Razza Camara

zaragozaram

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Reveldevil that's harsh and you know it is. I can't remember Albentosa making too many clear cut mistakes to be honest. In fact one of our best defence displays of the season was with him in the team away to norwich

You're right, it is overly harsh.

I don't blame him for our collapse back end, not his fault he's not good enough to cover Bucko, or his fault every DM was injured either.

However he didn't come into a struggling team did he, but he was a part of one towards the end.

Hardly pulling up trees at CF Malaga either, is he injured?

13 minutes ago, McLovin said:

To be fair the situation with Albentosa was completely different. He left behind a pregnant wife and came into a struggling team. In contrast, our current team is much more confident and Camara has played in multiple countries already in his career so homesickness shouldn't be an issue with him

Oh yeah, I know it's completely different to Albentosa, but there's still a lot of challenges he has to overcome that someone who's already played in England wouldn't have. I'm just happy it looks like we'll be signing a winger, was a bit worried the other day when Bris said we'll only be looking to sign a striker and left back,

One big positive for Camara is that although none of our players speak French (I don't think?), Clement will obviously speak at least basic French from his time at PSG.

10 minutes ago, hiltonram said:

Dont really want any africans who will disappear every Jan,Feb to go and play for their countries. 

You do realise it isn't every year, or do you just not care and just don't want Africans?

53 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Oh yeah, I know it's completely different to Albentosa, but there's still a lot of challenges he has to overcome that someone who's already played in England wouldn't have. I'm just happy it looks like we'll be signing a winger, was a bit worried the other day when Bris said we'll only be looking to sign a striker and left back,

One big positive for Camara is that although none of our players speak French (I don't think?), Clement will obviously speak at least basic French from his time at PSG.

53 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Yes a winger would be greatly appreciated and he looks very quick. I forgot that Clement knows French. I assume that Weimann will know French as well because they are taught it at school in Austria and our goalkeeping coach Zuberbuhler will know some French too because he is swiss.

2 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

A Bolton supporting friend just messaged me about Camara and said that a year or two ago they had him on trial and rejected the chance to sign him. I can't seem to find anything about him being on trial at Bolton on the internet though so he might have got the wrong Camara. :lol:

This sort of stuff is quite common, and defintely funny in some cases. Huw Jenkins recently said that Swansea turned down the chance to sign Yannick Bolasie for 40k a few years ago.

Now Spurs are linked with him and Pardew has put a 20m value on him.

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

Reveldevil that's harsh and you know it is. I can't remember Albentosa making too many clear cut mistakes to be honest. In fact one of our best defence displays of the season was with him in the team away to norwich

Really?

Without knowing this guy or giving him an opportunity, I thought we would be after a better calibre of player these days. With the money and the attraction I would like to see us linked with better names.

Shackell, Ince, Bent, Johnson are big names, big money, marquee signings making a good impact.

This is an attacking forward on a team in France, although doing well, are scoring less than one per game and he has contributed next to nothing.

Bar a handful of teams I would say th French league isn't far of top ten Championship level and I want players who are contributing more. 

12 hours ago, rammieib said:

Without knowing this guy or giving him an opportunity, I thought we would be after a better calibre of player these days. With the money and the attraction I would like to see us linked with better names.

Shackell, Ince, Bent, Johnson are big names, big money, marquee signings making a good impact.

This is an attacking forward on a team in France, although doing well, are scoring less than one per game and he has contributed next to nothing.

Bar a handful of teams I would say th French league isn't far of top ten Championship level and I want players who are contributing more. 

I bet Leicester fans thought the same about Riyad Mahrez.

16 hours ago, Rammy said:

I bet Leicester fans thought the same about Riyad Mahrez.

Mahrez came to mind for me too. Obviously not suggesting this guy is going to be the next Mahrez, if he turns out half as good then we'd be in for a hell of a player.

Mahrez had been playing in a middle of the road, bang average French second division side for 3 years before Leicester, and that was the peak of his career at the time. 6 goals in 60 games. If we had been in for him I'd question why. Would I want him in January 2014? Not a chance.

This guy is a regular for a side 3rd in Ligue 1, only bettered by the riches of PSG & Monaco. For just over a million squid, it could be worth the gamble. Leicester are proving that if you find a gem, take a gamble and have a bit of luck along the way, the sky's the limit. Let's go for it, he could be fantastic.

10 hours ago, muzzamurray said:

is there any videos on this guy anywhere???

There are a few on youtube, but the highlights one seems to show him running a lot but hardly ever retaining the ball. Not convinced, but better people than me are in the decision making positions.

30 minutes ago, halifaxram said:

There are a few on youtube, but the highlights one seems to show him running a lot but hardly ever retaining the ball. Not convinced, but better people than me are in the decision making positions.

You probably seen the 1 video that was 5 years ago. 

I asked a Ligue 1 fan on reddit on his opinion on Razza Camara.

Angers are doing very well, but still struggle with their attacking players. Would say that Razzagui is one of the few that has done a good job this season, but he's the same player he always is: very quick and some (good) weird ideas, but doesn't really get much out of it, even if he's a "anything can happen"-player. Think the fans of Angers will be pissed if he's going for only €1,7m.

Archived