Star Wars

Day

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

No mention of Adam Driver, Domhnall Gleeson or Andy Serkis in that casting blurb. Are they getting a movie off? :lol:

didnt notice that, although the guy from red letter media had said that Harrison Ford was listed as cast for EP 8 and Adam Driver wasnt sometime back. Cant see ren not being in it, im guessing that list of actors is a selection rather than the full cast.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

didnt notice that, although the guy from red letter media had said that Harrison Ford was listed as cast for EP 8 and Adam Driver wasnt sometime back. Cant see ren not being in it, im guessing that list of actors is a selection rather than the full cast.

snoke wants to complete Rens training. Maybe neither will appear.

4 hours ago, RamNut said:

Isn't Star Wars for kids?

why are so many adults interested?

cause its great, and as a PG-13 rating or something like that not really properly a kids film.

10 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Kids used to watch cooler stuff than they do now. Luke's Aunt and Uncles charred skeletal corpses would hardly be considered child friendly today.

3 of my favourite franchises as a kid were Star Wars, Robocop and Terminator. I don't hear anybody asking why I still like the over two.

not sure anakin slaughtering the child jedi's was too child friendly either :)

3 minutes ago, davenportram said:

it didn't show that on screen, but the new one openly shows stormtroopers slaughtering unarmed men, women and children. Guess that's why its a 12A

right upto the point he did it it was, but i agree it didnt actually show the children being slaughtered but it was clear what was happening

57 minutes ago, davenportram said:

the actuall decapitation was off screen, you never saw the head leave the shoulders.

Yeah I remember there being a bit of a cut away but could have sworn it goes to a long shot where you can see the head.

edit - just had a look and my memory was wrong. His head disappears off screen when Anakin snips it off though. Still pretty violent for a little kids film.

Having watched 2 minutes of the prequels I'm now off for a wash.

3 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Yeah I remember there being a bit of a cut away but could have sworn it goes to a long shot where you can see the head.

edit - just had a look and my memory was wrong. His head disappears off screen when Anakin snips it off though. Still pretty violent for a little kids film.

Having watched 2 minutes of the prequels I'm now off for a wash.

don't forget that you now need to watch the original trilogy (and close your eyes for the extras they snook in) as penance

34 minutes ago, davenportram said:

don't forget that you now need to watch the original trilogy (and close your eyes for the extras they snook in) as penance

Fine. 

As long as I can sing 'Yub Nub' all through the end of Return of the Jedi.

(actually I quite like the new music John Williams did for that)

I dont think Star Wars is any different to films like back to the future or star trek etc more family films than kids or adult films. I wont deny i love some kids films like despicable me or madagascar or toy story, always think there is stuff in them kids dont get.

Myself along with Mrs M sat down on Shnday afternoon for a Star Wars marathon with all intentions of watching them all from the start....we managed to get through 20 minutes of the Phatom Menace it is truly terrible...! I totally forgot how bad it was....the Force Awakwns is the movie that the Phatom Menace should have been..

Archived