give him his debut or wait for bit more of an occasion?

Chuck him in at the weekend, the crowd will still be bigger than most french league games he's played in.

36 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Chuck him in at the weekend, the crowd will still be bigger than most french league games he's played in.

Watched one of his highlight reels and he's played in way better atmospheres than he'll experience here. Was on loan and playing for Panathinaikos as well...

3 hours ago, caymanram said:

That's a bizarre attitude in my view and no need to be so defensive. It would be normal for a manager to go see a player. Always has been. We have other coaches who can take a day or two training in a special case. I know there are exceptions but......

anyway, just a thought and an opinion.

It's 2016 football. Clubs all over the world operate the model we do, and quite a few of them are very successful. 

7 hours ago, caymanram said:

Let's face it, managers can be quite transient these days. They are the fall guy when things go wrong. If the manager is effectively running the whole club then their departure can be catastrophic. I think what Derby are doing (and many other clubs) is forming a club, with stable and consistant staff who continually drive the business forward and maintain connections where needed. The manager is then a 'Head Coach' to run the match day squad, lead training and be the 'fall guy'. It is a change but I think it will build greater consistency for the club in the long run. 

My thoughts anyway. 

8 hours ago, caymanram said:

I don't know if I'm missing something here, but how do you know he hasn't?

8 hours ago, caymanram said:

I think you're right in that if we have a weakness in the current structure, it is the split between the recruitment and the head coach. 

It would be interesting to know why chris evans went but camara stayed. That whole episode of setting up a much trumpeted scouting team that crumbled pretty quickly was very odd.

the most recent time when recruitment worked really well was under george burley who brought his own scout. Tommy smith, raziak, idiakez etc all on a budget. That worked. 

5 hours ago, rusgb said:

Let's face it, managers can be quite transient these days. They are the fall guy when things go wrong. If the manager is effectively running the whole club then their departure can be catastrophic. I think what Derby are doing (and many other clubs) is forming a club, with stable and consistant staff who continually drive the business forward and maintain connections where needed. The manager is then a 'Head Coach' to run the match day squad, lead training and be the 'fall guy'. It is a change but I think it will build greater consistency for the club in the long run. 

My thoughts anyway. 

Southampton work this way.

Archived