Razza Camara

zaragozaram

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@FrenchFtWeekly: Angers boss Stephane Moulin has confirmed to Telefoot that Abdoul Camara will join @dcfcofficial imminently. #dcfc #SCO

1 hour ago, TopRam said:

@FrenchFtWeekly: Angers boss Stephane Moulin has confirmed to Telefoot that Abdoul Camara will join @dcfcofficial imminently. #dcfc #SCO

Why am I not excited?

5 minutes ago, rammieib said:

This signing has Simon Dawkins in 12 months time written all over it.

What you mean a load of fans on here claiming he is a cross between pele and Ronaldo and should be fitted into any starting line up possible, including what I can only presume is a skunk induced holding midfielder role?

For £1.25m, or whatever the fee is rumoured, he could turn up and be useless and we would probably still get the majority of that fee back if we decided to sell him. Then if he turns out to be good his value could increase loads. It's a gamble worth taking  (but only if we bring in proven quality along with him).

This has been in the pipeline for around a month now. He has been scouted intensively, and I assume the analyst team has produced a dossier for Clement to view. He has done well in France but his stats don't sound brilliant, but the team are performing at a high standard, so he must be doing something right. I think this will be completed in the week, would be interesting to give him a run out at Hartlepool. Fee is under €2m euros. 

this feels like a Mo Camara type of signing.

is he still here?

when he scouted for Sunderland they signed players like this from Europe.

How many do you remember?

David Moberg-Karlsson- IFK Goth'burg£1,500,00019 Jun, 2013

Modibo Diakite -LazioFree01 Jul, 2013

Adilson Cabral -BaselFree01 Jul, 2013

Valentin Roberge - MaritimoFree01 Jul, 2013

Jozy Altidore - AZ Alkmaar£6,500,00009 Jul, 2013

El Hadji Ba - Le Havre£380,00010 Jul, 2013

Emanuele Giaccherini - Juventus£6,500,00016 Jul, 2013

Charalampos Mavrias - PanathinaikosSigned22 Aug, 2013

Andrea Dossena - TorinoSigned02 Sep, 2013

Oscar Ustari - AlmeriaFree21 Jan, 2014

Ignacio Martin Scocco - InternacionalSigned

The guy is starting regular and performing for a team 3rd in Ligue 1 behind PSG and Monaco, I'm going to put it out there that it'll be shocking if he can't perform in the championship. He should have way too much for players in this league. They even play the same formation and similar tactics to us and he can play on the left and right.

These are the kind of signings that excite me. Could go either way, but he's not too expensive, a position we need, should offer something different and let's be honest, nobody on here knows anything about him. 

Nice for a player to come in with no immediate expectations. 

Might just be me but I've always been a sucker for signing a seemingly random player from somewhere different. 

9 minutes ago, eddie said:

There you go then.

RamNut's written him off before the signing is confirmed.

I've not written him off. But i'll be a bit surprised if he's the answer.

His record is patchy to put it mildly.

He's played 17 and scored 2 in ligue 1 this season.

last year he played 27 and scored 6 in the French second division.

his agent was quoted as saying that Angers didn't want to negotiate a new contract.

Prior to that he sat on the bench for Mallorca in the spanish second division - never started a game.

Prior to that he played 22 games in three seasons for Sochaux who have plummeted 

He has also played 12 games on loan for PAOK who elected not to sign him.

He looks fast, and no doubt everyone will get over excited for a bit.

But will he be here in 2 years time?

Tbh why not just give Dawkins a bloody game?

First test of the new regime in the transfer market. Splashing big bucks in autumn on proven Champ players was one thing, trying to improve a damn good squad with good scouting on a more frugal budget is another.

I'd be amazed if he isn't an improvement on the squad. Weimann has done bits and pieces but never really owned a shirt. Johnny I love to bits for his effort but he's only Wardy with hamstrings instead of spaghetti and Ince is a match winner, but only sometimes.

We'll see. Always exciting though bringing in new blood.

9 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I've not written him off. But i'll be a bit surprised if he's the answer.

His record is patchy to put it mildly.

He's played 17 and scored 2 in ligue 1 this season.

last year he played 27 and scored 6 in the French second division.

his agent was quoted as saying that Angers didn't want to negotiate a new contract.

Prior to that he sat on the bench for Mallorca in the spanish second division - never started a game.

Prior to that he played 22 games in three seasons for Sochaux who have plummeted 

He has also played 12 games on loan for PAOK who elected not to sign him.

He looks fast, and no doubt everyone will get over excited for a bit.

But will he be here in 2 years time?

Tbh why not just give Dawkins a bloody game?

As with most players, if they are consistent you have to pay a premium, and wouldn't be coming to the championship in the first place.

dawkins? Can you give us a summary of his playing days that shows his impressive career to date?

Archived