Razza Camara

zaragozaram

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Looking at all his YouTube footage and he don't half resemble Dawkins, might as well keep Dawkins then

This guy looks a hell of a lot more confident than Dawkins, looks like he feels like he can beat anyone. Dawkins had a tendency to be bullied out of games a bit and pass backwards/sidewards too much. Camara seems like he wants to run right through the defence.

We need one more goal scoring winger who can CROSS a ball. Hard to find. I am surprised that we do not have any strong African players, they are generally more direct and extremely fit. They sometimes seem to dominate the best Premiership teams. I am extremely impressed with some of them.The Algerians, Ivory Coast, Nigeria and Ghana have some tremendous players. If we can sign them before they become major stars then I think that we would be making the right move. Clement may be tempted to let three or four players go or let some go out on loan at Xmas for the rest of the season. This would allow other loans to come in with a view to becoming permanent signings. If we knew that we would not get any long term injuries, I think that Clement would be tempted to stick with the players that we have.Signing new players can be disruptive but Clement has done extremely well so far. If we win on saturday, Clement will equal Maclaren's record 47 point total after 23 games. Not bad for a first attempt.COYR

He is obviously a good player, his side are 3rd in ligue 1 after all. Bet Leicester fans complained about the signings of vardy and mahrez at the time, like wolves fans did when signing sako, look at them now. Ligue 1 is a very good place to unearth talents and they are generally quite cheap. 

43 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Is there an African Cup of Nations and is his team involved?

It's already finished in January this year but next one is 2017. 

Camara has played 12 of his 17 games at LW.

I'm unconvinced. 2 goals and 0 assists in 17 games, 0.7 crosses, 1 key pass and 2.3 take-ons per match. Hardly signs of a promising player, and he's 25.

Scouts will have seen something, but that goal in the clip before, that would never happen in the Championship as he'd never pick up the ball with that sort of space in a wide position direct from a goalkick.

Comparisons with Dawkins are pointless. Dawkins is a ball-playing player, this guy clearly isn't. Everyone loves a direct player, but they've got to have something about them. Russell is direct.

6 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Would rather we go for a proven Championship winger like McManaman but the scouts/Clement know better than me so hopefully it pays off.

Oh boy, this cliche again. Aside from the fact I'd hardly call McManaman proven at this level, it's total rubbish as a myth anyway.

11 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Oh boy, this cliche again. Aside from the fact I'd hardly call McManaman proven at this level, it's total rubbish as a myth anyway.

OK Tombo, I'll rephrase that. I'd much rather we signed a player who has played at this level and was reasonable, than go for a player from abroad who's expected to come in and probably immediately contribute to an automatic promotion push. Like Albentosa, he'll have barely any time to settle down and learn the language (if he doesn't already speak it). But as I said previously, the scouts/Clement know better than me so hopefully we've found ourselves a star like Mahrez. That better for you, sir?

To be fair the situation with Albentosa was completely different. He left behind a pregnant wife and came into a struggling team. In contrast, our current team is much more confident and Camara has played in multiple countries already in his career so homesickness shouldn't be an issue with him

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Camara has played 12 of his 17 games at LW.

I'm unconvinced. 2 goals and 0 assists in 17 games, 0.7 crosses, 1 key pass and 2.3 take-ons per match. Hardly signs of a promising player, and he's 25.

Scouts will have seen something, but that goal in the clip before, that would never happen in the Championship as he'd never pick up the ball with that sort of space in a wide position direct from a goalkick.

Comparisons with Dawkins are pointless. Dawkins is a ball-playing player, this guy clearly isn't. Everyone loves a direct player, but they've got to have something about them. Russell is direct.

I'll reserve judgement until I see him play...stats and a 5 minute YouTube video isn't enough for someone with my primitive football brain. 

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

To be fair the situation with Albentosa was completely different. He left behind a pregnant wife and came into a struggling team. In contrast, our current team is much more confident and Camara has played in multiple countries already in his career so homesickness shouldn't be an issue with him

A struggling team that climbed to the top of the league a full month, at least, after his arrival?

I'd say we started struggling when the Spanish donkey started playing myself.

Archived