Are Villa on track to beat our record?

Jon_Grooves

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem was Jewell. If we had stuck with Billy Davies, or appointed practically any other manager, we would have beaten Sunderland's 15 points haul easily.

The worst mistake was getting in Jewell, and not sticking with the key players who got us promoted. Getting rid of Howard, Oakley, Jones etc. was utter madness.

Our January signings made no sense either. We had no plan, and Jewell went for a scattergun approach.

When you actually think about it, Jewell messed up so much that you could actually consider it was done on purpose, like he had some secret hatred for Derby. Because it was so bad.

It will never be beaten because no team will ever make such mistakes again. Aston Villa are terrible, but they've got a much better team than we had and and they'll win a few at least.

They're going down, but with about 23 points I reckon.

Are they on track at the moment? Yes

Will they finish with less than 11 points? No

I honestly reckon most Premier League teams could play a whole season with 10 men and still equal that points total that is how bad we were, although we did have some bad luck along the way aswell. 

Villa are one of only 7 teams I think who have been in Premier League since day one so will be good to see then relegated.

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

Paul Jewell was so bad in his half season at Derby, it's a travesty that he even got the chance to start the following Championship season.

You should have seen him here !    Brought in Keane before him, I don't know which one was worse.

Anyway, looking forward to playing you in a short time, thought the match day thread may be up, but appears it's a little early just yet.

As for Villa, would be a pity if they were to have a relegation.  Decent club and supporters, but you deserve what you get over the course of a season, they're obviously not good enough for top level soccer this time around.

7 hours ago, Rams Rant TV said:

Nope.

Don't think that will ever be beaten if I am honest. 11 points is just ridiculous when you think about it.

That squad was League 1 quality & we were desperately unlucky in a lot of games as well, late goals, dodgy penalties etc. Villa will go down but will get at least 20 points surely.

I think we lost about 20-odd points to goals in the last 10 minutes of games, missed sitters that we were punished for and shocking refereeing decisions!

8 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Problem was Jewell. If we had stuck with Billy Davies, or appointed practically any other manager, we would have beaten Sunderland's 15 points haul easily.

The worst mistake was getting in Jewell, and not sticking with the key players who got us promoted. Getting rid of Howard, Oakley, Jones etc. was utter madness.

Our January signings made no sense either. We had no plan, and Jewell went for a scattergun approach.

When you actually think about it, Jewell messed up so much that you could actually consider it was done on purpose, like he had some secret hatred for Derby. Because it was so bad.

It will never be beaten because no team will ever make such mistakes again. Aston Villa are terrible, but they've got a much better team than we had and and they'll win a few at least.

They're going down, but with about 23 points I reckon.

Adam Pearson was the real problem.

Villa are playing better than we did, though not picking up the points. It'll be very unlikely that they'll be as poor as we were in the second half of the season.

Mind you, how many had said Leicester would be top mid-December?

17 minutes ago, TelTheRam said:

Villa are one of only 7 teams I think who have been in Premier League since day one so will be good to see then relegated. "

Only 6 now -

Man Utd
Arsenal
Chelsea
Liverpool
Everton
Aston Villa

Southampton the last team to leave that list I believe.

Why do all records have to start "since the Premier League started" football wasn't invented then you know all that happened was that they changed the name of the league....nothing else changed.. It was always the top league in the country one that we have won twice too don't forget! 

26 minutes ago, TelTheRam said:

Villa are one of only 7 teams I think who have been in Premier League since day one so will be good to see then relegated. "

Only 6 now -

Man Utd
Arsenal
Chelsea
Liverpool
Everton
Aston Villa

Southampton the last team to leave that list I believe.

Spurs?

Archived