Star Wars

Day

10 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

I think I've only seen him in a couple of things but starting to notice him more. He was great in Bloodline. And I've only just realised he was the Hall and Oates bloke out of The Place Beyond the Pines.

I didn't really notice who he was until I saw him in the Dark Knight Rises. He was in Starred Up with Jack O'Connell and he was amazing in Animal Kingdom. Loved Place Beyond the Pines.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/15/2016 at 13:54, Paul71 said:

Yeah so i see, maybe they kept him on the list so it didnt spoil the film as i guess everyone would have guessed the outcome.

I still dont rule something out, Ewan Mcgregor and Haydn Christensen are rumoured to be making an appearance and nothing about them either, i think there will be some surprise appearances, hope if they do appear its done well though.

It seems a bit odd re Harrison Ford as he wasnt going to be killed off originally, so i guess he must have agreed to multiple films, he was only killed off quite late in proceedings so they say.

******* Hayden Christensen. 

On 06 January 2016 at 17:28, Gritters said:

Are you sure Rey hasn't been trained?  Jedi's are trained at an early age. The training be at the back of her mind.

Possibly, but I wouldn't be satisfied with that as an explanation. Jedi's start training at a young age because force mastery is bloody difficult and takes many years to perfect. For her to train to a pre teen age, then have her mind wiped and get dumped on a planet would require me to believe that she was already stronger than an adult Sith at age 8/9 (whenever she was left) and the absence of any practice of those skills didn't degrade them in any way.

16 minutes ago, Anon said:

Possibly, but I wouldn't be satisfied with that as an explanation. Jedi's start training at a young age because force mastery is bloody difficult and takes many years to perfect. For her to train to a pre teen age, then have her mind wiped and get dumped on a planet would require me to believe that she was already stronger than an adult Sith at age 8/9 (whenever she was left) and the absence of any practice of those skills didn't degrade them in any way.

come on no one bats an eyelid about a farmer jumping in an xwing fighter and flying it perfectly, even when his droid gets blown up to offer no help, and puts his missiles in a 2m hole without the help of his targeting computer after a couple of hours messing about with a lihtsaber and a remote.

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

Anyone got any idea who that black hooded figure is, I know Vaders in this but it doesn't look like him? 

I think it is Vader. Its someone kneeling infront of something flanked by imlerial guards. Vader has a cape bit no hood in a New Hope. Dont forget this is set before new hope and will show Vader in battle - something not yet seen on screen. Maybe its a different suit worn for battle that has a hood?

or maybe its a secret apprentice that grows to be supreme leader Snoke - after all Snoke knows about the rise and fall of the Empire and Vader.

3 hours ago, StringerBell said:

Unless they're giving him a cloak for some reason. It does appear to be the Emperor there though as the Imperial Guard are standing to the side. And it looks like a Bacta tank behind the hooded figure. 

2 hours ago, davenportram said:

I think it is Vader. Its someone kneeling infront of something flanked by imlerial guards. Vader has a cape bit no hood in a New Hope. Dont forget this is set before new hope and will show Vader in battle - something not yet seen on screen. Maybe its a different suit worn for battle that has a hood?

or maybe its a secret apprentice that grows to be supreme leader Snoke - after all Snoke knows about the rise and fall of the Empire and Vader.

Let's go with cloak then. I think it was maybe shortsighted not to have the Vader breathing at the end of the trailer or something like that, just to get some general audience recognition.

If that's Snoke, I'll let a wookie sit on my face.

27 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Let's go with cloak then. I think it was maybe shortsighted not to have the Vader breathing at the end of the trailer or something like that, just to get some general audience recognition.

If that's Snoke, I'll let a wookie sit on my face.

I think the spin off films will give clues to who Snoke is. Hes very old. Knows the force. Palpatine, Vader, Luke, the Empire. Hes blind to appear or be hinted at.

similarly Max bon Sydows character will be in them. Hes an old ally so will possibly appear in the Solo film.

2 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Have another listen. 

There's a subtle noise when Forrest Whitaker says "become".

3 hours ago, davenportram said:

I think the spin off films will give clues to who Snoke is. Hes very old. Knows the force. Palpatine, Vader, Luke, the Empire. Hes blind to appear or be hinted at.

similarly Max bon Sydows character will be in them. Hes an old ally so will possibly appear in the Solo film.

I just can't see them putting key information about the new trilogy in a spin-off film, it takes away from the 'one offness' of the stories and excludes those who'll just see the Episodes rather than Rogue One.

From what I gather, the questions posed by TFA are Rian Johnson's to answer in Ep 8 (and probably Trevorrow in Ep 9), not anyone else's.

59 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Have another listen. 

Ahaha just taken me and my sister 3/4 listens to spot that, but it is there! Quite impressed with that.

Not sure if either of you are familiar with this guy but he does some pretty good but not uber dry trailer breakdowns 

21 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

I just can't see them putting key information about the new trilogy in a spin-off film, it takes away from the 'one offness' of the stories and excludes those who'll just see the Episodes rather than Rogue One.

From what I gather, the questions posed by TFA are Rian Johnson's to answer in Ep 8 (and probably Trevorrow in Ep 9), not anyone else's.

Ahaha just taken me and my sister 3/4 listens to spot that, but it is there! Quite impressed with that.

Not sure if either of you are familiar with this guy but he does some pretty good but not uber dry trailer breakdowns 

I don't think they will be explicit bits if info, but hinting at things to get fans thinking and maybe boost viewing for the stand alones. Anyone watching the main films will watch the one offs because they are released in between them. Plus events in them will have to reference the events in the original trilogy.

11 hours ago, StringerBell said:

Have another listen. 

Yeah good catch, after Forrest Whitaker says 'become' you can briefly turn the audio up really high to hear it without annoying the neighbours.

Its a very subtle noise however... to subtle?  Guess we'll find out in 8 months :)

I reckon Vader is the hooded bloke. No reason for Palpatine to be kneeling, and only Sith kneel to their masters. No imperial officers kneel to palpatine either.

reckon hes got a lightweight suit for being involved on ground battles. An aspect of Vader not seen before. Maybe a variation on the mask - as its the respirator that keeps him alive? A better version of this fans concept art could work.

don't forget the original concept behind the current mask was to allow travel in space between ships, it just stuck with Lucas. A lightweight battle suit makes sense.5707608abcfb0_yetanothervaderconceptbyga

Sith Happens
26 minutes ago, davenportram said:

I reckon Vader is the hooded bloke. No reason for Palpatine to be kneeling, and only Sith kneel to their masters. No imperial officers kneel to palpatine either.

reckon hes got a lightweight suit for being involved on ground battles. An aspect of Vader not seen before. Maybe a variation on the mask - as its the respirator that keeps him alive? A better version of this fans concept art could work.

don't forget the original concept behind the current mask was to allow travel in space between ships, it just stuck with Lucas. A lightweight battle suit makes sense.5707608abcfb0_yetanothervaderconceptbyga

That looks good, i dont sort of get that a lightweight suit will do the job for battles wheras he needs a great big lumbering thing just for pottering around.

Archived